Can't Make Dining Reservations on Sun Princess via App

GK95

Can anyone provide an explanation on why I still can't make reservations for dining on the Sun Princess? I'm 95 days out and paid in full. When I go into the Book Dining tab, and select either Specialty dining or MDR, it says 'Sorry! There are no available time slots for this date.'

I don't remember this happening after I paid on my last cruise (but maybe I wasn't as excited to book on the last one and didn't notice?). I understand that it's a new ship, but is that the reason, or do I need to be within a certain number of days out?

Posted (edited)

I don't know what the issue may be...but have you by chance tried the "web version" in your cruise personalizer?  Just open your cruise (on a desktop/laptop/tablet) and scroll down just a bit on the *Summary* tab (NOT Dining tab) until you see:

web version.jpg

Many people have claimed success by going this route instead of trying to do so with either of the apps.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sun Princess dining reservations have not been opened for that far out.  Being a new ship, the dining reservation openings are being released slowly--a couple weeks at a time...Don't know how far they have been opened, but I keep looking since we are booked on the Sun in September.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't know what the issue may be...but have you by chance tried the "web version" in your cruise personalizer?  Just open your cruise (on a desktop/laptop/tablet) and scroll down just a bit on the *Summary* tab (NOT Dining tab) until you see:

web version.jpg

Many people have claimed success by going this route instead of trying to do so with either of the apps.

I didn't know I could do it this way. Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, everything is greyed out, so I can't proceed to selecting a date to make a reservation. Guess I'll just have to keep checking to see when it's updated. 

53 minutes ago, birdiebill said:

Sun Princess dining reservations have not been opened for that far out.  Being a new ship, the dining reservation openings are being released slowly--a couple weeks at a time...Don't know how far they have been opened, but I keep looking since we are booked on the Sun in September.

It's kind of odd that they're on the third sailing, and we still can't book. I would think it wouldn't make a difference once they got started, but shows you what I know lol!

1 hour ago, GK95 said:

I didn't know I could do it this way. Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, everything is greyed out, so I can't proceed to selecting a date to make a reservation. Guess I'll just have to keep checking to see when it's updated. 

It's a very well kept "secret"!  (Not really...but they could certainly do a better job of publicizing this!)

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It's a very well kept "secret"!  (Not really...but they could certainly do a better job of publicizing this!)

They did mention on their webinar recently, that they will open more in a couple of weeks.  

Because of the new dining concepts, it is taking a little longer to make them available.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GK95 said:

Can anyone provide an explanation on why I still can't make reservations for dining on the Sun Princess? I'm 95 days out and paid in full. When I go into the Book Dining tab, and select either Specialty dining or MDR, it says 'Sorry! There are no available time slots for this date.'

I don't remember this happening after I paid on my last cruise (but maybe I wasn't as excited to book on the last one and didn't notice?). I understand that it's a new ship, but is that the reason, or do I need to be within a certain number of days out?

I watched a recent Princess webinar & they stated that reservations are currently available until 5/31/24 & they hope to open additional dates soon.

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

I have just spent the most frustrating 45 minutes on the phone to Princess trying to make two reservations, with no success at all.  

We are fully paid, less than 100 days out and have paid for Princess Premier which gets us two speciality meals over 14 days.  Restaurants are not showing up on the app or the website, and the two people I spoke to on the phone made various excuses why they couldnt make reservations.

Has anyone been able to make Dine My Way meal reservations, and if so, please can you give me some tips!!

Just now, VickyVoo said:

I have just spent the most frustrating 45 minutes on the phone to Princess trying to make two reservations, with no success at all.  

We are fully paid, less than 100 days out and have paid for Princess Premier which gets us two speciality meals over 14 days.  Restaurants are not showing up on the app or the website, and the two people I spoke to on the phone made various excuses why they couldnt make reservations.

Has anyone been able to make Dine My Way meal reservations, and if so, please can you give me some tips!!

As noted, Sun Princess dining is only bookable through May 31.

No other dates have opened yet.

Once the next set is open, you'll hear about it here, and virtually any other Princess or Sun Princess forum.  

It's simply not available yet past end of May..

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, really?  Why, oh why, do the staff at Princess, including a supervisor not know this??  Thank you so much for the information-I was beginning to go mad I think!

On 4/11/2024 at 11:44 AM, reedprincess said:

As noted, Sun Princess dining is only bookable through May 31.

No other dates have opened yet.

Once the next set is open, you'll hear about it here, and virtually any other Princess or Sun Princess forum.  

It's simply not available yet past end of May..

Following

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 90 days out and was just able to book Butchers Block by Dario.....but nothing else? We wanted to eat here so it's cool but I found it strange that no other restaurants have opened up their books yet.

Posted (edited)

I was told that we can only book Sun dining 30 days out. I have paid in full for 8 months - absurd is an understatement and on top of that they have cancelled Santorini and Kotor.  Not happy about any of this. I will never book a cruise that has less than a year of sailings. 😒

Edited by Globaler

21 hours ago, Globaler said:

I was told that we can only book Sun dining 30 days out. I have paid in full for 8 months - absurd is an understatement and on top of that they have cancelled Santorini and Kotor.  Not happy about any of this. I will never book a cruise that has less than a year of sailings. 😒

I’m guessing you are a “glass half empty” type of guy/girl/non-binary!

I'm seeing Spellbound open for reservations in early June, but not every night. Don't know if those unavailable nights are already sold out or if they're dark those nights. Anybody know?

2 hours ago, Esprit said:

I’m guessing you are a “glass half empty” type of guy/girl/non-binary!

Not hardly - a very hetro guy. Just kinda of fed up with the 6/8 Sun cruise where I can’t book dining, Santorini and Kotor have been replaced. care to step in my shoes?

1 hour ago, Globaler said:

Not hardly - a very hetro guy. Just kinda of fed up with the 6/8 Sun cruise where I can’t book dining, Santorini and Kotor have been replaced. care to step in my shoes?

Me too! Just hoping my Sun cruise on 10 August stops at Kotor and Santorini, but if its not meant to be I’ll just max out my Plus package on Peroni’s and red wine!

Aim to do traditional dining around 8 pm each night on a table of 8 and hopefully enjoy everyone’s company.

Will go to Sabatini’s and the new Asian themed restaurant (can’t recall the name) and be thankful I’m not sitting at my office desk for 14 nights whilst aboard.

Posted (edited)

Another factor that affects booking MDR fleetwide is the announced transition to reimplementing Traditional dining which won’t be available to make MDR reservations until June 17. All existing MDR reservations (not including SD reservations) from 9/14/25 & beyond will eventually be canceled.

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm 43 days out and just got my email about dining. Checked the app and the majority of the venues are now available for me to book (ones that aren't area Love by Britto, Spellbound, and O'Malley's Irish Pub). 

Rick and Jennie

I tried using my computer, however I needed to add other guests who are booked under two other booking numbers.  I enter the booking numbers and nothing happens.  Two hours spent yesterday on the phone trying to make dining reservations for Dec 29th Sun Princess. I had made seven nights on Deck 7 at 7PM for 7 people and asked the agent on the phone to make a couple of specialty restaurant reservations.  He could not, and the system deleted three of my reservations on Deck 7.  Princess app is worthless and their customer service people are not well trained.  Do you have another number for executive type personal.  I have been texting with Kevin Karzin a Senior Ocean Navigator.  Cannot find a phone number

Bob K

On 3/11/2024 at 8:23 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

web version.jpg

the desktop way did not work for me, maybe because I have three booking numbers and trying to secure Deck 7 dining for 7 nights for 7 people.  Alternative dining, no chance, app keeps giving error messages.  I went so far as to submit my credit card and then the reservation was rejected error message in the app.  Princess should get their act together, or they will not be around long.

2 hours ago, Robert Kirsch said:

the desktop way did not work for me, maybe because I have three booking numbers and trying to secure Deck 7 dining for 7 nights for 7 people.  Alternative dining, no chance, app keeps giving error messages.  I went so far as to submit my credit card and then the reservation was rejected error message in the app.  Princess should get their act together, or they will not be around long.

Trying to make reservations for multiple nights and multiple people has *always* been an issue...I don't really think that anybody has been able to crack that nut!  This may very well be an occasion where you would need to call in via phone...or wait until you get on board (understandably the least desirable option when trying to grab a specific time slot.)