Mini Fridge In Cabin

puzzums

Does the little fridge in the cabin come pre-stocked with anything?  If so, is it an extra charge if you take anything, or is it included if you have the Plus package?

If the fridge is pre-stocked but not included in Plus, can you ask your room steward to remove the pre stocked items?

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Does the little fridge in the cabin come pre-stocked with anything?  If so, is it an extra charge if you take anything, or is it included if you have the Plus package?

If the fridge is pre-stocked but not included in Plus, can you ask your room steward to remove the pre stocked items?

Thanks.

If you are in a suite  it will be stocked with included beverages, if not then it will be empty, regardless of your package purchase. Once you fall in love with princess and sail enough to be elite status you also get one minibar.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

It is not included with or without any package.  Yes, you can ask your room steward to remove the contents so you may use it for your personal needs.

I don't remember ever seeing anything in the fridge on a Princess ship except for included items like the Elite mini bar items or the items included in suites. Could you be thinking of another cruise line?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I don't remember ever seeing anything in the fridge on a Princess ship except for included items like the Elite mini bar items or the items included in suites. Could you be thinking of another cruise line?

See post #3

Unless you are an Elite or Suite passenger, your fridge will be empty except for an ice bucket that your room steward will happily refill with fresh ice daily if you like. We like to preorder the bottled water package to be delivered to our room along with our Elite mini bar set up. If you plan on purchasing one of the packages, it likely doesn't make sense for you to pay extra to preorder any beverages. You can always pick up bottled or canned items you prefer at any bar and bring them back to your room to keep in your fridge.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Yes!  Sorry, we just returned from a cruise in January, not Princess, and our steward removed the contents of the fridge.  My senior brain was clearly taking a nap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes!  Sorry, we just returned from a cruise in January, not Princess, and our steward removed the contents of the fridge.  My senior brain was clearly taking a nap.

I know the feeling!  When you said it, it sounded right for a minute, then I remembered that Celebrity does that 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

It's been a while since I wasn't Elite.  So for memory...a very long time ago...they DID stock the refrigerator with a few items (water/soda) with a note that there would be a cost if consumed.  I just stuck them behind the television. 

I'm sure, by now, this doesn't happen anymore since it would be additional work for your steward and more passengers are taking up Plus or Premier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puzzums said:

Thanks.

The fridge should be empty. If there are any items left over from the previous occupants that the cabin steward did not remove just remind the cabin steward to remove them.

If you order any mini bar items for your cabin you will be charged. Mini bar items are not included with the plus or premier fares. 

Princess used to put some stuff in the refrigerator and charge if you used it. We always used to take it out and stack it on a shelf. These days they no longer stock anything in the refrigerator unless you are entitled to a mini-bar. In that case our items - other than the liquor - have been placed in the refrigerator.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

If you are in a suite  it will be stocked with included beverages, if not then it will be empty, regardless of your package purchase. Once you fall in love with princess and sail enough to be elite status you also get one minibar.  

It will also be stocked with the same complimentary set-up as for suites (10 alcoholic beverages and 10 non alcoholic beverages) if you are Elite loyalty level. But note you'd only get one Elite mini-bar set-up per cabin, even if both people are Elite.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

5 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I was wondering if you meant HAL. We always have them empty it too. I prefer Princess’s empty fridge for sure. No issues with unwarranted charges. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

It will also be stocked with the same complimentary set-up as for suites (10 alcoholic beverages and 10 non alcoholic beverages) if you are Elite loyalty level. But note you'd only get one Elite mini-bar set-up per cabin, even if both people are Elite.

A minor note: If one is Elite and in a suite there will be two mini-bar setups. One for being Elite and one for being booked in a Suite.

(I won't have this issue...)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

A minor note: If one is Elite and in a suite there will be two mini-bar setups. One for being Elite and one for being booked in a Suite.

August will be our the first cruise with both minis, thanks to an upgrade. We also have the plus package for when out and about on the ship. I foresee a lot of restroom visits on that trip. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

August will be our the first cruise with both minis, thanks to an upgrade. We also have the plus package for when out and about on the ship. I foresee a lot of restroom visits on that trip. 

One set-up will be in the cabin. You have to phone to request the second set-up.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:49 AM, Thrak said:

Correct. I did say only one Elite minibar setup per cabin.