Enchanted vs. Emerald Balcony Bathrooms

For anyone who has been on both ships, is the shower any better/bigger on the Enchanter than it is on the Emerald? We sailed on the Emerald over Christmas/New Year's 22/23 and found the shower situation to be quite miserable for 15 days. Hoping that if we book a balcony on the Enchanted, the situation might have improved slightly on the newer ship?

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

For anyone who has been on both ships, is the shower any better/bigger on the Enchanter than it is on the Emerald? We sailed on the Emerald over Christmas/New Year's 22/23 and found the shower situation to be quite miserable for 15 days. Hoping that if we book a balcony on the Enchanted, the situation might have improved slightly on the newer ship?

Similar. On Enchanted, the shower is slightly larger, more of a rectangle shape and has a small shelf to put products, rest your leg to shave, etc - while Emerald does not. 

Sailed on both in the past 6 months and bathroom on Enchanted is slightly larger.  Vanity is slightly wider, as are the shelves.  Shower space is slightly larger and as mentioned previously has a shower "bench."  The actual shower is a shower wand rather than the stationary shower head on the Emerald.  Toilet and bathroom setup are the same.

I personally hate the showers in a mini suite.  It's at bathtub and the shower is confined to one corner and so will you.  Sometimes the water pressure isn't strong enough to project the water far enough into the tub to reach where you are standing so you have to squeeze yourself into the corner.

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

I personally hate the showers in a mini suite.  It's at bathtub and the shower is confined to one corner and so will you.  Sometimes the water pressure isn't strong enough to project the water far enough into the tub to reach where you are standing so you have to squeeze yourself into the corner.

I have a tub-shower combination at home so I don't expect it to be very different. Maybe that is naive?

8 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have a tub-shower combination at home so I don't expect it to be very different. Maybe that is naive?

It really varies on the water pressure in your cabin bathroom.  If water pressure is low, the water will not even make it a foot past the shower head.  You'll have to shower holding the wand.

We will be on the Emerald in June and I heard putting clips on the bottom of the shower curtain helps it from clinging to you. Is that correct information? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I guess I've been lucky because that's not an issue that I've ever had that issue and one of the reasons I book the mini suite is the larger bathroom and shower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I guess I've been lucky because that's not an issue that I've ever had that issue and one of the reasons I book the mini suite is the larger bathroom and shower.

Same here, we have not had an issue with the tub/shower combo.  We love the larger bathroom space and the tub/shower!

I think another difference is that the Emerald has a fixed shower head while Enchanted has one that's moveable.  Unless I'm mixing up the Royal class ships???

You can always request for a hand held shower head on the accessibility request area on your app.

1 hour ago, Redwing55 said:

I think another difference is that the Emerald has a fixed shower head while Enchanted has one that's moveable.  Unless I'm mixing up the Royal class ships???

Use large binder clips.  That will weight the curtain down.  It works for me, not so much for my sister who still got water all over the bathroom floor.

On 4/1/2024 at 12:04 PM, tulok said:

We will be on the Emerald in June and I heard putting clips on the bottom of the shower curtain helps it from clinging to you. Is that correct information? 

• Thanks 1