Shore Excursion Credit Applied

Just booked my first NCL shore excursion! YAY! 🎉

So this also shows up when making the booking:

Shore Excursion Credit Applied

The excursion itself was only $29, and there’s a $50 credit per cabin per shore excursion. I’ve already paid for this now, when does the credit get applied? I used the NCL credit card. 

😁

4 minutes ago, zqvol said:

That is the price after the application of the credit. Very confusing on the web site. 

Going forward I’ll definitely have to pay more attention!!! 

If you buy an excursion on-line, the credit will be applied immediately.  If you buy while on the ship, the credit is not applied until after you take the excursion.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

If you buy an excursion on-line, the credit will be applied immediately.  If you buy while on the ship, the credit is not applied until after you take the excursion.    

I already have a laundry list of around 11 shore excursions I’ve been eyeballing, plan on trying to buy as many of them as possible before-hand. 

9 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I already have a laundry list of around 11 shore excursions I’ve been eyeballing, plan on trying to buy as many of them as possible before-hand. 

The shorex credit is $50 per stateroom per tour, but in the past it only could be applied to the passenger whose name appears first on the cruise contract.  If the first passenger chose not to take a tour in a particular port, but the second passenger did, they would not receive the discount.  That policy may have changed recently, though.  I can't be sure, since my wife and I each have taken the same tours on our recent cruises.  A couple of years ago, when she wanted to do some scuba dives and I just wanted to walk around town, we were told that she would not receive the $50 credit because my name was listed first on the reservation.  We walked across the atrium from Shorex to Guest Services, asked them to reverse the order of our names on the booking, walked back to Shorex, and everything was hunky-dory.  She got the $50 on her excursions.  The credit is good per tour, not per day.  If you can find a couple of tours that you can take on the same day, say one in the morning and one in the afternoon, not overlapping in time, you can get $50 back on each of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

If you can find a couple of tours that you can take on the same day, say one in the morning and one in the afternoon, not overlapping in time, you can get $50 back on each of them.

Ooooh! The possibilities just exploded in my brain. 🤣 Planning this is gong to be freaking amazing! 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

We walked across the atrium from Shorex to Guest Services, asked them to reverse the order of our names on the booking, walked back to Shorex, and everything was hunky-dory.  She got the $50 on her excursions. 

This is interesting.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

That is the price after the application of the credit. Very confusing on the web site. 

The emailed receipt will show a break down of the shore ex prices and any discounts applied (like a latitudes discount). Check your email for the receipt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The emailed receipt will show a break down of the shore ex prices and any discounts applied (like a latitudes discount). Check your email for the receipt. 

I guess I wasn’t expecting an email receipt, but it’s definitely nice to have. The shore excursion verification also shows up in my booking. Smiles all around! 😁

IMG_9031.jpeg

41 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

If you can find a couple of tours that you can take on the same day, say one in the morning and one in the afternoon, not overlapping in time, you can get $50 back on each of them.

Correctamundo!  I did this on two of our ports for our October cruise on the Sun!

• Like 4

Just be aware - if the excursion is cancelled on embarkation day or after the credit goes on your account in a very odd way, I got bitten by this.  They initially refund the FULL PRICE of the excursion, if you booked pre-cruise and got the discount at the time of payment they will subsequently charge your account that $50.

How did I get 'bit'?  I thought I had a bunch of credit to use, not realizing it would be a second transaction to 'claw back' the excursion credit, so I paid for internet for the trip to use it.  The next day is a $50 charge from shorex...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, hallux said:

Just be aware - if the excursion is cancelled on embarkation day or after the credit goes on your account in a very odd way, I got bitten by this.  They initially refund the FULL PRICE of the excursion, if you booked pre-cruise and got the discount at the time of payment they will subsequently charge your account that $50.

How did I get 'bit'?  I thought I had a bunch of credit to use, not realizing it would be a second transaction to 'claw back' the excursion credit, so I paid for internet for the trip to use it.  The next day is a $50 charge from shorex...

Just, YIKES. 😳

50 minutes ago, hallux said:

i also noticed quirky accounting with shore excursions and port changes. it never makes sense. i got lucky one cruise when i noticed they never backed the 50 dollars. i ended up with extra 50 dollar credit

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i also noticed quirky accounting with shore excursions and port changes. it never makes sense. i got lucky one cruise when i noticed they never backed the 50 dollars. i ended up with extra 50 dollar credit

There are three ports where I have already planned on staying on the ship. These seem most likely to be the ones cancelled for some reason, so since I am remaining on the ship, there are no shore excursions in jeopardy. 

All of the rest save the Panama Canal are in US ports, so fingers-crossed that weather and seas cooperate. 

IMG_9037.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

8 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

These seem most likely to be the ones cancelled for some reason, so since I am remaining on the ship, there are no shore excursions in jeopardy. 

Oddly enough - my cancelled excursion was in a port that was very possible to be cancelled, Acapulco, but we ported there...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

Oddly enough - my cancelled excursion was in a port that was very possible to be cancelled, Acapulco, but we ported there...

I’m very much looking forward to Cabo San Lucas and Acapulco. No ship crowds, and these are two of the ‘Love Boat’ ports I’ve been dreaming about for more than 4 decades. 

IMG_9038.jpeg

26 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

There are three ports where I have already planned on staying on the ship. These seem most likely to be the ones cancelled for some reason, so since I am remaining on the ship, there are no shore excursions in jeopardy. 

All of the rest save the Panama Canal are in US ports, so fingers-crossed that weather and seas cooperate. 

IMG_9037.jpeg

I would be shocked if we stopped in Nicaragua! They have cancelled most if not all planned stops there in the past few years.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

I would be shocked if we stopped in Nicaragua! They have cancelled most if not all planned stops there in the past few years.

I’d be perfectly fine with another sea day. 😎

3 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I’d be perfectly fine with another sea day. 😎

That's good but I find it interesting that they are still pretending they will port in Nicaragua.  When we sailed the Bliss Panama Canal a year or so ago I expected them to cancel it when we booked so I didn't care and wasn't "fooled" but many were disappointed when it was announced.  After final payment and for our convenience, of course.