Picture for Checking-in

cellfree

In the past I have been able to skip this step however today it will not let me “save & continue” without taking a pic. Seems to be a shortened check-in on-line process since I last cruised MSC. Are there are only two screens that need completion? 

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

Website seems to insist on me having a picture taken/sent in order to complete check-in. Made several attempts to do so, unsuccessful.  Any insights?

Try turning the flash fully on, so it is on even before the picture is taken, This works sometimes.  

Got it to work on iPhone for one of us yesterday. Then today got our E-ticket with QR code for the “pictured” person and saying the second person either needs to a) complete process with a picture or b) print out Boarding Passes attached. As the attachment also includes Luggage Tags I will just print everything, easier than attempting another picture. All ready to go!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:13 PM, cellfree said:

Website seems to insist on me having a picture taken/sent in order to complete check-in. Made several attempts to do so, unsuccessful.  Any insights?

It is an awful awful system. Between the photo which never works, then the passport scan with "does not match" errors that no one at the call center can fix. 

I'll give them til March 30 to get their on-line check in mess fixed because we sail on the 31st.  I only have a computer to use to check in with, and I am not able to use the camera, so I guess we just show up at check in with no documents?

1 hour ago, gadaboutgal said:

I'll give them til March 30 to get their on-line check in mess fixed because we sail on the 31st.  I only have a computer to use to check in with, and I am not able to use the camera, so I guess we just show up at check in with no documents?

You can call them or your TA to get the docs emailed 

13 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

We too are sailing on the 31st.  I called them, no hold time, talked to the rep and they finished our check in for us telling us they would do the pics at the dock.  This is our 4th time sailing with MSC and the 1st time the web interface would not let us skip the picture part.

Of interesting note, we could do everything but the picture on the computer - web cam would show our face, but not actually take the picture AND we could easily take the picture in the app, but it would not scan the passport.  I could not find a way to combine the 2 processes, so I just called.  They emailed me my ticket as I was on the phone with them.

• Like 1

Checked in two cabins exactly the same way, got e-ticket for one but not the other, called MSC and individual emailed the one i was missing immediately, so all is good. 

Posted (edited)

I do know they take one at embarkation whether one is downloaded or not.

I was able to download the picture of the primary person in each reservation which then allowed me to choose an embarkation time slot. 

Edited by cellfree
added details

I was having the same issue for my February cruise and finally got the picture to take. They used the picture I uploaded and never took another one at the Pier as they have done in the past.