FBC- Does it include checked baggage?

szizo

Considering purchasing my flights for an upcoming cruise via Flights by Celebrity.

I'm comparing to direct booking with airline.

Can anyone confirm if a checked bag is included in the quoted fee? Or would this be added later. TIA

There is no baggage benefit for booking your flight through Celebrity.  You'll pay whatever the airline charges.  Take caution, they usually book you on the worst itinerary with long layovers and multiple stops.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kaysha2004 said:

There is no baggage benefit for booking your flight through Celebrity.  You'll pay whatever the airline charges.  Take caution, they usually book you on the worst itinerary with long layovers and multiple stops.

🤔 Just tell them exactly what flights you want. Are you just calling and asking for flights from point A to B? I would never do that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kaysha2004 said:

they usually book you on the worst itinerary with long layovers and multiple stops.

I disagree.

2 hours ago, szizo said:

Can anyone confirm if a checked bag is included in the quoted fee? 

Flights across the pond(s) typically include 1 checked bag.  As @Ex-Airbalancer states, the website shows the status when one shops for flights.

12 hours ago, kaysha2004 said:

You choose the flights you want.  If you're doing it over the phone, you can tell them the exact flights you want (if you already know) or you can work with them to get the flights you want (if they are doing the search). 

You can also book it yourself through FBC online and do the flight searches yourself.  I've done it both ways.

• Like 4

We recently booked FBC and the baggage fee was NOT included.  

if you are Canadian, make sure your file doesn’t get switched to US $ so that when you book seat selection or pay baggage it will be not be in US $.   Ours did. Cruise and flight Canadian but some how it, changed when ticket sent to airline.  We  got dinged US currency difference and  about a 2.5% fee for “foreign “ currency on our credit card.  Unfortunately, not the first time this has happened and We are not the only ones  

15 hours ago, jwlane said:

I disagree.

Flights across the pond(s) typically include 1 checked bag.  As @Ex-Airbalancer states, the website shows the status when one shops for flights.

Ah ok. That makes sense. I'm in Canada traveling East to West. They charge for everything lol

22 minutes ago, szizo said:

Ah ok. That makes sense. I'm in Canada traveling East to West. They charge for everything 

yup. Happened with Air Canada and West Jet as well

Posted (edited)

We booked our flights with Celebrity for our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver.  We are in Ontario and are flying West Jet to Vancouver and Air Canada back to Toronto.  West Jet the bags are included and Air Canada there is a charge for the bags in U.S. dollars.  The reason for the price in U.S. dollars is charged is because the flights are being done through a third party (Celebrity) that is based in the U.S., therefore the price for the bags is charged in U.S. dollars.  The same goes for booking your seats in advance.  We were charged in U.S. dollars for the seats.  You can save the cost on the seats all together if you don't book your seats until you do your check-in for your flight.  They will show you what seats are available for you.  If you don't care where you are sitting or you don't mind not sitting with your partner, then wait and choose your seats when you check-in for your flight.  Check-in for the flight is usually 24 - 48 hours before your flight is scheduled for take off.  Hope this helps.  

Edited by Oskial

2 hours ago, Oskial said:

We booked our flights with Celebrity for our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver.  We are in Ontario and are flying West Jet to Vancouver and Air Canada back to Toronto.  West Jet the bags are included and Air Canada there is a charge for the bags in U.S. dollars.  The reason for the price in U.S. dollars is charged is because the flights are being done through a third party (Celebrity) that is based in the U.S., therefore the price for the bags is charged in U.S. dollars.  The same goes for booking your seats in advance.  We were charged in U.S. dollars for the seats.  You can save the cost on the seats all together if you don't book your seats until you do your check-in for your flight.  They will show you what seats are available for you.  If you don't care where you are sitting or you don't mind not sitting with your partner, then wait and choose your seats when you check-in for your flight.  Check-in for the flight is usually 24 - 48 hours before your flight is scheduled for take off.  Hope this helps.  

When you book flights by Celebrity , you can have the price in CAD

, been booking with them for over 10 years I never paid in in USD 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

When you book flights by Celebrity , you can have the price in CAD

, been booking with them for over 10 years I never paid in in USD 

I paid the flights in Canadian dollars but not the baggage fee or the seat selection.   

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 7:49 PM, kaysha2004 said:

I'm not sure when you last booked airfare with Celebrity, but that hasn't been the case for over a decade. Yes, if you had an airfare included fare where they picked your flights you were at their mercy, but as others have said, you select your own flights, and you pay whatever the price is for those flights.

Edited by MisterBill99

On 3/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, jwlane said:

I disagree.

That's *typically* a benefit that comes from the airline...not FBC.

It depends on the Airline and Rate booked.   On the booking window there is a suitcase Icon and will give you the details.  This is very similar if you booked on the airline site direct.

• Like 1