Mariner Early Booking Bonus Cruises- now disclosed on web page

Ready2go11

I was just searching around the webpages and noticed that on the mariner early booking bonus benefits web page, it had a box for each of the cruises where it was available!   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/cruise-deals/mariner-early-booking-bonus

I had always thought it would be great if there was more transparency about which cruises that booking bonus applied to and voilà, there it was. Thanks HAL  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Yes, I saw that too.  Sadly none of the itineraries I liked were on the listing 😉 

It is nice to be able to see itineraries were it is offered, though.

On 2/20/2024 at 10:38 AM, VMax1700 said:

It would also be good if they showed the date which the EBB is available until.  

Wouldn't like it to be an 'oooh it was there yesterday!' event.

I wonder if the date the EBB will depend on how well the cruise is selling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

That was the impression I got when I was looking, thus I was anxious to hurry and book. However, for that particular cruise it was listed as available until exactly at the one year mark prior to embarking. 

1 hour ago, ChinaShrek said:

I believe (based on HAL's own information) that it is only available for 90 days from when the new season launches.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/recent-articles/whats-new/early-booking-bonus-for-all-mariner-society-members/

11 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I believe (based on HAL's own information) that it is only available for 90 days from when the new season launches.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/recent-articles/whats-new/early-booking-bonus-for-all-mariner-society-members/

You are correct that is what the article says but it is both my TA’s and my experience that the EBB can run longer than 90 days.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to know for sure, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

You are correct that is what the article says but it is both my TA’s and my experience that the EBB can run longer than 90 days.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to know for sure, though.

I suppose as 'new season launch' is a bit flexible, the end date needs to be flexible too, but it would be reassuring to have a defined end date, even if it does get extended.  I would just hate to decide to book one evening and when I log in the next morning to make the booking, find that the bonus is gone! 

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I suppose as 'new season launch' is a bit flexible, the end date needs to be flexible too, but it would be reassuring to have a defined end date, even if it does get extended.  I would just hate to decide to book one evening and when I log in the next morning to make the booking, find that the bonus is gone! 

I went to do some looking as I have a Fall 2025 itinerary in mind.  I’d like to wait until I’m on board in April to book but not sure if that is safe or not.

When I checked the itineraries seem to have been released mid 2023 and the Mariner OBC bonus expired near the end of November 2023 but…the EBB is still available on the 2025 itinerary.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

For a 2025 transpacific we wanted, I took them at their word and booked the EBB fare when we decided it was a price we could accept…and not wanting that bonus to disappear on me.  

Checking again (prompted by a Cruise Critic discussion) about six months later, the EBB was still offered. Just checked again and it is now gone, which is around nine months after we booked.

Edited by ExArkie

I have never cruised Holland America before, but have been looking a lot on their website at possible 2025 options.  Yes, I registered, but I don't think that makes me an official "Mariner."  However, just yesterday, I got an email from HA advising of the $400 onboard credit and the Have it All offer for many sailings.  Am I now considered a "Mariner" or are they marketing to me as a Carnival VIFP (only gold, not platinum)?

6 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

I have never cruised Holland America before, but have been looking a lot on their website at possible 2025 options.  Yes, I registered, but I don't think that makes me an official "Mariner."  However, just yesterday, I got an email from HA advising of the $400 onboard credit and the Have it All offer for many sailings.  Am I now considered a "Mariner" or are they marketing to me as a Carnival VIFP (only gold, not platinum)?

I think that the $400 OBC and HIA relates to specific 2024 sailings.

This is different to the Early Booking Bonus for Mariners. 

But it all could be just a big mish mash of prices!

13 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

I believe if you have sailed on any Carnival brand HAL considers you a 1 star Mariner before your first cruise with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Am I now considered a "Mariner" or are they marketing to me as a Carnival VIFP (only gold, not platinum)?

I'm thinking that @Sea42 is correct, although I'm failing to come up with that policy in writing, on the website.

ETA: I found it as a FAQ answer:

"No registration is required. All Mariners (past guests of Holland America Line) are enrolled automatically and will receive benefits starting with their second cruise. Guests who have sailed aboard a "World's Leading Cruise Lines" ship (Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Seabourn or Costa Cruises) are also automatically enrolled in the program as a Star Mariner after they make their first booking with Holland America Line. "

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I don't know if they still do this, but it used to be you could get automatic 1-star HAL Mariner status if you sailed on any other Carnival-owned cruise line before (in my case it was Cunard back in 2012) and applied for it at the website Carnival has (or had) for all their combined lines. I can't remember the details as it was so long ago, but I think it was something like 'world's leading cruse-lines' or something like that. Perhaps someone else will remember the details and if it is still possible to do now.

Edit: I just noticed that the poster Crystalspin above me had some info on this too!

Edited by MaxThrusters
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:51 AM, kazu said:

I think this is a  result of the confusion between -

Mariner Society Early Booking Bonus (OBC based on length of cruise) available on cruises booked within 90 days of launch

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/ca/cruise-deals/mariner-early-booking-bonus

Have it All Early Booking Bonus (amped up HIA perks and free crew gratuities) available on cruises booked "early" with no fixed definition of how early is early? months? a year?

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/ca/cruise-deals/have-it-all-early-booking-bonus

• Like 2