P&O vs Fred

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been on the big TA site to look at cruises. It came up with cruises from Newcastle so of course I had a look. Looking at a photo of an inside cabin in Balmoral, they don't seen to have much room and the bed fills it with only a tiny bit space around. It looks like you will have to shuffle sideways along the bottom of the bed.

For a 6 night cruise the prices start from £873. An outside £1027. A balcony £2037. A suite is £1746. These are reduced prices, but even at full price the suite is showing cheaper than a balcony.

On 4/23/2024 at 5:15 PM, zap99 said:

We never bother with duty free booze. Its, at times as cheap in the supermarket.

Well we got 4 x 1 litre bottles for £50, that's £12.50 each.  Can't get that here.  The only place I've found cheaper is Gib.

36 minutes ago, emam said:

I have just been on the big TA site to look at cruises. It came up with cruises from Newcastle so of course I had a look. Looking at a photo of an inside cabin in Balmoral, they don't seen to have much room and the bed fills it with only a tiny bit space around. It looks like you will have to shuffle sideways along the bottom of the bed.

For a 6 night cruise the prices start from £873. An outside £1027. A balcony £2037. A suite is £1746. These are reduced prices, but even at full price the suite is showing cheaper than a balcony.

Must admit, much preferred Bolette to Balmoral.

• Like 1

Balmoral is about 10 years older than the twins and two thirds of the tonnage but with a similar number of passengers and 50% more single cabins. My 'superior' inside is 160 square feet which is ok as I will only be sleeping in it.

• Like 2

well after years of procrastinating we have booked for the Balmoral later this year and as we like to try other lines we will go with an open mind, the sailing from Newcastle was the thing that tipped it for us

• Like 1