First Time in Full Suite--via Royal Up. I Have Questions!

Posted (edited)

So, this morning, I received the Royal Up email.  My bid from a JS to GS with large balcony on the Anthem was accepted  (I bid the lowest $$ amount). WOOT!

Questions:

1. 1. I sail in 3 days.  Do I get updated luggage tags?  None seen yet.

2. I see I get Voom.  Do I cancel my previous paid order or will it come off my folio automatically?

3. I just cancelled all my MTD reservations.  When I board, do I go to Coastal Kitchen to reserve dinners? Can I reserve on the app? Can I reserve via email?

4. Where do I find the suite concierge? Do I have the concierge handle the reservations?

5. Do I need to reserve all three meals at CK?

I think that's it for now.  Thanks in advance 🙂

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 5

The suite concierge has a desk in the suite lounge. They have office hours, they will be present in the lounge for a few hours in the morning, and in the evenings during happy hour. 

I'm guessing since you have Voom included you are on one of the big ships that takes reservations for the shows. Normally the concierge will have made show reservations for you, but with the late upgrade this might not be the case. 

If you receive an email from the concierge you can request reservations at CK by email reply. Otherwise on boarding day you can stop by CK and make reservations for as many days as you want to eat there. You only need reservations for dinner. For breakfast you just show up. I don't know the schedule for lunch if they are open every day or only sea days, if at all. 

If your luggage tags aren't updated in your account then the porters at the pier have luggage tags they can put on your bags. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe I'm blind but I dont see which ship. Makes a difference on perks.

You're not blind--I just edited to note that we are sailing on the Anthem.

Thank you!

Teddie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

The suite concierge has a desk in the suite lounge. They have office hours, they will be present in the lounge for a few hours in the morning, and in the evenings during happy hour. 

I'm guessing since you have Voom included you are on one of the big ships that takes reservations for the shows. Normally the concierge will have made show reservations for you, but with the late upgrade this might not be the case. 

If you receive an email from the concierge you can request reservations at CK by email reply. Otherwise on boarding day you can stop by CK and make reservations for as many days as you want to eat there. You only need reservations for dinner. For breakfast you just show up. I don't know the schedule for lunch if they are open every day or only sea days, if at all. 

If your luggage tags aren't updated in your account then the porters at the pier have luggage tags they can put on your bags. 

Many thanks!

Teddie

46 minutes ago, teddie said:

Do I cancel my previous paid order or will it come off my folio automatically?

Cancel it now, if you can - the planner may be locked out already.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Will the suite perk for Voom include just one device? My previous purchase was for 2 devices. Can each of us have it?

Teddie

1 minute ago, teddie said:

Will the suite perk for Voom include just one device? My previous purchase was for 2 devices. Can each of us have it?

Teddie

As a GS perk on that class ship, you will each receive complimentary wifi for one device (each will have your own user name and password.  If one of you needs to use two devices at the simultaneously, your cabinmate would have to log off and share the login info).

If that’s enough wifi, cancel your previous purchase.  If you are already locked out of the cruise planner, I would anticipate the suite concierge helping with that refund on day one.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Love grand suites on oasis class , WiFi has been explained, tell concierge if you want to eat all meals there , you also will get a 3 hour happy hour with unlimited drinks normally from 5 to 8 but can very . You can also get free water we , soda or wine all day in suite lounge.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Love grand suites on oasis class , WiFi has been explained, tell concierge if you want to eat all meals there , you also will get a 3 hour happy hour with unlimited drinks normally from 5 to 8 but can very . You can also get free water we , soda or wine all day in suite lounge.

We don't have to use our Diamond drinks in the Suite Lounge?

3 minutes ago, teddie said:

No , we are also diamond plus , the drinks at happy hour don’t count against your 4 diamond drinks 😁

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, George C said:

Note that they are on Anthem (Quantum class).  IIRC, only Oasis class has the 11a to 11p water, soda, beer, wine.

• Like 1

Wow! Congrats!

I’m following this because I have a bid in to go from a Junior Suite to a Grand Suite on Wonder for the April 22 sailing. I also bid the minimum. I’m hoping and crossing my fingers to experience my first true suite, too,  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RumRunner01 said:

Wow! Congrats!

I’m following this because I have a bid in to go from a Junior Suite to a Grand Suite on Wonder for the April 22 sailing. I also bid the minimum. I’m hoping and crossing my fingers to experience my first true suite, too,  

Good luck!  This is my third cruise bidding for an upgrade, and first acceptance of a bid.  Clearly, thinking that you won't win a bid because the ship looks sold out is not accurate. Now I'm worried that I will be totally spoiled after this!

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

The grand suite and the owners suite are both Star class or Sky class … TIA 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, teddie said:

Good luck!  This is my third cruise bidding for an upgrade, and first acceptance of a bid.  Clearly, thinking that you won't win a bid because the ship looks sold out is not accurate. Now I'm worried that I will be totally spoiled after this!

Teddie

People sometimes have to cancel so upgrades happen even when then ship has been sold out for months.  Have a great time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

The grand suite and the owners suite are both Star class or Sky class … TIA 

So I receive all the associated perks for Sky Class--and double points because my original booking was a JS?

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 2:55 PM, teddie said:

During the three hour happy hour drinks in the Concierge lounge are not charged against your vouchers  

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 2:03 PM, Biker19 said:

We got royal upped on Anthem in November and frankly, I forgot to remove the prepaid internet.  It actually didn't click until we were home. Eventually it got refunded but def visit guest services if you can't cancel in advance.  

• Like 1