current MDR wine prices?

j3000

Posted (edited)

can anyone provide information on, or a copy of the current MDR wine price list (bottles) on Reflection (or other Celebrity ship, assuming prices are the same)? Thanks!

Edited by jargey3000

The wine list is many many pages long and you will find that quite a few of the wines on the list are not available. So it is an exercise in frustration for anyone to try to get you the list.

• Like 1

In the app if you go to the current sailing of the Reflection and look under Dining, Select the MDR and then go to Menu for any day and there will be a tab for wine.  You will find the wine list there.

As @cruisestitch says it is a long list and some wines are not available on every ship for every sailing but for the most part on our sailings in Oct, Nov and January there were pretty accurate.

Posted (edited)

thanks jelayne😊

quite an extensive list indeed!

I'm assuming there's no "corkage fee" in addition to the price per bottle, on the menu? ....so a $50 bottle of wine costs you $50? correct?

(edit: $50 plus tip, of course🤦‍♂️)

Edited by jargey3000

12 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

thanks jelayne😊

quite an extensive list indeed!

I'm assuming there's no "corkage fee" in addition to the price per bottle, on the menu? ....so a $50 bottle of wine costs you $50? correct?

(edit: $50 plus tip, of course🤦‍♂️)

If you purchase the wine on board, there is no corkage fee.  A 20% grat will be added to the price of the bottle.

We are not cruising until July 2024. So, the x app did not show menus & drink prices.

Have checked all searches and cannot find answer.

Does anyone know if they have Moscato wine on the Beyond or Celebrity Ship?

Do they sell it by the glass or bottle only? Price? 

What Brand is it? 

TIA

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

We are not cruising until July 2024. So, the x app did not show menus & drink prices.

What Brand is it? 

TIA

Check a current sailing. All of the prices are on the app. 

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

What Brand is it? 

TIA

Yes they have Castello del Poggio Moscato by the glass for $10 and possibly others too

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes they have Castello del Poggio Moscato by the glass for $10 and possibly others too

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It is people like you would make these forums valuable and informative!

Happy Cruising! 

I am sailing in 2 weeks on Infinity. There are no drinks menus on the App. With the increase in prices, but not in the amount included in the Classic package we are considering upgrading to the Premium package but wanted to see some wine and cocktail prices to work out if it is worth upgrading or paying the extra as we go. I think on past sailings we have seen drink prices in the app but not this time.

Posted (edited)

I found that if you go on the App and then into Dining, Bars and Lounges, and select one of the bars, like World Class or Ensemble, you'll see drink selections and prices.  The listing of options I would guess is not 100% comprehensive, but you can get an idea of prices.

Edited by capsplace

24 minutes ago, Pack Leader said:

I am sailing in 2 weeks on Infinity. There are no drinks menus on the App. With the increase in prices, but not in the amount included in the Classic package we are considering upgrading to the Premium package but wanted to see some wine and cocktail prices to work out if it is worth upgrading or paying the extra as we go. I think on past sailings we have seen drink prices in the app but not this time.

They should be in the app by venue. The drinks tab is just the packages. But when I just looked at Infinity in particular there were a lot of items that weren't populating, especially for the dining rooms. That's where the much of the wine should be. Summit is fine so I don't know what's going on.

What are you looking for? Wine would normally be listed with the dining room menus, for instance, as well as Cellar Masters and the Rendezvous Lounge among others. Beer can be all over the place and harder to track down, but there's a decent sample under the Constellation Lounge.

If you're looking for cocktails, the only ones in the app are specialty drinks. A well drink (gin & tonic with house gin, margarita with house tequila, etc.) will be whatever the upper limit is of the classic package. Most call drinks (Hendricks and tonic) will be somewhere between $12 and $17 (upper limit of premium package). And most of their specialty drinks look to be $15-$17. The martini bar is pretty much universally $17, although I'm sure there's something over the limit if I look hard enough.

If you're not seeing things on your sailing, go to the current sailing or try a different ship. The wines won't be exact anyway even for your ship. But it'll give you ballpark sample.

Thanks, that was what I was finding, no drinks menus in the app. Looking for prices on cocktails like Pina Colada, Espresso Martini, nothing too fancy and my wife drinks Chardonnay. There used to be Seeker, which was $9 previously then there is another called Elegance at $17 just can not find any more information or options. Think we will upgrade to a Premium Package to give us more options. Previously we have survived on the Classic Package, but Celebrity have moved the goal posts!

I am a Chardonnay drinker.  I find the Elegance Chard to be very good, and I order it regularly while onboard.  The Elegance wines are made by Kendall Jackson and are EXCLUSIVE onboard Celebrity cruiseships.  You cannot get these wines anywhere else.  And I think they taste much better than a KJ chard, just my opinion.  Once onboard, it's the first drink I request.  They fit within the Premium drink pkg pricing.

16 minutes ago, Pack Leader said:

Thanks, that was what I was finding, no drinks menus in the app. Looking for prices on cocktails like Pina Colada, Espresso Martini, nothing too fancy and my wife drinks Chardonnay. There used to be Seeker, which was $9 previously then there is another called Elegance at $17 just can not find any more information or options. Think we will upgrade to a Premium Package to give us more options. Previously we have survived on the Classic Package, but Celebrity have moved the goal posts!

The Seeker Chardonnay is within the Classic package for for our upcoming cruise.  The Elegance Chardonnay is on the premium package.

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

I am a Chardonnay drinker.  I find the Elegance Chard to be very good, and I order it regularly while onboard.  The Elegance wines are made by Kendall Jackson and are EXCLUSIVE onboard Celebrity cruiseships.  You cannot get these wines anywhere else.  And I think they taste much better than a KJ chard, just my opinion.  Once onboard, it's the first drink I request.  They fit within the Premium drink pkg pricing.

Thanks, my wife loves Kendall Jackson regular Chardonnay 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 9:46 AM, Pack Leader said:

The new pricing must be driving the bar staff crazy. So many times we’ve overheard guests being told there is an up charge for the drink they ordered, only to hear them ask if they can have  it made with a less expensive vodka etc. The bar staff shake their heads as though they’ve been asked the same question a thousand times that day. The guest then switches to another drink. People seem to be sticking to their package limit rather than paying the extra, which is fair enough.