Tote Bags Given on Celebrity?

Djptcp

We receive tote bags in our cabins on Holland America to use during the cruises and to carry stuff off at the end. Will Celebrity provide something similar in our cabin?

3 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

We receive tote bags in our cabins on Holland America to use during the cruises and to carry stuff off at the end. Will Celebrity provide something similar in our cabin?

We have always received the bags. We only stay in regular balconies. 

001.JPG

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, doghog said:

Since October?

Things change quickly on Celebrity 

We were in a SV late last month and no tote bag in the cabin.  When I asked the cabin attendant said, I can probably get you one, which he did. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Things change quickly on Celebrity 

We were in a SV late last month and no tote bag in the cabin.  When I asked the cabin attendant said, I can probably get you one, which he did. 

I realize things can and do change quickly on any cruise line. Simple question as we received 4 bags between our two recent 2023 Celebrity cruises in regular balconies. March and October. Apex and Eclipse. Didn't have to ask. 

Edited by doghog

Just now, doghog said:

I realize things can and do change quickly on any cruise line. Simple question as we received 4 bags between our two recent 2023 Celebrity cruises in regular balconies. March and October. Apex and Eclipse. 

Well in January they weren’t given out in veranda cabins, at least on our cruise.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Well in January they weren’t given out in veranda cabins, at least on our cruise.

It could be fleetwide or not (?). Our next Celebrity cruise isn't until September on the Edge. DPV stateroom.  

we got 2 styles on ASCENT.. one style heavy,  one more lightweight. I think  one or both had a pouch.. Very handy.

These were not the leather Tassel.ones we got in our suite on BEYOND..

Edited by hcat
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtempelaar said:

Was on Beyond in 2022 in a Sky Suite.  No bag 🤨 We are sailing her again in 6 weeks.  Wasn't expecting anything.   

That has to be an oversight. We were also on the Beyond in 2022, Halloween sailing in Aquaclass and received a totebag. Many a times it's located in an area where you would least expect it, sometimes with the laundry bags, binocular, and umbrellas. We have always received a totebag in every cabin class. For people who haven't had one in their cabin, especially in Retreat Class, points to a deficiency to the cabin attendant rather than Celebrity eliminating complimentary toebags fleetwide.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That has to be an oversight. We were also on the Beyond in 2022, Halloween sailing in Aquaclass and received a totebag. Many a times it's located in an area where you would least expect it, sometimes with the laundry bags, binocular, and umbrellas. We have always received a totebag in every cabin class. For people who haven't had one in their cabin, especially in Retreat Class, points to a deficiency to the cabin attendant rather than Celebrity eliminating complimentary toebags fleetwide.

Exactly.  Mine was in the bedroom closet underneath the laundry bags.  I never used it and left it for the next happy cruiser.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Liao said:

Exactly.  Mine was in the bedroom closet underneath the laundry bags.  I never used it and left it for the next happy cruiser.

I need to start doing that, along with some of the other cruiseline loyalty gifts. I have bags of bags with bags, lol. I also have a drawer filled with hotel/airline/cruiseline slippers, some of them must be 15 years old. I have started using those both at home as bedroom-only slippers (besides my house slippers) and also bring a pair on trips I know won't provide them. 

PXL_20240213_201528210~2.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

I would say our butler was deficient anyway.  

• Butler was rude and condescending, immediately after we handed her $100 cash as a pre-tip "Thank you in advance" on Day 1 in addition to the pre-paid gratuities.    I was offended and I don't get offended easily.
  • Said the "delivery of afternoon savories" were the snacks in the Retreat Lounge and to go there.  Refused delivery, which goes against suite description AND my recollection from previous suite stays.
  • Disappeared after day 2.  Had to call for help and when that didn't work, had to go to retreat lounge for help.  Reappeared on last night like nothing happened a week later.

I would have liked a totebag but another chance in a few weeks at least.

4 hours ago, doghog said:

Since October?

That’s the same one I got for NYE cruise in a solo IV room. Much nicer that the one I got 2 years ago on Concierge.(this was on the Ascent)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

I would say our butler was deficient anyway.  

• Butler was rude and condescending, immediately after we handed her $100 cash as a pre-tip "Thank you in advance" on Day 1 in addition to the pre-paid gratuities.    I was offended and I don't get offended easily.
  • Said the "delivery of afternoon savories" were the snacks in the Retreat Lounge and to go there.  Refused delivery, which goes against suite description AND my recollection from previous suite stays.
  • Disappeared after day 2.  Had to call for help and when that didn't work, had to go to retreat lounge for help.  Reappeared on last night like nothing happened a week later.

I would have liked a totebag but another chance in a few weeks at least.

We have seen some crew members decline a tip at the start of the trip, saying they had not earned it.  Maybe the butler was offended thinking the  tip was because you thought that she wouldn’t do her job without it. 

• Like 3

There were two canvas tote bags in our IV balcony stateroom on the Ascent three weeks ago. We have always received tote bags on Celebrity, varying in quality by the category of stateroom booked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1