Best way to book back to back cruises?

I have done 19 cruises so far but never done a back to back.  Would I have to book the two cruises separately or would I get a discounted price overall if I ring RC to make it a single booking but both cruises?  Any advice on this by those who have done them would be much appreciated!! It just that I got my eye on 2 different cruises from same port but together makes a back to back.

9 minutes ago, Raddo said:

Would I have to book the two cruises separately or would I get a discounted price overall if I ring RC to make it a single booking but both cruises?

No discount. There's no special trick to booking a B2B. It's the same as booking 2 separate cruises. If you want to stay in the same cabin for both halves, you have to look for that (or have your TA do it if you use one).

You need to book fairly early or you’ll need to move to different cabins.  While this is not a deal breaker, it’s a hassle and time consuming to pack and unpack again. Booking early when fares first come out increases your chances of getting the same cabin. We do a lot of them and it’s definitely more enjoyable when you don’t move cabins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raddo said:

I have done 19 cruises so far but never done a back to back.  Would I have to book the two cruises separately or would I get a discounted price overall if I ring RC to make it a single booking but both cruises?  Any advice on this by those who have done them would be much appreciated!! It just that I got my eye on 2 different cruises from same port but together makes a back to back.

There is no such thing as one booking for B2B cruises.  They are 2 totally separate reservations.  Unlike other lines including Celebrity Royal does not offer any kind of discount.

49 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is no such thing as one booking for B2B cruises.  They are 2 totally separate reservations.  Unlike other lines including Celebrity Royal does not offer any kind of discount.

They don't do it on Viking either.   And in fact I booked two separate cruises, one day apart, different ships (and had to pay for my overnight hotel in Sydney)....but Viking decided to add the two together as a Grand Tour.   Must be good for them...but did not do me any favors.  😮 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Agree....booking a B2B is no different than booking a single cruise, of which I do myself. 

Have done B2B and more several times.   Like others, I just be sure to pair up the same cabins, as to avoid a move.  I love being already unpacked on TAD.  🙂  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Raddo said:

We only do B2B or longer cruises, and always book on board as soon as the itineraries are released (we currently have cruises booked through April 2026). There are three positives to this approach (one of which has already been mentioned):

1) We can always get the same cabin regardless of how many legs we book (it helps if you do a search of available cabins on all the legs and have that list in hand when you decide to book);

2) Prices are generally at their lowest point when cruises are first released;

3) We get OBC by booking on board.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raddo said:

You will get a letter towards the end of the first cruise explaining the process and requirements of border force ,dinging off and new seapass card etc . They are two separate cruises so account has to be finalised and obc  , internet etc do not carry over . Check to see if there is a b2b lunch in restaurant , have been offered the Key lunchen sometimes 😀.

I always book my own cruises including B2Bs. As others have stated, having the same cabin for both cruises is the way to go. You can easily do this on RCI’s website. Once you find a cabin you like that is available on both cruises, start booking the first cruise but put a hold on it. Next, go book the second cruise, assuming the cabin you want is still available. Then go back to the cruise with a hold on it and complete the booking for that cruise. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 11:28 AM, orville99 said:

1) We can always get the same cabin regardless of how many legs we book (it helps if you do a search of available cabins on all the legs and have that list in hand when you decide to book)

Yes, this. When booking my B2B, we kept multiple tabs open to make sure the rooms we wanted were available both weeks and that the room next door was available too, so that we could get the connecting rooms and have everyone next to each other....and not have to move luggage between the sailings. Definitely worth it

Edited by CanobieFan
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback.  I was planning to do a B2B for Queensland and South Pacific from Brisbane in March 2026 but in the end, I found a much cheaper cruise! I'm now doing a 7 nights Japan cruise sailing from Shanghai on Spectrum for same month and managed to secure a solo balcony cabin.

• Like 1