do prices go down closer to a cruise date?

jjjct

We just cruised on the MSC Seashore for the first time this spring out of Port Canaveral 7 day to Mexico and their island in YC. Want to book another out of Brooklyn in late August to Burmuda. Want to do YC again, there are a lot of cabins still available 4 months out. The price is about $1000 more from our last cruise for a 7 nights. Will prices go down? Any suggestions will be so helpful, I got an email to give me $100 off to book by tomorrow, just not sure if I should wait to book?

3 hours ago, jjjct said:

Will prices go down? Any suggestions will be so helpful, I got an email to give me $100 off to book by tomorrow, just not sure if I should wait to book?

The algorithm decides, no humans involved. My experience, prices for August (with is the super hot season for MSC) never go down. 

12 hours ago, jjjct said:

We just cruised on the MSC Seashore for the first time this spring out of Port Canaveral 7 day to Mexico and their island in YC. Want to book another out of Brooklyn in late August to Burmuda. Want to do YC again, there are a lot of cabins still available 4 months out. The price is about $1000 more from our last cruise for a 7 nights. Will prices go down? Any suggestions will be so helpful, I got an email to give me $100 off to book by tomorrow, just not sure if I should wait to book?

Finding the same as you - just cruised yacht club Seashore and want to book yacht club Seascape in November and prices are $1,000 more than what I had paid - might pull the plug though - would be annoyed if they went up - btw how did you get the $100 off email?

46 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Finding the same as you - just cruised yacht club Seashore and want to book yacht club Seascape in November and prices are $1,000 more than what I had paid - might pull the plug though - would be annoyed if they went up - btw how did you get the $100 off email?

MSC sent me an email on 4/8 with "an exclusive e-coupon" to be used by 4/12. I am probably going to book. There are so many deluxe balcony YC cabins available 4 months out. But from the responses I got here, doesn't sound like prices will go down. 

Thought about booking an inside YC and upgrading when and if an upgrade offer came in, but they look substantially smaller and with a 6'1" husband, think we would get in each others way. 

2 hours ago, jjjct said:

MSC sent me an email on 4/8 with "an exclusive e-coupon" to be used by 4/12. I am probably going to book. There are so many deluxe balcony YC cabins available 4 months out. But from the responses I got here, doesn't sound like prices will go down. 

Thought about booking an inside YC and upgrading when and if an upgrade offer came in, but they look substantially smaller and with a 6'1" husband, think we would get in each others way. 

We were in an Interior on Seashore (March 31 cruise) and actually very pleasantly surprised at size and storage. Did get upgraded offers but never did it. Only three Interiors left on Seascape in November so decided to book, husband’s bday cruise, decided he was worth it - ha. Oh yes, husband is 6’ and space on Seashore worked ok for us, but everyone is different. I am relying on the fact that Seashore and Seascape have similar size Interiors. Perhaps on the Meraviglia if that is what is going out of NY the Interiors might be a different size. BTW we love the Mera but never cruised Yacht Club on her. 

On 4/10/2024 at 8:40 PM, jjjct said:

Doubtful as bidding is not implemented especially for YC.

37 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We had a Yacht Club Interior booked and several times received an email offering to bid for an upgrade to various balcony types. 

On 4/15/2024 at 12:02 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

On 4/15/2024 at 12:42 AM, cellfree said:

We had a Yacht Club Interior booked and several times received an email offering to bid for an upgrade to various balcony types. 

I have two YIN bookings and have also been receiving emails offering upgrades.

5 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I have two YIN bookings and have also been receiving emails offering upgrades.

For us, never felt the upgrade offer was worthwhile, we were Interior on Seashore and pleasantly surprised at amount of storage and even spaciousness. So much so booked an Interior on Seascape for husbands birthday cruise. 

for suites across cruise lines i can say prices only go up the closer to sailing. one extreme example is i booked the best suite on a royal ship for 1900 PP for 6 nites 18 months out. closer to the cruise the lower suites were going over 3K . so book early is a rule!

• Like 1