Sharing drinks on NCL

5 hours ago, havoc315 said:

So you really believe that guests are averaging $109 worth of beverages every day?

Easy peasy. I drink double shots. I can hit that at 3 pm on a sea day -- on an excursion day, maybe 6 pm. While I may not be the average, I'm certainly not alone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Easy peasy. I drink double shots. I can hit that at 3 pm on a sea day -- on an excursion day, maybe 6 pm. While I may not be the average, I'm certainly not alone.

You're not alone! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

It’s really not that hard to do.  Ask me how I know..the FAS is a money saver for me AND my Bride. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

so how you hitting it on port days?

Not whether you can drink 10-15 shots on a couple sea days, can you do it EVERY day.  And does that reflect anything close average guest?

I will tell you, that 15 shots in a 6 hour window would lead to a deadly toxicity in many people. BAC over 0.3% is likely to result in death or coma. Over 0.4%, death is very likely. 

A male weighing 180 pounds,  does 15 shots of 90 proof, over a 6 hour period — BAC would be 0.262%, just slightly below coma level. With a body weight of 150 lbs— BAC would be 0.33%, likely in a coma. 
Female… weighing 120 pounds.. does 12 shots in 6 hours — BAC is 0.4%— she is probably dead. Even if she spread 12 drinks over 12 hours, her BAC would be in coma territory. 

So if 10-15 drinks every single day was anywhere close to the average, you’d have hundreds of people dropping dead on every cruise.  

Edited by havoc315
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

so how you hitting it on sea days?

Not whether you can drink 10-15 shots on a couple sea days, can you do it EVERY day.  And does that reflect the average guest?

I will tell you, that 15 shots in a 6 hour window would lead to a deadly toxicity in many many people. BAC over 0.3% is likely to result in death or coma. Over 0.4%, death is very likely. 

A male weighing 180 pounds,  does 15 shots of 90 proof, over a 6 hour period — BAC would be 0.262%, just slightly below coma level. With a body weight of 150 lbs— BAC would be 0.33%, likely in a coma. 
Female… weighing 120 pounds.. does 12 shots in 6 hours — BAC is 0.4%— she is probably dead. Even if she spread 12 drinks over 12 hours, her BAC would be in coma territory. 

So if 10-15 drinks every single day was anywhere close to the average, you’d have hundreds of people dropping dead on every cruise.  

I’m proof this just isn’t accurate. I’m on a ship it is 6 pm. I’ve hit 17 bars today. I’m not even slurring.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

Not whether you can drink 10-15 shots on a couple sea days, can you do it EVERY day.  And does that reflect anything close average guest?

I will tell you, that 15 shots in a 6 hour window would lead to a deadly toxicity in many people. BAC over 0.3% is likely to result in death or coma. Over 0.4%, death is very likely. 

Lmao 😂 

Top 5 funniest post ever! 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

You can tell me whatever you like. I will tell you that I can drink 750+ ml of 80-proof in an 8-10-hour period and still walk -- sort of. I weigh 240 lbs. Yes, I can do it every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

You can tell me whatever you like. I will tell you that I can drink 750+ ml of 80-proof in an 8-10-hour period and still walk -- sort of. I weigh 240 lbs. Yes, I can do it every day.

Makes sense.  That's 16 shots.  Male at 240 lbs, according to the BAC calculator -- 16 shots in 8 hours would give you a BAC of 0.14% -- That's well intoxicated, but not deadly.  For most people, that's impaired judgment, poor balance (but can walk), etc.  

To show you how much weight and gender affect it -- If a female weighing 120 pounds drank that much, her BAC would be 0.4687% -- Very very unlikely that she would be alive.  That's totally toxic.  

But you do that every single day?  Beyond the fact that you are a major alcoholic if you do that every day, and I'd encourage you to seek help, how do you do that on port days?  Do you bring a flask with you?  Or you skip the ports?

And more critically, do you acknowledge, if you are doing that every single day of the cruise, sea days and port days, you are well above the average?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Sure you can. 😉 Video or it didn't happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

But you do that every single day?  Beyond the fact that you are a major alcoholic if you do that every day, and I'd encourage you to seek help, how do you do that on port days?  Do you bring a flask with you?  Or you skip the ports?

I suspect that person was, shall we say, and in the words of my late grandmother, 'telling a tall tale.'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That's the best kind of thread, tipping.  

Re sharing of drinks with folks not on the FAS package, I'm thinking a time or two, the bartender may let it slide, you try and sit at a bar for hours sliding a drink over to your friend, and something would probably be said...and yes, tipping extra may come into play here on how much "slides".  

I love it! Working tipping into this thread.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

If a female weighing 120 pounds drank that much, her BAC would be 0.4687% -- Very very unlikely that she would be alive.

It's cruising....very very unlikely that she only weighs 120lbs. 🤭

(I know that'll keep the thread going)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I suspect that person was, shall we say, and in the words of my late grandmother, 'telling a tall tale.'

Yes.... "I'm a major alcoholic whose liver will be failing any day now" -- Is a very weird brag.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IAcruising said:

you're absolutely not alone.  I can go thru 2 or 3 double shots of scotch per cigar while hanging out in the lounge.  then, I hit the craps table....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I understand that everyone's drinking habits are different, but I can't get why folks think 15 drinks a day (while on vacation) is a huge number.  Damn, I guess I have a problem 😃

When i drink alcohol, everyone calls me an alcoholic when i drink fanta, no  one calls me fantastic - Drunk Baby Meme Generator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, havoc315 said:

And more critically, do you acknowledge, if you are doing that every single day of the cruise, sea days and port days, you are well above the average?

I can assure you that the sonogram of my liver is not pretty. I now only drink while vacationing, and on a few carefully chosen day/dates. I've been an alcoholic for a very long time. I have learned the art of starting/stopping my drinking. I have maintained a MELD score of 12 for several years. I won't be dying tomorrow.

As for some of your other points, we do nearly every port, but usually the 3 or 4-hour excursions. Plenty of time on the ship even on port days. And yes, I am certainly above average, but not rare.

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I understand that everyone's drinking habits are different, but I can't get why folks think 15 drinks a day (while on vacation) is a huge number.  Damn, I guess I have a problem 😃

When i drink alcohol, everyone calls me an alcoholic when i drink fanta, no  one calls me fantastic - Drunk Baby Meme Generator

Can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning,  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's cruising....very very unlikely that she only weighs 120lbs. 🤭

(I know that'll keep the thread going)

Mrs. IA only weighs 110, but she also rarely hits 4 drinks in an 8 hour period. I take care of rest of her drink package. 😎

2 hours ago, havoc315 said:

Dr Phil has chimed in…

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

"That person" has no reason tell any tale, let alone a false one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

you're absolutely not alone.  I can go thru 2 or 3 double shots of scotch per cigar while hanging out in the lounge.  then, I hit the craps table....

I love to play some dice… 🙂