Summit Issues

kenb

36 minutes ago, VermontsFinest said:

On Summit now, April 12. We just lost power in Key West. Unable to disembark currently. 

Ugh! I hope this is a fluke thing. We head for Miami to board Summit on Monday. The last thing we need is a canceled cruise 😩

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Ugh! I hope this is a fluke thing. We head for Miami to board Summit on Monday. The last thing we need is a canceled cruise 😩

I know. We were on the apex cruise that was supposed to go to israel and Egypt and you know what happened there. I’m packing now but hope we don’t have to unpack before getting on a cruise again. Getting very concerned 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

I am scheduled to be on the Summit May 17th in Alaska.  I hope what ever this is gets resolved quickly and permanently.

On 4/5/2024 at 6:20 AM, Cruisingirl2012 said:

We will be sailing on the Summit in Nov 2025, hopefully some of these issues will be resolved by then. 🙏

We're on the 'special' with you....not so sure when I booked re the condition of Summit, and more concerned now with the sailing 18 mos. away.

My concern is this appears to be more than just a one time event, it's been reported now that the power failure has happened on at least one other sailing.  I feel for all that have upcoming cruises on the Summit, we experienced a generator issue that impacted the propulsion on our 1st Alaskan cruise on Princess 2 years ago, the issue remained the whole Alaska season until dry dock.  We were notified 1 week prior. Severely impacted the experience as we had multiple itinerary changes and missed ports, it was disappointing overall.  So this appears a smaller scale but still causes headaches as you don't want to deal with this pre-cruise and with the unknown of any potential impact.  

We are looking forward to our second Alaska cruise in August which we are calling our Alaska re-do to experience all we missed on our first one.........it is on the Summit! 😥😬

On 4/5/2024 at 1:59 AM, toosweet said:

We are also on this cruise. Only reason we selected this cruise was to go to Bimini. We are on the back of the ship and watched it back up to go into the slip. All lined up and than engine off. We slid to the right. About an hour later it was announced we have a day at sea. 

Three times power went out. No AC, started to get really warm, people stuck in elevators. Glass elevator was full of wide eyed people. No AC and had to be extracted between floors. Water off. Public restrooms smelled like ports potties as you walked pass, no wifi to even look up what’s going on. Given zero explanation. When water turned in it came out black. Toilets had no water and bleach smelled filled the room. I had to wash hands with bottle water. I have Aqua class room. Parisian Garden had only cold rooms two night. Tonight was formal night. With no water. No showers- some of the dinning neighbors were caught in the middle soap covered. At dinner the captain announced the problem with plumbing on the 7th floor. Had to turn off for repairs. They could have given warning to everyone to avoid problems. When he said the power loss and water issues yesterday and today were not related. Everyone in the Blu restaurant broke out in laughter. Lots of smart people on board Captain- we’re not buying it. 

I don’t feel safe. Don’t feel safe to drink the water. To shower, or to breath in Steam from the spa. 

Power going out caused the barge to float into the bridge last week. Was that the reason we didn’t dock at Bimini? 

The ship is showing it’s age in more ways than these fails. The room I’m in bathroom door didn’t lock, deck chair peeling paint and sticking to my skin, rubber feet look like sand piles and tracking all over, spa towels are shredding with threads hanging off. Blu chair backs are peeling the fake leather. Chairs in cosmopolitan have cords coming off the backs. Flag over out deck is freyed, staff are all great and other than issues stated it’s clean. Seems they are stretching a penny too far and failing at general maintenance. Been on this ship before about 10 years ago. No like it was. I’m looking forward to getting off on Saturday morning to get home. Never felt that before on a cruise.  

Were sailing in a few weeks. I was looking forward to it. We were on Summit about ten years ago. Now I'm a little nervous about the condition of the ship. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, moodyblueyes said:

Were sailing in a few weeks. I was looking forward to it. We were on Summit about ten years ago. Now I'm a little nervous about the condition of the ship. 

Don't be nervous. I was on the notorious sailing. Yes, some people had issues in the elevators and water issues. We went with the flow and a majority of the cruise was great. We are booked on the 4/25 & 3/26 Summit cruises. These will be our 4th & 5th cruise in a row.

Edited by kenb
  • Like 2

We just got off the Summit April 11…..after the issues the week before( same issues)…the seniors officers seem extremely pre occupied on our encounters with them…we had a feeling something just was not right…the service was sub par for Celebrity….The crew was a little off….To our BTB friends…..we are thinking about you….

I hope this works out.  I know there is a lot of love for this ship and the design.  But, it's 23 years old based on an older design.  Does Celebrity charge less per day/room for an equivalent sized room as it would for the other classes or ships?

On 4/12/2024 at 7:46 AM, VermontsFinest said:

On Summit now, April 12. We just lost power in Key West. Unable to disembark currently. 

wow.  There's something that needs to be fixed. NOW. We were on her a week ago.  That was our last Celebrity cruise.

3 hours ago, moodyblueyes said:

We are sailing with you. Fingers crossed Summit makes it through the Panama Canal!

7 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

We are sailing with you. Fingers crossed Summit makes it through the Panama Canal!

I hope so or I’ll be there pushing her through the locks 

• Haha 3

Just off the Summit this morning.  We had a wonderful cruise with the exception of the blackout.  Luckily ours was brief. The service was excellent; everyone so friendly.  They all work so hard.  Always cleaning and touching up.  I thought the ship looked very well-maintained except for the Sunset Bar furniture and cushions.  They were very sorry looking.  We were in Blu and the Maitre d and servers were fantastic.  The sommelier service was also very good though on 2 nights, it seemed she had the whole restaurant to service.  She was working very hard.  This was my best experience in Blu by far in years.  The food was delicious!  We were a party of 6 and everyone was very happy with their meals. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2