Do I have any say in this - help please!

masonchar

Posted (edited)

Technically…It is within their rights to move you and it is mentioned in the fine print confirmation email and elsewhere (I just can’t remember where else I read it) that there may arise a need to change your cabin. The booking email does not guarantee an upgraded cabin, so they may feel that they are already doing you a favor by upgrading your category. It still doesn’t hurt to ask if there are any other cabins or options available to you. They likely want to retain customer satisfaction so you will want to return to Princess in the future. 

Edited by ChristiCruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

And if after everything they won’t give you your cabin back, push for any other perks you can get them to give you to compensate - on board credit, free Plus package etc. Or ask for a real upgrade to an unobstructed balcony. A move to the cabin next door is not an upgrade. Good luck!

Are you kidding? Ask to go from an obstructed ocean view to an unobstructed Balcony, I'd say no if I were Princess. I would consider asking for another cabin in the category I booked or one category higher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cnice515 said:

My understanding of the categories (thought the lower the letter the better the category...A is best in that category and then B, C, etc,), but going from OW to OY is not an upgrade but maybe I am wrong. 

I

OP stated OZ to OY

Posted (edited)

Don’t wait for someone to call back.  Many times they don’t.

Go into chat or call back and tell them you will hold for a supervisor in customer solutions.

They should be able to find another cabin that would work for you.  Or, give you your room back, until you can give you a better option.

There is a box on the website, which you can click…no upgrades.  Unless they discontinued it.

In the future go through a CVP at Princess.  They can resolve this for you.  I would request a CVP and ask for help.  If they are really good, you could use them in the future.  You can request one on the website or call the CVP desk 1 (800) 901-1172.  

Let us know.  Good luck.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

I just finished my 5th phone call to Princess.  Have spoken to 4 different people.  Each person telling me in 1 or 2 hours a supervisor will call.  This has been going on since 9am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try CHAT,     (if it is operating)

I wish I knew a good Princess Planner.  (wish somebody might contact me with some info)

I would also recommend that you request a Planner, that might be able to. help you.

I do not have one, and have not since the one we were assigned was useless and went totally AWOL.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You'll be much happier with the 2 person cabin. 

It's really tricky to move around the queen sized bed setup with two berths hanging on the wall. 

4 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

If it is a 4 person obstructed ocean view cabin, where are the two upper berths?  Are they projecting from the walls beside the queen bed, or do they come down from the ceiling? 

If the two upper berths are on the side walls they could be hazards (if the bed is set up as a queen bed).

Insides have the pullmans hanging on the wall.  The OP has booked an OV and so they are in the ceiling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

UPDATE:

7 calls later and hours spent waiting on hold - - I finally spoke to a supervisor(???) He said they would launch an investigation and get back to me in 48 hours.   Okay....sure

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Plenty of testimonials on CC about supposed call backs from supervisor that never materialized.  Princess call center is useless.

Certainly seems that way for the OP at least

2 minutes ago, masonchar said:

UPDATE:

7 calls later and hours spent waiting on hold - - I finally spoke to a supervisor(???) He said they would launch an investigation and get back to me in 48 hours.   Okay....sure

Oof, well at least you had a convo with a sup and hopefully he will do his due diligence and follow-up with you. 

Again, please keep us posted on the outcome.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, masonchar said:

I have a call in.  Person who answered couldn't help me.  Waiting for a supervisor to call back

If the supervisor doesn't do what you asked, try the CVP line. They have more authority to move your cabin around. It's actually part of their job to do that. (They did it for me with no fuss as part of a refare.)

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

There is a box on the website, which you can click…no upgrades.  Unless they discontinued it.

I'm pretty sure it's gone. At least I haven't been able to find it.

28 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

If the supervisor doesn't do what you asked, try the CVP line. They have more authority to move your cabin around. It's actually part of their job to do that. (They did it for me with no fuss as part of a refare.)

I'm pretty sure it's gone. At least I haven't been able to find it.

It's still there when you do a new booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Globaler said:

Any update? I hope they resolve this in a way to your liking.

I will do an update when I hear back.  They said 48 hours ... so we will see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, masonchar said:

I will do an update when I hear back.  They said 48 hours ... so we will see

You sound like you are doing what you should. You should have specific cabins in mind when they get back to you specifically a better OZ cabin.

Edited by richstowe

2 minutes ago, richstowe said:

You sound like you are doing what you should. You should have specific cabins in mind when they get back to you specifically a better OZ cabin.

There is nothing left from what I can see.

12 hours ago, clarky213 said:

It's still there when you do a new booking.

I didn't see it when I booked. Oh well, I don't care that much as it's my first Princess cruise and the first time not in an inside cabin so it will be interesting to see if I get an upgrade and if it's to a cabin I would have picked if I had the choice.

To the OP, the longer you wait to resolve this, the bigger the chance they will have reassigned your old cabin and will refuse to move you back. Don't wait for the 48 hours! Call the CVP line now!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I didn't see it when I booked. Oh well, I don't care that much as it's my first Princess cruise and the first time not in an inside cabin so it will be interesting to see if I get an upgrade and if it's to a cabin I would have picked if I had the choice.

To the OP, the longer you wait to resolve this, the bigger the chance they will have reassigned your old cabin and will refuse to move you back. Don't wait for the 48 hours! Call the CVP line now!

I have called - 7 times actually.  A supervisor said they are doing an investigation and will get back to me.   And, I know, my original cabin is gone.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, masonchar said:

I have called - 7 times actually.  A supervisor said they are doing an investigation and will get back to me.   And, I know, my original cabin is gone.

You called the main line. They are worse than worthless because they give out misinformation. For example, they say they are going to do an "investigation" but there is nothing to investigate. Princess "upgraded" you because they wanted your original cabin. They are allowed to do this so they did. What is the supervisor going to find?

The CVP line is different and gets you to a higher-paid, more knowledgeable person who has more access to the computer to change cruise cabins, rebook you, etc.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

You called the main line. They are worse than worthless because they give out misinformation. For example, they say they are going to do an "investigation" but there is nothing to investigate. Princess "upgraded" you because they wanted your original cabin. They are allowed to do this so they did. What is the supervisor going to find?

The CVP line is different and gets you to a higher-paid, more knowledgeable person who has more access to the computer to change cruise cabins, rebook you, etc.

Where would I find this phone number?

On 3/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, PacnGoNow said:

In the future go through a CVP at Princess.  They can resolve this for you.  I would request a CVP and ask for help.  If they are really good, you could use them in the future.  You can request one on the website or call the CVP desk 1 (800) 901-1172.  

Let us know.  Good luck.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Anytime one books a room for 2 that has capacityof 3 or 4 there is the potential that you might get moved to a room max capacity 2 in the same class or better, if  they need the cabin for a party of 3 or 4.  Not considered an upgrade. Not unusual practice.

Same thing if one books an accessible cabin and they do not need the accessible features.

Edited by TRLD