Dining companions in Luminae? Non-retreat guests?

Is there ever an option to invite non-retreat travel companions to dine in Luminae?  I know some lines have permitted this, but have never been in that position on Celebrity.  Obviously, if it's too busy it's not an option. Just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this as a possibility.

10 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Is there ever an option to invite non-retreat travel companions to dine in Luminae?  I know some lines have permitted this, but have never been in that position on Celebrity.  Obviously, if it's too busy it's not an option. Just wondering if anyone has ever encountered this as a possibility.

Suite passengers are permitted to bring guests into Luminae, but it needs to be with the approval of the Maitre D and there is also a fee for each person that gets charged to the suite passengers account. You need to arrange this ahead of time and not just show up and sometimes you may need to be flexible with your dining time. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Thanks for the replies!  Follow up question out of curiosity:  Anyone recall how much the fee was?

Not 100% on this as I’ve never brought a guest, but I believe it’s $20 for breakfast, $30 for lunch and $50 for dinner, all per person. 

My sister took her entire family on a European cruise last year they were in a sky suite on a new edge class ship , they really liked Luminae (was a little surprised since in my opinion it is not as good as it used to be ) but on separate nights she took her three adult children with there spouses and another night took her three teenage grandchildren and paid the extra fee  so they could experience Luminae.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Not 100% on this as I’ve never brought a guest, but I believe it’s $20 for breakfast, $30 for lunch and $50 for dinner, all per person. 

On Solstice in November it was $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, and $30 for dinner.  And the fee does not need to be charged to the suite guest.  It can be charged to the guest.

• Like 2

For that price, I’d do a specialty restaurant.  Luminae is good, but the menu is limited.  4 non-vegetarian entrees.  We often order off the MDR menu (non-E-class).  Would not pay $30 for guests unless they just want the experience.  YMMV. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I took my three "steerage sisters" to the Luminae for dinner in December '22 to burn through an excess of OBC. Next day was informed that the meal and wine had been comped on instructions from the hotel manager.

That's just the way my life goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My MIL and her sister joined us last minute on Eclipse. We were in a Celebrity Suite. They were not in a suite. The Maître D said show up when they open. I was charged for the dinner, but not for lunch on a sea day. We also joined them in the MDR on prime rib night. 

With the food being very limited in Luminae on the E Class ships. I would not spend the extra OBC for a guest at dinner. Lunch on a sea day, yes.

• Like 1

They allow it space available, for a fee

The food is actually very good and well prepared.  Some people are very selective in what they eat and as said, the menu is not expansive - it is one page - so don't expect Cheesecake Factory size selection. It isn't the MDR with better silverware and service

The choice would be everyone eats in the MDR or go to a specialty restaurant. If you go to a specialty then both you and your guests are paying for that 

FYI... I'm currently on the Edge eating in the Luminae. The menu has at least 8 entree selections each night, not 4 as previously mentioned. You should always fine something that is acceptable.

On 2/9/2024 at 4:01 PM, CruisersTimesThree said:

Suite passengers are permitted to bring guests into Luminae, but it needs to be with the approval of the Maitre D and there is also a fee for each person that gets charged to the suite passengers account. You need to arrange this ahead of time and not just show up and sometimes you may need to be flexible with your dining time. 

This was our exact experience when my husband and I had 2 friends that were not in a suite join us for dinner.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:47 PM, leisuretraveler223 said:

We were allowed to join friends for a dinner, who were in the Retreat. Space was available for that day and time. They arranged the reservation with their concierge and Luminae.
We paid a $30 per person fee (like a specialty dinner). Food was good, service was great and the company of friends and the time we shared was priceless.

• Like 1