Shipping charge for medallion

fluffyclouds

6 hours ago, Ferndale Girl said:

I have a question about the medallion....I was talking to a friend today who is going on the Sun shortly.  She was complaining that she had to buy a medallion holder.  I told her that it comes with a lanyard and we have our own holders and don't get charged anything when we pick it up at check-in.  She insisted that she had to buy something even though she was picking it up at check-in.  Is that correct or did she do something wrong?  We have picked ours up at the port on three cruises and didn't have to pay anything.

No, not correct.  You can just get the free holder and lanyard for free.

• Like 1

They always give you a lanyard with all the medallions. We just throw them un the trash or refuse to take any at the counter. 

We've got clips which my husband made, and can be transferred to any top or jacket. 

19 hours ago, buckeye7 said:

Does anyone know if they will refund the $10 shipping charge once onboard if you buy the Plus package aboard? We were planning to use shipboard credit to buy the Plus package.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't.  You probably have to bring it up to guest services though....I doubt the system will be smart enough to go back and look at your pre-cruise transactions and automatically refund it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PMGS247 said:

I'd be very surprised if they didn't.  You probably have to bring it up to guest services though....I doubt the system will be smart enough to go back and look at your pre-cruise transactions and automatically refund it.

I don't think they would in this scenario...could be wrong.  The Plus package was/is not in effect at the time of order so I can see (maybe) reasoning for *not* refunding it.  IDK??

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't think they would in this scenario...could be wrong.  The Plus package was/is not in effect at the time of order so I can see (maybe) reasoning for *not* refunding it.  IDK??

I mean maybe?  Nothing's impossible and who knows what kind of a bad day the guest services agent might be having but if you forced me to bet my next paycheck I wouldn't hesitate for a nano-second to bet they'll at least be thrown some OBC if they ask at guest services.

17 hours ago, suzyed said:

Same here....I can't get them to fix it.

Unfortunately, I have had the same experience.  I used the princess website chat feature (actually attempted several times but got sidetracked with other things and the dumb thing times out if you don't periodically confirm you are still waiting) but the rep after spending 30+ minutes "trying" various things finally told me that it should take 24 hours before the fee will be waived and assured me it would work.

Well 5 days later I STILL have a $10.00 shipping charge lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cnice515 said:

Unfortunately, I have had the same experience.  I used the princess website chat feature (actually attempted several times but got sidetracked with other things and the dumb thing times out if you don't periodically confirm you are still waiting) but the rep after spending 30+ minutes "trying" various things finally told me that it should take 24 hours before the fee will be waived and assured me it would work.

Same here...STILL on there and supposedly he "elevated" it to a supervisor.

On 2/23/2024 at 11:47 PM, suzyed said:

Same here...STILL on there and supposedly he "elevated" it to a supervisor.

So I heard on another thread that the Medallion app has been improved....we can now see all of our upcoming cruises, etc
So I went and checked to see if the charge for Medallion shipping has been removed and lo and behold it has!  At least for now....happy!  
But it is still shows a White medallion with a blue Seawitch next to my photo.  I don't know what is up with the white medallion?

Edited by suzyed

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

So I went and checked to see if the charge for Medallion shipping has been removed and lo and behold it has!  At least for now....happy!  

I am very glad your shipping fee is correct but after updating the app (and there was a pending update I completed) and signing out and resigning in I am unhappy to report that I am still being charged for shipping lol.

6 hours ago, fluffyclouds said:

We are still being charged too and yes, we have the Plus Package. Frustrating.

Very!  
Now the medallion by my photo on the app is the wrong color...sheesh!

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

When you receive your Medallion at home, how do you know it's working?  Can you test it somehow?

No testing. It should work when you first scan it to get on the ship. How long the battery will last is another question.  That is really not an issue as it only takes Guest Services a few minutes to put in a new battery or whatever they do to fix the Medallion 

46 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

No testing. It should work when you first scan it to get on the ship. How long the battery will last is another question.  That is really not an issue as it only takes Guest Services a few minutes to put in a new battery or whatever they do to fix the Medallion 

Thank you for your input, we really appreciate it.

So my frustration with shipping charges is now elevated.  FINALLY found time to chat with them again this morning but the only recourse (this new rep had) after spending well more than an hour on 2 separate times was that I pay the shipping and then get OBC when we board the ship.

Obviously, this isn't about a $10.00 shipping fee but the principal of them expecting my to bend over backwards to get them to complete what has been promised since I purchased the Princess Plus package.  So the only recourse I am given now (no mention of being able to remotely fix and/or 24 hr wait time as the first chat rep told me smh) is that I now spend my vacation time in getting a $10.00 refund, correction, a 10:00 offset in OBC? And why I am being forced to accept OBC when I paid out of pocket for the error?

Mind you, this is my 1st Princess Cruise after 40+ cruises and 30 something with RCCL, I have had similar issues with RCCL & Celebrity (I know they are owned by RCCL but still operate separately) and they were fixed immediately.

Chat.JPG

Chat2.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:17 PM, buckeye7 said:

Does anyone know if they will refund the $10 shipping charge once onboard if you buy the Plus package aboard? We were planning to use shipboard credit to buy the Plus package.

I live in Canada and the shipping charge to Canada is $15 US. On a recent New Year’s cruise the $15 was charged to my credit card upon shipping. I waited to purchase the Plus package onboard to save over $100 US additional insurance surcharge. I then got the $15 shipping charge refunded as onboard credit by going to Guest Services. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:11 PM, cnice515 said:

Know it doesn't help you, but always wonder why anyone would have the Medallion mailed to your home?  You first have a hassle getting it set up.  Then a couple days before your cruise wonder if it will arrive on time.

Picking up at the pier involves the check in agent walking a short distance to the box of medallions and handing you your medallion.  Total is about 30 seconds and no fussing with any possible charges

On 2/28/2024 at 7:51 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Know it doesn't help you, but always wonder why anyone would have the Medallion mailed to your home?  You first have a hassle getting it set up.  Then a couple days before your cruise wonder if it will arrive on time.

Picking up at the pier involves the check in agent walking a short distance to the box of medallions and handing you your medallion.  Total is about 30 seconds and no fussing with any possible charges

I have read some horror stories about times where it took 30-45 minutes waiting in line to pick up the medallion at port and that is the last thing I would want to do when trying to get on the ship.

I have also read that it doesn't take long at all but i would prefer to not chance it and just get the medallion in the mail and avoid any potential of delay.

1 minute ago, cnice515 said:

I have read some horror stories about times where it took 30-45 minutes waiting in line to pick up the medallion at port and that is the last thing I would want to do when trying to get on the ship.

Here's a diferent story based on recent experience - two cruises from mid-December on out of Fort Lauderdal with both ships chock-a-block full; my wif and I waited a couple of minutes.

2 minutes ago, cnice515 said:

I have also read that it doesn't take long at all but i would prefer to not chance it and just get the medallion in the mail and avoid any potential of delay.

Well, that's entirely up to you of course.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:59 PM, mahasamatman said:

They now ship to Canada as well.

I also discovered that once you select to pick up at the pier, you cannot change your mind to have it shipped.

I was able to cancel my order that I placed back in December that was to be picked up at the pier, then go back on the app and reorder to be mailed to my house with success, (just a few days ago).