Wine in Q4 Queens Grill cabin

This will be our first Cunard cruise. It says you get "2 included bottles of wine or spirits" in your cabin minibar. Is this daily or once for the whole cruise? Because we may make a bottle of spirits last for 7 days, but not a bottle of wine. And if we do choose to make our own cocktails, are the bottles of orange juice eg replaced every day, and if not, do you request those from room service, and is there a charge for this? Thank you for your help.

20 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

This will be our first Cunard cruise. It says you get "2 included bottles of wine or spirits" in your cabin minibar. Is this daily or once for the whole cruise? Because we may make a bottle of spirits last for 7 days, but not a bottle of wine. And if we do choose to make our own cocktails, are the bottles of orange juice eg replaced every day, and if not, do you request those from room service, and is there a charge for this? Thank you for your help.

Soft drinks are free, and you can ask for what you want. They usually replace the bottles when they are nearly finished, not exactly every day, but often enough.

3 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you very much. Our friends are aiming to book to come with us, but not in a Queens cabin. If we invite them to our room for drinks, will we be able to give them cocktails or wine too, without extra charge?

Up to a point, I’m sure. Probably if you get through a bottle of gin daily, they may become less generous. 😀 But generally speaking, yes.

38 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you very much. Our friends are aiming to book to come with us, but not in a Queens cabin. If we invite them to our room for drinks, will we be able to give them cocktails or wine too, without extra charge?

Yes as already said and we have had wine replaced twice during a day, although holding back a bit on the gin.

We often do the same. Open house, or open cabin on some cruises with non  QG friends and our butlers have always kept us 'refreshed'. to the point of twice a day if needs be.

If having a bit of a do, ask the butler for a more substantial pre dinner spread, Sometimes  there's so much one almost doesn't feel like dinner.

Enjoy

Just to be on the safe side, bring a few more bottles with you if you intend to entertain every night. There is no limit to what you can bring on board.

Beers and soft drinks/mixers will be delivered as requested without charge.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Also, again providing you don’t ask every night, they might be happy to bring you a few extra canapés.

Pre-Covid, you could organise for hot canapés through your butler. When entertaining, the butler would meet with you to talk through the food and wine. They’d also serve while guests were present. Have been able to host small gatherings of 4-6 in a Q6/5 quite comfortably. Butler will even write a hand written invitation to the cabins of your guests, even if they are in Britannia. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 4:50 PM, worldtraveller99 said:

Can anyone tell me if champagne is included if you prefer that to still wine? I'm guessing not but just wanted to check

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

I was aiming to ask for a bottle of simple single malt whisky, to make our own cocktails - that costs more than many Champagnes?

You can try, but don’t be at all surprised if the answer is 'sorry, here’s the list' to pricey bottles.

Folk have often asked for similar products but pricey bottles aren’t usually accommodated.

This was the list we had last year on QV.

8BF808AE-CE44-4941-8A28-3EE9DEFA0172.thumb.jpeg.aa8a7c18593fa4bbd91db9361b3d96d2.jpeg

Edited by Victoria2

1 hour ago, Thetis22 said:

Can anyone tell me if champagne is included if you prefer that to still wine? I'm guessing not but just wanted to check

You will get 1 bottle at the beginning of the cruise but replacements would be charged to your account. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worldtraveller99 said:

I was aiming to ask for a bottle of simple single malt whisky, to make our own cocktails - that costs more than many Champagnes?

But tends to last rather longer.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

You can try, but don’t be at all surprised if the answer is 'sorry, here’s the list' to pricey bottles.

Folk have often asked for similar products but pricey bottles aren’t usually accommodated.

8BF808AE-CE44-4941-8A28-3EE9DEFA0172.thumb.jpeg.aa8a7c18593fa4bbd91db9361b3d96d2.jpeg

Do you know what the Asterix means against the Monkey whisky and the Brandy Reserva, is there maybe a supplement to those?

Monkey shoulder is a blend of 3 single malts. A rather strange concept. 

So not a single  malt fine for cocktails  otherwise see what single malt are available,  butler can go off the list my wife drinks armanagnac 

32 minutes ago, GeorgianGal100 said:

Do you know what the Asterix means against the Monkey whisky and the Brandy Reserva, is there maybe a supplement to those?

To be honest, I haven't a clue.

There's an asterisk next to the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and there's definitely no surcharge there as it's one I order.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

On our Alaska cruise on the QE last summer  (our first time in QG on that ship) I was surprised to see the list was less than half the length of the one pictured here - and other photos we have seen.  There was Bombay gin but  no liqueurs that appealed to us.  Thanks to advice on CruiseCritic we wrote a note to the butler requesting Baileys and it was provided.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

To be honest, I haven't a clue.

There's an asterisk next to the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and there's definitely no surcharge there as it's one I order.

I wonder if it means you might get a substitute as they are running low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We wanted Hendricks and I tipped the butler up front, a bottle of Hendricks magically appeared and was refreshed in the middle of the journey.  As long as you are reasonable and friendly the butler will try to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1