Summit Issues

kenb

We are on the Summit right now and experiencing multiple issues. After being turned away from Bimini we are headed to Nassau. The port pilot and captain agreed it was not safe to dock. 
We were going very slowly to Nassau because they decided that we would have 2 sea days to Nassau. On Wednesday afternoon we lost electrical power several times. One time lasted over an hour. The ship was just floating. People were stuck in elevators and had to be rescued. Several floors have been without water,air conditioning or internet. 
During the night several hallways and staterooms flooded from the ceiling. 
This has continued into Thursday but at least we have power and at this point are scheduled to dock in Nassau on Friday. 
It appears the issues have not affected propulsion but are affecting many other systems on the ship. 
So far the captain has not been good in giving information. Needless to say many people are upset and customer service is not handling it very well.

For myself we have lost water and will deal with it as this is our 3rd yearly cruise on the Summit and we are not going to let this completely ruin our cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Wow that sounds awful!  So sorry you have to go through this and unfortunate that the communication has been lacking.  If the Captain is super busy trying to take care of everything one of his officers could be charged with conveying info.  Fingers crossed for you and everyone onboard that things are on the upswing now.

• Like 2

We went around in circles to eat up some time. I feels like we are barely moving towards Nassau.

9 minutes ago, kenb said:

We went around in circles to eat up some time. I feels like we are barely moving towards Nassau.

If you don’t have a schedule slot at the dock until your original scheduled arrival then no reason to rush to get to there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you don’t have a schedule slot at the dock until your original scheduled arrival then no reason to rush to get to there.

Not to mention that the ship is far better than Nassau under any circumstances 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Anyone have any experience on how this sort of thing could play out for the Summit’s next voyage? We are supposed to be boarding her in Miami on Saturday and presently aren’t feeling very good about our trip going as planned.

12 minutes ago, JKJG3 said:

Anyone have any experience on how this sort of thing could play out for the Summit’s next voyage? We are supposed to be boarding her in Miami on Saturday and presently aren’t feeling very good about our trip going as planned.

I tend to look at each cruise independent from another.  What happened on one cruise is not guaranteed to happen on the next...this goes for both the good and the bad.  I think your cruise will be exactly what you make it!  Enjoy.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I tend to look at each cruise independent from another.  What happened on one cruise is not guaranteed to happen on the next...this goes for both the good and the bad.  I think your cruise will be exactly what you make it!  Enjoy.

Thanks! And I don’t disagree—mostly just hoping it’s nothing that has knock on effects for getting her turned around and back out there.

Just now, JKJG3 said:

Thanks! And I don’t disagree—mostly just hoping it’s nothing that has knock on effects for getting her turned around and back out there.

I hear ya!  Since you're on deck, you'll have to keep us posted on how she holds up for you!  Fingers crossed for smooth sailing 😊.

1 hour ago, kenb said:

We are on the Summit right now and experiencing multiple issues. After being turned away from Bimini we are headed to Nassau. The port pilot and captain agreed it was not safe to dock. 
We were going very slowly to Nassau because they decided that we would have 2 sea days to Nassau. On Wednesday afternoon we lost electrical power several times. One time lasted over an hour. The ship was just floating. People were stuck in elevators and had to be rescued. Several floors have been without water,air conditioning or internet. 
This has continued into Thursday but at least we have power and at this point are scheduled to dock in Nassau on Friday. 
It appears the issues have not affected propulsion but are affecting many other systems on the ship. 
So far the captain has not been good in giving information. Needless to say many people are upset and customer service is not handling it very well.

For myself we have lost water and will deal with it as this is our 3rd yearly cruise on the Summit and we are not going to let this completely ruin our cruise.

I’m so sorry about what you and many others are going through. You have a great attitude and I know you will make the best of it. I’m sure Celebrity will make it up to you in some way. 
who is your captain?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oville said:

It’s all caused by weather.

were they in a big storm?

I imagine that a  cruise without  power, propulsion,  A/C , water and internet seems awful!   Hope food has not spoiled.  

Prayers for  a safe journey for all onboard.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

But they already do that.........

Sure, but I would be more motivated to eat more Ice Cream if I knew it would go to waste..............

• Like 1

We’re on summit as well. If this was my 1st cruise, I’d be off cruising forever. It’s our 21st. First skipped port, first power outage, first water problems. Captain has been mum about any communication. Highly disappointed in him. He is the voice of the ship & he gets a ‘no confidence’ from me. He should retrain with Captain Kirk of the Silhouette. He is an amazing Captain. Fully competent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wintrystew said:

I’m so sorry about what you and many others are going through. You have a great attitude and I know you will make the best of it. I’m sure Celebrity will make it up to you in some way. 
who is your captain?

Celebrity will and is doing nothing so far to compensate. The Summit will just get nasty reviews. Good luck future cruisers on this ship.  Wouldn’t trust it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oville said:

It’s all caused by weather.

No it was not. An electrical breaker blew in the kitchen.

7 hours ago, kenb said:

4 hours ago, oatbagg1 said:

We’re on summit as well. If this was my 1st cruise, I’d be off cruising forever. It’s our 21st. First skipped port, first power outage, first water problems. Captain has been mum about any communication. Highly disappointed in him. He is the voice of the ship & he gets a ‘no confidence’ from me. He should retrain with Captain Kirk of the Silhouette. He is an amazing Captain. Fully competent. 

I'm sorry to hear this is happening on the Summit. I've been on her five times through the years - including a charter cruise that ended two weeks ago. The ship didn't show any of the listed issues. I can't imagine our little trip to Aruba and back causing your problems, but if it did, then I'm sorry. 🙁

Thanks for reporting and I hope things get better soon. 🙏

We are also on this cruise. Only reason we selected this cruise was to go to Bimini. We are on the back of the ship and watched it back up to go into the slip. All lined up and than engine off. We slid to the right. About an hour later it was announced we have a day at sea. 

Three times power went out. No AC, started to get really warm, people stuck in elevators. Glass elevator was full of wide eyed people. No AC and had to be extracted between floors. Water off. Public restrooms smelled like ports potties as you walked pass, no wifi to even look up what’s going on. Given zero explanation. When water turned in it came out black. Toilets had no water and bleach smelled filled the room. I had to wash hands with bottle water. I have Aqua class room. Parisian Garden had only cold rooms two night. Tonight was formal night. With no water. No showers- some of the dinning neighbors were caught in the middle soap covered. At dinner the captain announced the problem with plumbing on the 7th floor. Had to turn off for repairs. They could have given warning to everyone to avoid problems. When he said the power loss and water issues yesterday and today were not related. Everyone in the Blu restaurant broke out in laughter. Lots of smart people on board Captain- we’re not buying it. 

I don’t feel safe. Don’t feel safe to drink the water. To shower, or to breath in Steam from the spa. 

Power going out caused the barge to float into the bridge last week. Was that the reason we didn’t dock at Bimini? 

The ship is showing it’s age in more ways than these fails. The room I’m in bathroom door didn’t lock, deck chair peeling paint and sticking to my skin, rubber feet look like sand piles and tracking all over, spa towels are shredding with threads hanging off. Blu chair backs are peeling the fake leather. Chairs in cosmopolitan have cords coming off the backs. Flag over out deck is freyed, staff are all great and other than issues stated it’s clean. Seems they are stretching a penny too far and failing at general maintenance. Been on this ship before about 10 years ago. No like it was. I’m looking forward to getting off on Saturday morning to get home. Never felt that before on a cruise.  

• Thanks 5

I got off the Summit on Monday, which would have been the last sailing before this. No signs of anything wrong at all. 
Hope this all gets sorted out soon. Sorry about the bad experience 😕

• Like 5