We Waited Too Long

Socal404

We are on the Vista, March 9-27. We procrastinated on excursions, and are now locked out of many. I was hoping to go to the Kennedy Space Center, but BOOKED! How do you get on the waitllist? Will there be private companies offering tours at the pier? Any info is appreciated.

If Oceania uses the same berth at Canaveral then there are no operators there at all. You will need to set up and plan in advance if you are going to DIY there. The things you see people talking about on the Ports Of Call are at the docks used by Disney & Carnaval. 

I've been there 2 or 3 times on Oceania and the area they dock at is just a huge empty parking lot.

Having said all that do try to go to the Space Center. I loved it.  

• Like 2

I second Oskidunker.  Check to see if there is a Tours by Locals guide for a private tour. If not, check out other private tours.  Although we have been on some very nice ship-sponsored tours, we always love private tours when there is a good option.

Why not rent a car from Budget(they have a location close to the port) and do it yourself?  You don't need a guide to go to Kennedy Space Center.  It's an amazing place, I hope you find a way to go there.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Call O to get on a waitlist.

Yes this worked for us on recent Marina Antarctica cruise.   Called to get on waitlist. Thought we were out of luck but got informed the day we boarded the vessel and entered our stateroom. The tickets were in a separate envelope.  A nice surprise.

12 minutes ago, davencl said:

Yes this worked for us on recent Marina Antarctica cruise.   Called to get on waitlist. Thought we were out of luck but got informed the day we boarded the vessel and entered our stateroom. The tickets were in a separate envelope.  A nice surprise.

Where was the excursion? Obviously not Antarctica itself.

5 minutes ago, clo said:

Where was the excursion? Obviously not Antarctica itself.

It was in Puerto Montt, Chile.  The Volcano and waterfall tour.  It was an 8 hour tour.  Feb. 12.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 2

Maybe just book an Uber back and forth. Maybe you can even do Uber Reserve (not sure if it’s offered everywhere) and have your Uber booked in advance. Will probably cost $40-50 each way. Kennedy Space Center itself can be done on your own. Just some things there (certain tours, etc.) that are recommended to book in advance as they can sell out.

• Like 2