Ok - so - how many guests in the Haven generally?

On your average overbooked 2024 cruise - how many folks will be competing for those 8 bar stools in the Haven bar?

Put a more generalized way - how many guests are generally in the Haven on any particular cruise - [-I know I know, it differs from cruise to cruise, YMMV, may have more or fewer kids etc etc etc]  

Depends on ship

Depends on sailing
Some NCL ships dont have a Haven complex while other ones have small Haven complexes and others very large 3 deck Haven complexes.

The Haven bar is never crowded of all the ships I have sailed.  Always got a seat.  On the newer ships people claim the Haven bar area is a ghost town and they have the most suites and most Haven passengers.

22 minutes ago, erisajd said:

On your average overbooked 2024 cruise - how many folks will be competing for those 8 bar stools in the Haven bar?

Put a more generalized way - how many guests are generally in the Haven on any particular cruise - [-I know I know, it differs from cruise to cruise, YMMV, may have more or fewer kids etc etc etc]  

I haven't bothered to check every time I have cruised, but every time I have checked the Haven was fully booked, even on cruises just after the COVID shutdown when many ships were sailing at half their overall capacity.  I've only sailed in the Haven a few times, so I can't really say how many of the bar stools were occupied at any given time.

Every cruise is different. It depends on how many drinkers you have in the Haven. Most of my cruises the Haven bar was quiet but ever since they introduced the unlimited drinking package, I find it to be packed. The Joy Haven bar was packed so my husband and I went down to the Wine Bar to get our wine. 

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

Are you booked in the Haven? DH & I are sailing on the Prima in the Haven at the end of the month. I will report back later...

57 minutes ago, jackieodonnell said:

Every cruise is different. It depends on how many drinkers you have in the Haven. Most of my cruises the Haven bar was quiet but ever since they introduced the unlimited drinking package, I find it to be packed. The Joy Haven bar was packed so my husband and I went down to the Wine Bar to get our wine. 

Funny - I thought I acknowledged that fact!  Its a GENERAL question - how many people are booked in the Haven - seems like a simple question with a simple answer.  200 / 300 / 400?  

I appreciate your feedback =-

39 minutes ago, krazy4kruisin said:

Are you booked in the Haven? DH & I are sailing on the Prima in the Haven at the end of the month. I will report back later...

yes - thats why I am asking - I KNOW there are 4 person cabins - which bumps the number -

59 minutes ago, zqvol said:

105% to 108% of capacity 

And what is capacity?  Looks - thats ALL I'm lookiong for - NUMBER of people - not percentages or conclusions as to a particular cruise/  

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, erisajd said:

And what is capacity?  Looks - thats ALL I'm lookiong for - NUMBER of people - not percentages or conclusions as to a particular cruise/  

For example, 100 Haven staterooms at 100% capacity would be 200 people. Those same 100 staterooms at 108% capacity would be 216 people. 

I don't know what the actual average percentage is but if you know the number of Haven staterooms on your ship, multiply that by at least 2 to get a base number. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, erisajd said:

That is all dependent on the ship.  Every ship capacity is different so without a specific ship, the answers you got were right on the spot, for your general question.  

CoachYO

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Bliss has 80 Haven suites so at 100% capacity, it would be 160 people. 

More than likely, it will be more people than that. 

So that must be why the Joy's Haven seems so crowded at times.  I think it has 120 plus or minus Haven staterooms.  😮

Posted (edited)

The Haven is selling out on almost every cruise nowadays.  So the Bliss will more than likely have 160-180 people during a week where schools are not off or longer cruises like a repositioning one.  A week during the summer or a break from schools like winter, Easter, etc breaks expect to have 200 plus or more every week

Edited by skeeter195

2 hours ago, jackieodonnell said:

We also found the Joy's Haven bar to be slammed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Bliss has 80 Haven suites so at 100% capacity, it would be 160 people. 

More than likely, it will be more people than that. 

Thank you!  So if they're full with an extra few persons in the owners and others larger suites - figure 225% or 180 people . . . or 4% of the average Bliss sailing.  Whew.  I can deal with 180 people - thats a 767 or 777 to Europe in the boarding area!  maybe 40 more than a full Airbus 

Edited by erisajd

We were on the Bliss in the Haven last May. Sometimes the bar was crowded, sometimes not. But if we set up somewhere outside the lounge area, our favorite bar waiter Mario always found us. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, erisajd said:

80 room * 3 average (1-6 in a room) = 240 passengers

2 hours ago, skeeter195 said:

The Haven is selling out on almost every cruise nowadays.  

NCL has historically worked to sell out Suite and Haven rooms on every ship, every week. Now, it is done by automated upgrade system. Once upon a time, it was the "upsell desk" that you called (or they sent out emails) to get people to upgrade to the Haven and fill every suite, every week. 

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL has historically worked to sell out Suite and Haven rooms on every ship, every week. Now, it is done by automated upgrade system. Once upon a time, it was the "upsell desk" that you called (or they sent out emails) to get people to upgrade to the Haven and fill every suite, every week. 

I have been on many ships in the past when the Haven and suites were not full.  Do you remember when they would fill them by raffle sometimes the first day?  In 2015 I called the upsell desk because there were many suites and Haven available a few days before the cruise.  On the Gem we were booked in an aft penthouse, I offered $1000 for an upgrade to the 3 bdrm garden villa, they said that I could have it for $1500, I declined.  Stupidest move I ever made.  We had a group of 28 with us and they were all near the aft.  We could have had the entire group in the suite for sailaway, drinks, parties, etc.