Where do I make reservations for shows?

My cruise is on Symphony April 28.  I know I have to start looking to make reservations for shows sometime around the first of the preceding month (that would be today).  That's the when.

Where  do I do this on the cruise planner?  Is it pretty obvious, or do I have to go hunting for it?

I have been looking this morning as well. I don't think it has shown up yet. I have read that sometimes it's a day or so later than the first of the month. Our cruise is Oasis on April 7th.

I'm asking for just a brief description of how reservations for shows works.  I have sailed Holland America several times, but have my first RCL cruise this June on Jewel of the Seas.  Is the reservation system for passengers in certain cabin levels and higher - eg. suites?  Or everybody?  Do you get a specific seat assignment?  Why doesn't everybody do it?

On Holland America for popular shows you just got there early to get your seat.

1 minute ago, CaptJerry51 said:

I'm asking for just a brief description of how reservations for shows works.

It will be really easy for you - Jewel doesn't have any reservable shows.

1 hour ago, CaptJerry51 said:

I'm asking for just a brief description of how reservations for shows works.  I have sailed Holland America several times, but have my first RCL cruise this June on Jewel of the Seas.  Is the reservation system for passengers in certain cabin levels and higher - eg. suites?  Or everybody?  Do you get a specific seat assignment?  Why doesn't everybody do it?

On Holland America for popular shows you just got there early to get your seat.

Reservations for shows are only on the larger ships and for certain shows and are for all guests.  It does not get you a specific seat, just admission to the venue, you still need to get there a bit early to get good seats.  Without reservations you go to the standby line and get admitted 10 to 15 minutes prior to the show starting

On 3/1/2024 at 3:34 PM, bluewater1298 said:

I have been looking this morning as well. I don't think it has shown up yet. I have read that sometimes it's a day or so later than the first of the month. Our cruise is Oasis on April 7th.

Oasis TA on April 21st opened today

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Booked Aqua 80 for the Oasis TA (April 21) this morning.

Thank you! I went online and was able to book. Interesting that Aqua 80 wasn't showing up on the app! Even after I booked on the computer my reservation isnt showing on the app...

So is Aqua80 the only Aqua show on Oasis now? I thought they had 2 different shows in the past.

3 minutes ago, GamesGuy3811 said:

Thank you! I went online and was able to book. Interesting that Aqua 80 wasn't showing up on the app! Even after I booked on the computer my reservation isnt showing on the app...

So is Aqua80 the only Aqua show on Oasis now? I thought they had 2 different shows in the past.

All of the Oasis Class have only 1 Aqua show. 

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Reservations for shows are only on the larger ships and for certain shows and are for all guests.  It does not get you a specific seat, just admission to the venue, you still need to get there a bit early to get good seats.  Without reservations you go to the standby line and get admitted 10 to 15 minutes prior to the show starting

Do Pinnacles need to make reservations on Oasis?

We are on the Symphony of the Seas April 6 and reservations for shows just opened yesterday. The app didnt show them but my laptop did. Look under entertainment! We were able to book all 5 shows.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:22 AM, mafig said:

My cruise is on Symphony April 28.  I know I have to start looking to make reservations for shows sometime around the first of the preceding month (that would be today).  That's the when.

Where  do I do this on the cruise planner?  Is it pretty obvious, or do I have to go hunting for it?

We booked the shows yesterday for our 4/21/24 cruise. Complete your info for your boarding pass and you can go to entertainment and book the shows. You should be able to complete your registration next Thursday 3/14/24 and book your shows.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

Complete your info for your boarding pass and you can go to entertainment and book the shows.

Show reservations are not dependent on check in - you can book shows without ever checking in.

Edited by Biker19