Cruise Planner is Now Showing Loyalty Savings

mahdnc

Posted (edited)

I cannot remember if this has been posted yet but I looked at my Cruise Planner today and for the first time I see that some of the prices are labelled with a Captains Club Loyalty Discount.  However it doesn't look like it is pushed out all the way and in some cases, it just looks like the normal pre-cruise savings just labeled differently.

image.png.fb14edac2b454cfea007402973aa4279.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I saw that a few days ago, but in our case it has the incorrect level 😞

and it isn't showing for dining on ours, only drinks.

Edited by jelayne

Just checked all our bookings and now the loyalty discount isn't showing for anything - drinks, dining or internet.  Must be still in a testing mode.

Nice to know they are apparently working on this.

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I saw that a few days ago, but in our case it has the incorrect level 😞

and it isn't showing for dining on ours, only drinks.

Irritating, but not surprising.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

Just checked all our bookings and now the loyalty discount isn't showing for anything - drinks, dining or internet.  Must be still in a testing mode.

Nice to know they are apparently working on this.

Maybe that is it--testing mode.

Clearly is a work in progress. 

I just was checking dining on a cruise next month.  In the Cruise Planner for each of the restaurants it show a 25% Zenith discount.  Move to make a reservation and in the Reservation Screen it reverts to a 10% discount.  

• Like 1

I am able to get my status discount on dining.  The only problem is that it is for Fine Cut at 12 noon when it is not open.  Go figure.

• Haha 2

In the last several days, I've seen the Elite discount on drink packages in my cruise planner sometimes, and other times I've seen the regular pre-sailing discount. The first time I tried buying the non-alcoholic beverage package that was shown with the Elite discount, my purchase didn't go through; the message I got was that the item wasn't available. The second time I tried the same purchase, the discount reverted to the usual 10% when I tried to check out.

I assume I'll be spending a long time waiting on the phone to buy the beverage package.

Well from the sounds of things it looks like it is still being rolled out.  Reminiscent of how the new Cruise Planner format was rolled out a few years ago.

23 hours ago, jelayne said:

Clearly is a work in progress. 

I just was checking dining on a cruise next month.  In the Cruise Planner for each of the restaurants it show a 25% Zenith discount.  Move to make a reservation and in the Reservation Screen it reverts to a 10% discount.  

I tried for our January Beyond cruise for Rooftop and it is showing the 25% discount. 

Screenshot (1926).png

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Thanks, just booked Rooftop for out TP for next month.

Thanks for the info - Just checked out Elite Plus for a hair appt - showed another 15% off but in the cart reverted back to the price I booked on 3/17 (St. Patty's sale). Will keep checking. I do believe we are on the same cruise - this is our first E class cruise. Looking forward!!

2 hours ago, JLMcruise said:

Thanks for the info - Just checked out Elite Plus for a hair appt - showed another 15% off but in the cart reverted back to the price I booked on 3/17 (St. Patty's sale). Will keep checking. I do believe we are on the same cruise - this is our first E class cruise. Looking forward!!

This B2B will be our 9th & 10 E class ships.  We love them.

I usually review our upcoming cruises daily.  I'm thinking the loyalty discount is a bit of a marketing ploy.  The day before the loyalty discount verbiage showed up, the same discount was advertised as a pre-cruise rate.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

I usually review our upcoming cruises daily.  I'm thinking the loyalty discount is a bit of a marketing ploy.  The day before the loyalty discount verbiage showed up, the same discount was advertised as a pre-cruise rate.  

I don’t think it’s a ploy.  There times discounts in the cruise planner that are the as some loyalty level discounts particularly during flash sale.  Sometimes flash sales have better discounts.  
We booked specialty dining last night and 1 reservation at Fine Cut was booked previously during flash sale at the same discount as our loyalty discount.  We booked 2 other reservations where the regular discount in the Planner was 8%, much lower than the loyalty discount.  

I’m glad to be able to book ahead with the discount and get the days and times we want. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I don’t think it’s a ploy.  There times discounts in the cruise planner that are the as some loyalty level discounts particularly during flash sale.  Sometimes flash sales have better discounts.  
We booked specialty dining last night and 1 reservation at Fine Cut was booked previously during flash sale at the same discount as our loyalty discount.  We booked 2 other reservations where the regular discount in the Planner was 8%, much lower than the loyalty discount.  

I’m glad to be able to book ahead with the discount and get the days and times we want. 

Some of my excursions quote 15%, others are 5% but both indicate "Elite + Loyalty Savings"?  Maybe pricing is not fully onboard with the provider?  Dining shows a 15% discount...I cancelled and rebooked;  the actual saving is minimal.  Seemed the Murano/Tuscan gratuity had increased?

Just checked cruise planner for our Sept Hawaii cruise.  One thing we want to do us upgrade to Premium wifi.  Below is what it shows.

We were on the Constellation a few weeks ago and waited to upgrade onboard.  There was a flyer in our room with a "special" to upgrade.  When we went to the desk to upgrade they gave us the Elite discount of 30% on top of the special.  We ended up paying $6/day US, which is about $8.50 CDN

The below is in CDN$ and does look like it is about the same as what we recently paid.  

image.png.61a89482e76fe767d2918fdee8a21e04.png

• Like 2