Shore Excursion Credit Applied

6 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

That's good but I find it interesting that they are still pretending they will port in Nicaragua.  When we sailed the Bliss Panama Canal a year or so ago I expected them to cancel it when we booked so I didn't care and wasn't "fooled" but many were disappointed when it was announced.  After final payment and for our convenience, of course.

I think if I had booked: 1) an Iceland cruise, and after payment they changed it to a Baltic itinerary out of an ‘abundance of caution’; 2) or a Canada & New England that turned into Bermuda due to ‘weather’; 3) a Mexican Riviera which reversed course from a hurricane turned into a California Coastal; 4) or most any itinerary into something else, I’d be fine. If I had travelled to the ends of the earth and spend my life’s savings for something specific and it was cancelled or altered that’s a different story. But that’s life. I’m too old to get bent out of shape from a first-world problem. There’s a silver lining in there somewhere. Find it. 

😁

• Like 1

We had a great time anyway.  (I've never met a cruise I didn't like.)  Just remarking on the duplicity since it has been a long time since NCL has stopped in Nicaragua.  Just surprised, not suggesting my life was ruined or anything.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

If you buy an excursion on-line, the credit will be applied immediately.  If you buy while on the ship, the credit is not applied until after you take the excursion.    

One exception to the credit not applied until after you take the excursion is if you book onboard an excursion to the airport with a stop. It is not credited immediately, but it is credited before you take the excursion. Otherwise, it would not be credited until after you left the ship. That was our experience with an excursion to the airport in Reykjavik with a stop at the Perclan Museum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We don’t book shore excursions very often, but is the policy still the same, whereby if you book one through an agent on the phone, the cost is added to your onboard account so you can pay it with OBC.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gmbhardy said:

We don’t book shore excursions very often, but is the policy still the same, whereby if you book one through an agent on the phone, the cost is added to your onboard account so you can pay it with OBC.

If you book NCL Shore Excursion(s) pre-cruise, you must pay for it at the time of booking!

Just now, ggTexasGal said:

If you book NCL Shore Excursion(s) pre-cruise, you must pay for it at the time of booking!

That’s not the way ii was pre Covid. If you booked it online you had to pay for it immediately, but if you booked through a telephone agent it was added to your account. So things have changed then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

that is correct and been that way cruise since cruising restarted many years ago. i always pay for my excursions on the checkout page 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Another quick question if anyone knows the answer. I’ve been browsing shore excursions on the in NCL website, not signed in and not attached to my booking. Is the price I’m seeing for the shore excursions the cost prior to the $50 credit? 

These two for example: the first one from just browsing NCL shore excursions; the second screenshot when I am signed into my booking where the NCL credit has been applied: 

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_9185.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

7 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Another quick question

That seems really cheap for the Land's End excursion. I'm going to guess, since it says "from $45" that it's after the discount.

Regarding the Connell Lake, that is before the discount.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IAcruising said:

That seems really cheap for the Land's End excursion. I'm going to guess, since it says "from $45" that it's after the discount.

👍 I’ve already got a laundry list of shore excursions I want,  just waiting for them to show up in my sailing to book. 😁

1 minute ago, dmwnc1959 said:

👍 I’ve already got a laundry list of shore excursions I want,  just waiting for them to show up in my sailing to book. 😁

When are sailing, again? If fairly soon, I think you can assume the Land's End is sold out. It went quick on our trip.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

When are sailing, again? If fairly soon, I think you can assume the Land's End is sold out. It went quick on our trip.

April 2025. A few (23) excursions are already showing up and I’m just going book the the ones I want as they show up.

IMG_9188.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

1 hour ago, IAcruising said:

I think it’s that pesky word FROM meaning it will cost $45 or more. They can legally charge anything.

• Like 1