Millenium bus accident

Gypsea

I feel like such an idiot. I rushed here, thinking it was the ship that had been in an accident (I'm booked on the Millie in July)

Words do not describe how terrifying this accident must have been. My hearts go out to those who were lost and to their loved ones.

Many of those twisty roads don't even have guardrails.

Thinking of the relatives at home worrying about their cruisers and the relatives possibly onboard waiting for loved ones to return from the day trip.

CalKev - makes one wonder how people can casually surf the Net when their fellow cruisers have just been in such a crash.

My guess is that they are not surfing the net but rather emailing loved ones letting them know that they are OK.

We have four friends traveling on this cruise and sure hope they are ok. Several of you may know them, Deb and her husband Joe (she posts as Hebe) and Marc & David of Cruise Tender. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to the families of the victims and to the victims themselves.

My prayers and sympathies go out to the victims and their families, as well as to everyone on the Millie.

It's great to know that at times like this, while there's nothing we can do for them except provide our thoughts, prayers and hope beyond hope at times, everyone here (online) pulls together like a family.

We have four friends traveling on this cruise and sure hope they are ok. Several of you may know them, Deb and her husband Joe (she posts as Hebe) and Marc & David of Cruise Tender. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to the families of the victims and to the victims themselves.

I heard back from Joe. He does not think that any Cruise Critic members were on that bus.

Very sad anyway!

The direction of the Hospital Doctor Juan dead and hurt in the accident.

Wounded people: American you Harold Ruchelman (67)y Bernard Diamond (66); and the Chileans Cristián Contreras Guzmán (31) and Moral Iván War (40).

Passed away people: Miriam Diamond (76), Pretty Gail Greenfield (63), Hans Wilhelm Otto Eggers (72), Barbara Rubin (69), Arthur Joseph Kovar (67), Frieda Kovar (74), Robert Rubin (72), Maria Egger (71), Carole Ellen Rochelman (63), Shirley Bier (76), Marvin Bier (79) e, Wrath Arvey Greenfield (68), all Americans.

b.gif

http://www.estrellaarica.cl/

I heard back from Joe. He does not think that any Cruise Critic members were on that bus.

Very sad anyway!

That's good news for our Cruise Critic family.

Please note that this is a unique situation for us with Cruise Critic. Please continue to respect the emotions and privacy of those Cruise Critic members who may have been affected by avoiding any and all unfounded speculation.

It's fine to post links to legitimate news source URLs that provide updated information but please do NOT post any speculation such as, "I know that Host Walt talked about how he wanted to go on that excursion so he may be one of those killed."

Thank you all for your great consideration, respect and dignity in your posts in this thread.

I am so sad.

I just came home and my DH told me briefly of the accident. I ran right to the computer to check in....I just feel so awful.

My heart goes out to all the family members of the people killed and injured and my prayers as well. This is such a horrid tragedy.:(

Archived