USA Today Announces their Readers Choice Awards, Windstar is Number 1 in 2 categories

LAFFNVEGAS

Windstar Cruises ranked number one for Best Boutique Cruise Line  and Wind Spirit was voted Best Adult Only Cruise.

And in a Very Large category of all cruise lines Windstar came in number 3 for Best Ocean Cruise Line.

These are some pretty good numbers for Windstar.

https://10best.usatoday.com/interests/explore/best-cruise-ship-cruise-line-2024/

5 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Windstar Cruises ranked number one for Best Boutique Cruise Line  and Wind Spirit was voted Best Adult Only Cruise.

And in a Very Large category of all cruise lines Windstar came in number 3 for Best Ocean Cruise Line.

These are some pretty good numbers for Windstar.

https://10best.usatoday.com/interests/explore/best-cruise-ship-cruise-line-2024/

Since when are any of the Windstar ships "adult only"?

On our New Years cruise on the Wind Star there were 17 children - ages 5 and up. It definitely was not adults only. Very loud and very chaotic. I had never experienced that on Windstar before.

• 3 weeks later...

Not taking anything away from Windstar but there are so many “best of” categories that everyone gets at least 1, so they all can boast they are the best. I don’t pay much attention to the best of winners as a basis for choosing a cruise, or a hotel, or anything related to travel. I prefer to use something like Trip Advisor to see what the real people think. Admittedly, you have to get through several reviews to get to a sense of the real information. I also find post COVID that many things have changed in the tourism industry and all of them are struggling to get service and food back to the past normal. I read several articles that there is a new normal in the cruise and tourism industries and we have to get used to it and adjust our expectations because things have changed, and not for the better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

"I prefer to use something like Trip Advisor to see what the real people think. Admittedly, you have to get through several reviews to get to a sense of the real information" Solid advice  ...

What you need to be careful of is those that go once and now they think they are an expert. I'm an 'expert' in regards to French Polynesia  ... 32 trips there ... I've seen so much and can give a balanced take on this part of the world and/or ships that frequent FP. 

Look for those that have balance ... those that have been there many times 😉

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Posted (edited)

I have noticed that some people who stick with one cruise line only are not balanced at all in their reviews, even when they are reincarnated.

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 6rugrats said:

I have noticed that some people who stick with one cruise line only are not balanced at all in their reviews, whether under their old or new user name.

We stick with one line that happens to be Windstar Cruises for a few simple reasons: love sails, love small, hate big and assorted buffets ( won't eat at them ),  like and knowledgeable of foods, love the laundry, love that it is not all inclusive, hate standing in lines, like aloneness and quiet, love that the shower water is hot and water pressure great, love that it goes to small ports, love the bedding, love the crew and service, why would we even think of changing. Our history: 1968 crossed  Atlantic  to go to study, 1970 crossed again $150 to go back to my university, Atlantic twice with WS and Pacific once with WS, twice taken a supply ship up the St. Lawrence, once the  Hurtiguerton as a supply ship up the coast of Norway, once a Viking River Ship 2002.  We have loved every experience, (all 28 with WS),  all, different. If you love something like we do WS why venture out  to things  you know you would not like. We like where WS brings us, we like it all. When I write about WS I try to be fair, knowledgeable, " balanced "  and to tell people a bit about us because we are well aware our interests are very different. Happy Sailing

• Like 1