Laundry question

So my husband and I have pre purchased a wash and fold for our upcoming cruise.  My question is we both have several articles of clothing that are air/hang dry.  Is there a way to either have those clothes delivered after the wash or they can hang them somewhere prior to sending them back to the room?  Thanks for the help.

You can try putting something in the comments, but I would say there's less than a 5% chance of someone actually reading the instructions and following through. Wash is pretty much always in extremely hot water, no matter what you request. If you have clothes that you care about anad that need special attention, do not send them in.

• Like 2

We use the laundry service every three days or so when cruising.  I doubt that your request to deliver the items to your stateroom so that you can hang them will be honored.  The laundry crew process so much each day this would be very difficult for them.  We have had great service from the laundry folks but travel with easy care items.  

• Like 1

I pre purchased as well for my recent trip and with the 48hr turn around time on the clothes I am sure they are sitting in a giant lien cart and whoever happens to be on laundry duty that day tosses them in and goes on to the next bag and so forth and only counts the items at the end to make sure they match to try and get them all out on time. No harm in trying to leave a note but I would go with what was mentioned above and hand wash it and hang it dry in your room. I had a sorta linen like pair of capris that came back a little rough feeling/lighter colored(?) compared to how they went. Not sure if that makes sense but I would have hanged them dry if it was at home to prevent it. With that being said they did do a good gob on washing and folding, got everything back at right about 48hrs. Only wish the bag was a smidge larger, what am I saying... a lot larger, so I didnt have to sit and roll the living daylights out of my stuff to get it to fit lol. Mind you I did get 7 FULL outfits head to toe in the bag but that was about 20+min of rolling and punching it down to fit lmao :c)

*Side note... no they will not let you use a vacuum seal bag to get more in the laundry bag! I asked and got shot down on that one though it did give the steward a good laugh lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hypercardiac said:

*Side note... no they will not let you use a vacuum seal bag to get more in the laundry bag! I asked and got shot down on that one though it did give the steward a good laugh lol. 

Maybe you can duct tape the bag to prevent ripping  -  vacuum pack and then remove the vacuum pack once inside the bag.   LOL

BTW do they still use the paper bags or use the cloth ones like in suites.

Had laundry on my last cruise.

the bag was cloth, and easily held 30 items( mostly socks and underwear ) but my husbands shorts which are a heavy material and my skirts, pants and tee shirts, all fit and came back folded nicely. 
also as a hint. Lay your items on the bed and take a picture before loading  bag. It helps if something is missing when it comes back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Celebrity uses white cloth laundry bags fleetwide for all cabin classes. It hasn't been paper bags in years. 

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe you can duct tape the bag to prevent ripping  -  vacuum pack and then remove the vacuum pack once inside the bag.   LOL

LMAO I could have used some duct tape for sure! And its a cloth bag about the size of what I originally thought was a shoe shine bag. :c/ Here is a pic of the bag in all its small glory. :c)

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have had cloth bags for  years in regular rooms.  Paper bags?  Many moons ago...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We just had a cloth bag in a regular balcony on the Solstice 

We sent my dress shirt and pants in a few days ago on Beyond in normal laundry (Elite) and they were washed and folded.  Last cruise in October on Equinox they came back on hangers but were still dried hot.

I have heard the laundry service referred to as "Boil and Bake" which seems pretty accurate.

I would not send anything that can't stand a hot water wash and drying at the hottest temperature.

Personally, I prefer ships that have a small laundry that guests can use.

• Like 3

Holland America has an unlimited laundry deal, and although I cant recall to total cost, I do know it was significantly less than what Celebrity charges for a single bag.

I purchased the laundry bag deal for our upcoming Apex cruise, but I'm also bringing some of the tide sink packs.  I work out every morning and my workout stuff is drenched in sweat, so I will do a sink wash every day or two.

We sail Princess frequently, and I like how those ships generally have self laundry rooms, but that can also be a pain in the a$$, because you need to wait for machines to open up, and hope the soap vending machines and token machines work, then run back and forth for cycles. We really like the HAL deal the best.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 11:35 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Cloth bags. No duct tape needed.

Edited by jelayne

On 2/7/2024 at 10:36 AM, kwokpot said:

Celebrity uses white cloth laundry bags fleetwide for all cabin classes. It hasn't been paper bags in years. 

Good to hear.  Since we are Zenith with free laundry really haven't dealt with the laundry issue in some time.    Now that we are venturing out to other cruise lines it will be something we will have to learn to deal with.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good to hear.  Since we are Zenith with free laundry really haven't dealt with the laundry issue in some time.    Now that we are venturing out to other cruise lines it will be something we will have to learn to deal with.

It will be interesting to see your laundry experiences on the other premium lines. I know you've written that you almost always receive your Celebrity laundry the next day but that has never been our experience. For us it's always returned on the 2nd day after handing it in and it was that way last July on the Apex and last month on the flagship Ascent(Always turn in laundry in before 9:00am). Compare that to next day return on sister line Royal, NCL and even Carnival demonstrates that Celebrity has work to do regarding laundry turnaround. 

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

It will be interesting to see your laundry experiences on the other premium lines. I know you've written that you almost always receive your Celebrity laundry the next day but that has never been our experience. For us it's always returned on the 2nd day after handing it in and it was that way last July on the Apex and last month on the flagship Ascent(Always turn in laundry in before 9:00am). Compare that to next day return on sister line Royal, NCL and even Carnival demonstrates that Celebrity has work to do regarding laundry turnaround. 

Surprised to hear that.    Curious on what type of cabin you were traveling in.   It may depend on the Butler.   On Apex and Edge  our Butler also handled the Iconic Suite and was very responsive.   On one occasion he actually returned it same day. 

8 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I have heard the laundry service referred to as "Boil and Bake" which seems pretty accurate.

I would not send anything that can't stand a hot water wash and drying at the hottest temperature.

Personally, I prefer ships that have a small laundry that guests can use.

I also prefer ships that have laundry machines that guests can use.  It's always worked well for me and I prefer to have control over the process so things don't get lost or destroyed.  I have my first cruise with X coming up later this year and I guess I really have to look into their laundry service vs. trying to hand-wash items.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Surprised to hear that.    Curious on what type of cabin you were traveling in.   It may depend on the Butler.   On Apex and Edge  our Butler also handled the Iconic Suite and was very responsive.   On one occasion he actually returned it same day. 

On both ships we weren't in Retreat Class, so that's the difference. But on Royal, NCL, and Carnival next day laundry return is for all passengers, so my comments still still stands. I think I've said this before but next day laundry return seems to be a Zenith level perk since the two times we were in Retreat (post restart and two different ships and ship class - Reflection and the Apex) Class we never received next day laundry return and in fact on the Apex the first laundry was returned on the 4th day(If it was Monday when given we got it back Thursday) since we gave the laundry after 10am and the Butler said it will be treated as if we had handed it in tomorrow morning.  So two day laundry is my experience on the flagship three weeks ago. 

In Aqua Class, we have gotten it next day, 2 days and on the Beyond, 3 days.  We were given the option to get next day or same day (if handed it before 9 am) for an additional fee.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2024 at 8:57 PM, Hypercardiac said:

LMAO I could have used some duct tape for sure! And its a cloth bag about the size of what I originally thought was a shoe shine bag. :c/ Here is a pic of the bag in all its small glory. :c)

image.jpeg

Oh my!!! That's tiny!! For a charge of USD $50 or thereabouts per bag? Horrors. We're boarding the Equinox in May for an 11-day cruise and will have to do laundry...yikes! Can you even get a pair of long pants in there? DH is 6ft tall. I've seen videos on how to fold/roll clothes strategically to benefit well from the laundry bag but gosh, this looks like a shoe bag. 😭

10 minutes ago, Dreamer68 said:

Oh my!!! That's tiny!! For a charge of USD $50 or thereabouts per bag? Horrors. We're boarding the Equinox in May for an 11-day cruise and will have to do laundry...yikes! Can you even get a pair of long pants in there? DH is 6ft tall. I've seen videos on how to fold/roll clothes strategically to benefit well from the laundry bag but gosh, this looks like a shoe bag. 😭

We are also Zenith Captains Club members and use the free laundry perk  continually.  We are presently on a ship and sent out laundry yesterday.  Items included a pair of my jeans, a pair of my 6 ft. husbands pants, two long sleeved shirts, several sets of underwear and socks.  Easily could have fit more items in the bag.