Photo Review: Icon of the Seas 1/23-1/26/2024 Christening Cruise

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

steamboats was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

We had the pleasure to be invited to the Christening Cruise of the Icon of the Seas. So here´s my photo intense review (German text, but use automatic translation) - at least the first part of it. As usual I start out with a deck by deck description of the ship itself. As the Icon is such a "small" ship there will be four parts (and separate ones for the restaurants and bars/lounges). My DH hates me for making so many photos 🤣... But I returned with more than 2 K. There´s still a lot of work laying ahead of me but the first four parts are finished and there´s definitely more to come.

Enjoy!

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, cruiserhal said:

Fantastic pictures!  Thanks for sharing.   You must have gotten up very early to get all the pictures without any people in them.  Looking for the next set.

Thanks! As we´re from Germany we were still on German time 😉 - anyway we usually check when it´s sunrise and then we know when we can start taking pictures. When my stomach says it´s time for food we make a break for breakfast. With such a big ship and only 3 nights you need to start out early 😉. And we weren´t the only ones.

steamboats

• Like 2

Fantastic pictures.  Can't wait to see the rest.  Appreciate the photo of the rowing machines in the Fitness Center.  Hope top see some of the Cloud 17 and Hideaway areas.  Any picture of cabins?

• Like 1

Cloud 17 and The Hideaway are to follow of course. I took photos of our cabins but only a few other ones. Actually the show cabins went mad and there were long lines (we had problems to get into our cabin as there was a show cabin nearby), so we gave up on the cabins.

steamboats

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

It says your site is down?!🤔

Thanks, yes, looks like my website is currently down. I have to contact my DH.

DH renewed the security certificate today. Seems like there's the problem. I'll let you know when it's up again.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

did you take all of these with a digital camera? I'm assuming a phone would've maxed out of memory by the end! ha 

Actually I did take almost all photos with my phone (Oneplus 8+ with 256 GB - I just upgraded on the new 12). There are some photos I took with my camera but I think so far there´s only one or two online (those of the ship at Coco Cay).

I usually download the photos on my Surface which has only 64 GB memory. And it still doesn´t overflow 😉 although I usually have the photos of the previous trip still there.

steamboats

• Like 1