Sun Princess Signature suite questions answered!

1 minute ago, lennythenose said:

Spa/Thermal suite - what (if anything) is included for suite passengers? I get different answers

Haven’t been in the Sun yet but have done several suites on different ships. From my experience, Ships without an Enclave usually include thermal spas as a suite perk. Ships with the enclave, like royal ships, do not include it.

be Interested to know so I can cancel and get refunded my spa reservation for upcoming Sun cruise. 

• Like 2

Thank you for doing this.

I hope you don't regret it.

Can you check out two things for me please.

Are any of the loungers in the suite part of the Sanctuary in the shade?

Also, could you ask someone (Guest services or concierge in the suite lounge) just how they decided which balconies got straight back chairs vs, reclining chairs? It seems inconceivable to me that we don't even get reclining chairs on our Suite balcony.as the photos seem to indicate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Haven’t been in the Sun yet but have done several suites on different ships. From my experience, Ships without an Enclave usually include thermal spas as a suite perk. Ships with the enclave, like royal ships, do not include it.

be Interested to know so I can cancel and get refunded my spa reservation for upcoming Sun cruise. 

A penthouse suite passenger in another group who was posting live from the first sailing confirmed that the Enclave is included for suite passengers at no charge. He knew this because he used the Enclave.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

A penthouse suite passenger in another group who was posting live from the first sailing confirmed that the Enclave is included for suite passengers at no charge. He knew this because he used the Enclave.

Do you actually live in P-Town?  We live in JP. 

On 3/9/2024 at 10:59 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

And I realize that there are still 3 cruises before mine so a lot of this may be answered before I get on.  

Thank you, @Sox Fan Cruiser.  Definitely interested in understanding how the Sanctuary benefits are going to work for Suites.  Some of the things I have seen so far are concerning.  Specifically, I don’t see how the Signature Sun Deck can possibly accommodate passengers from 80 suites, particularly without any sort of reservation system.

• Like 4

New concern regarding The Sanctuary…according to the Live From thread, the aft elevators can be taken by anyone directly to The Sanctuary (i.e., bypassing the staff at the entrance).  If this continues, it seems like a major problem for the staff managing access to the area and a huge annoyance for the people who have actually purchased seats in there.  Is the intention to restrict elevator access at some point?  I’ve heard they aren’t actually selling seats in The Sanctuary on this cruise, so maybe not as relevant at the moment, but it’s going to be a critical issue once warmer weather arrives!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, CatMom72 said:

New concern regarding The Sanctuary…according to the Live From thread, the aft elevators can be taken by anyone directly to The Sanctuary (i.e., bypassing the staff at the entrance).  If this continues, it seems like a major problem for the staff managing access to the area and a huge annoyance for the people who have actually purchased seats in there.  Is the intention to restrict elevator access at some point?  I’ve heard they aren’t actually selling seats in The Sanctuary on this cruise, so maybe not as relevant at the moment, but it’s going to be a critical issue once warmer weather arrives!

I believe the live thread has since said that a medallion will be required to have the elevator stop at the Sanctuary (with staff monitoring until it is in place).  Now a new question has arisen - since we've learned that the Sanctuary is intended as a perk for Signature guests - will it still be adults only?  That is a big game changer for me (sorry kids... you have Park 19 and kids clubs and every other pool- we need at least one place for just us adults...)

• Like 3

My question is a little bit left field, we usually travel with others who would normally choose CC mini's so I guess the question would be can the Signature class guests join those in the Reserve Dining room on the Sun?

• Like 1

Some questions from me:

Would love a general review of the concierge services.  Were they able to get you any reservations (show or restaurants) that you wanted on the days/times you wanted?

How are the reserved areas for the shows?  How far in advance did you feel you needed to arrive to still get a good seat?

Review of dining in the signature restaurant and post any menus.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

I believe the live thread has since said that a medallion will be required to have the elevator stop at the Sanctuary (with staff monitoring until it is in place).  Now a new question has arisen - since we've learned that the Sanctuary is intended as a perk for Signature guests - will it still be adults only?  That is a big game changer for me (sorry kids... you have Park 19 and kids clubs and every other pool- we need at least one place for just us adults...)

A follow up in that thread said that kids will NOT be allowed but I will check. 

I’ve added the other questions to the list. We do not go to shows but I can still find out the answers for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

A follow up in that thread said that kids will NOT be allowed but I will check. 

I’ve added the other questions to the list. We do not go to shows but I can still find out the answers for you. 

Apparently, teenagers 16 and up (suite cabin) will be allowed. I think that's a good policy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

A follow up in that thread said that kids will NOT be allowed but I will check

Still paying full price for the passenger who cannot access all the perks they have paid for then though haven't they?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Still paying full price for the passenger who cannot access all the perks they have paid for then though haven't they?

Kids are often the third or fourth passenger in a cabin which come at a reduced rate and don’t necessarily include the same amenities such as with the packages.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Kids are often the third or fourth passenger in a cabin which come at a reduced rate and don’t necessarily include the same amenities such as with the packages.

So are adults (I would hazard a guess more often than kids are from the cruises we have been on) and while they are happy to pay for the packages are they going to be happy to shell out an additional $99 per day for the sanctuary as well??

If a child doesn't get to use this perk and an adult does on the same fare then why are they paying the same price?

• Like 1

@Sox Fan Cruiser I think you are scheduled to sail in April and I’m wondering if you are able to see Spellbound available for booking on the app? I believe reservations were supposed to open yesterday. I looked for my cruise in November and don’t see it available for booking this far out. I’m just curious if someone who is cruising in the next month can now book it and if so if it’s listed under dining or under something else? TIA.

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser I think you are scheduled to sail in April and I’m wondering if you are able to see Spellbound available for booking on the app? I believe reservations were supposed to open yesterday. I looked for my cruise in November and don’t see it available for booking this far out. I’m just curious if someone who is cruising in the next month can now book it and if so if it’s listed under dining or under something else? TIA.

I am a little addictive when it comes to cruising!  🤪 I have been looking multiple times a day to see if Spellbound is available for booking. I am NOT exaggerating!  😛

Nothing so far. The rumor is that the early sailings will be by invitation only (much like 360 was) so we will see. I’m in a Penthouse suite so hopefully I get the invite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I am a little addictive when it comes to cruising!  🤪 I have been looking multiple times a day to see if Spellbound is available for booking. I am NOT exaggerating!  😛

Nothing so far. The rumor is that the early sailings will be by invitation only (much like 360 was) so we will see. I’m in a Penthouse suite so hopefully I get the invite. 

Thanks for the update. I hope you do get an invitation once you are onboard. That would make sense that it will be like the 360 experience to start with but it is frustrating that Princess said they’d open up reservations starting on 3/19.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:52 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

This is what I have so far.  Keep 'em coming!!

(Doesn't copy as nice as it looks in Word but you get the idea)

Signature Collection Questions

·       Overall experience

·       Sanctuary/Sun Deck

o   Overall experience

o   Aft view

o   Cost? 

o   Reserve Loungers? 

o   Access to main area of Sanctuary? 

o   Sit in main area if Signature area is full? 

o   Food? 

o   Bar?

o   Price of cabanas?  Suites get first choice?  Reservation process.

o   Afternoon tea?

·       Signature Restaurant

o   Menu

o   Different from Reserve Restaurant

o   Different from Main Dining Room

o   Breakfast

o   Different each day

o   Fresh squeezed orange juice

o   Noise from the Piazza

·       Signature Lounge

o   Overall experience

o   Bar Service

o   Concierge

o   Crowded?

o   Happy hours?

o   Entertainment

·       Misc

o   Aft elevators

o   Special Restaurant first night – book onboard (SOXFAN: If I try to book it on the app it is charging my credit card so I don’t want to do that.  I like to go to the suite dining room the first night to “report in”. But I will ask)

Yes, I have not seen anything posted about this process yet.

Curious if all Speciality Restaurants are available to Signature Suite guests that first night or is it only a selected group of restaurants?

Thank you for adding to your list to ask about!! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Sox Fan Cruiser thanks for starting this, ignore the folks that say we are taking parts of the ship away from them (behind the locked door), you get them on every line.  I am booked for Sun Princess in Jan 2025, I wanted them to have a full year to work out the kinks.  I am a regular Haven sailor (NCL) and have YC (MSC) booked as well.  Other then you list that I saw, I was hoping to find out:

These are room related, which I didn't see as a subsection on your list yet

1.  Is the mini bar included with your room or a la cart?
2.  What types of snacks do you get in the room each day, and can you request snacks?
3.  What are the branded items in the bathroom?  

Restaurant:
1.  Is the menu static or rotating?  If static does the chef do one special a night (since it is a la cart style, I wonder if the chef can riff) ?

Thanks!

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1

@Sox Fan Cruiser-

Can you please add - in red below

Signature Collection Questions

·       Overall experience

·       Sanctuary/Sun Deck

o   Overall experience

o   Aft view

o   Cost? 

o   Reserve Loungers? 

o   Access to main area of Sanctuary? 

o   Sit in main area if Signature area is full? 

o   Food? 

o   Bar?

o   Price of cabanas?  Suites get first choice?  Reservation process.

o   Afternoon tea?

Any seats in the shade

·       Signature Restaurant

o   Menu

o   Different from Reserve Restaurant

o   Different from Main Dining Room

o   Breakfast

o   Different each day

o   Fresh squeezed orange juice

o   Noise from the Piazza

·       Signature Lounge

o   Overall experience

o   Bar Service

o   Concierge

o   Crowded?

o   Happy hours?

o   Entertainment

·       Misc

o   Aft elevators

Cabins

Chairs on suite balconies - reclining?

Enclave included for suites?

o   Special Restaurant first night – book onboard (SOXFAN: If I try to book it on the app it is charging my credit card so I don’t want to do that.  I like to go to the suite dining room the first night to “report in”. But I will ask)

Thank you !!!

• Like 1