What New Shows Are There on These 3 ships

Just now, CarolRoy said:

Do you know what broadway shows will be on Oct. Nov. and Dec. of 2024.

The app, set to the current sailing, will list the shows - they should be the same at the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

I would like to know before I book either of these ships.

As mentioned, the shows listed in the app now are the ones that are very likely will be on in Dec. For context, shows typically don't change but maybe every ten years during a dry dock typically - none of that will happen between now and Dec.

Posted (edited)

As of October '23:

Symphony - Hairspray

Liberty - Saturday Night Fever

Not sure of a true Broadway show on Odyssey as it has Two70.

Most Broadways shows are on board for about 5 years and changes coincide with drydocking schedules due to the set complexity, etc.  Don't know when the last show changes occurred with Symphony or Liberty, so they may or may not still be there with your sailing as that will be a year out from this information.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Anthem has the 270 and also We Will Rock You.  Have been on the Anthem 3 times and saw We Will Rock You then.

4 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

Anthem has the 270 and also We Will Rock You.  Have been on the Anthem 3 times and saw We Will Rock You then.

Odyssey doesn’t have a Broadway show. They have “The Book” in 270

3 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

There is no Broadway musical on Odyssey. Just in-house Royal production shows.

@leaveitallbehind has already answered for Symphony & Liberty.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, CarolRoy said:

I am not aware of any BW musical on Odyssey.

I understand you want to know before you book the ships and I am providing the most current information I could find on Symphony and Liberty.  I am also not aware of RCCL published show information that says from "when to when" with their ships' Broadway shows.  Only what is playing now.  And as mentioned they could change by your sailing.

I hope you find your answers since what I provided doesn't seem to help.  Did you try calling RCCL?  BTW lot of this information might be available through google - have you tried searching yourself?

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

As of October '23:

Symphony - Hairspray

Liberty - Saturday Night Fever

Not sure of a true Broadway show on Odyssey as it has Two70.

Most Broadways shows are on board for about 5 years and changes coincide with drydocking schedules due to the set complexity, etc.  Don't know when the last show changes occurred with Symphony or Liberty, so they may or may not still be there with your sailing as that will be a year out from this information.

They will still be there.

The version of Hairspray is clearly specific for the Symphony.  And SNF has been on Liberty for way over a decade- we first saw it on Liberty back in 2012, and then saw it again last December ('23).  

IMHO, the 5 year thing was more about the type of license they got- and once that was solidified, the Broadway shows have not changed.  Grease is still on Harmony, how long has Cats been on Oasis?  2014?  WWRY has been on Anthem since she put to sea.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

They will still be there.

The version of Hairspray is clearly specific for the Symphony.  And SNF has been on Liberty for way over a decade- we first saw it on Liberty back in 2012, and then saw it again last December ('23).  

IMHO, the 5 year thing was more about the type of license they got- and once that was solidified, the Broadway shows have not changed.  Grease is still on Harmony, how long has Cats been on Oasis?  2014?  WWRY has been on Anthem since she put to sea.  

Agree.  My comment was not so much that the shows would be changed every five years but that would be when they could be changed if so planned.  And that came from a cruise director a number of years ago.

Hopefully the OP will see your comments and feel more comfortable with their booking.

7 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Others in this thread have already answered your original question. I have been on Symphony and Liberty within the last few months and enjoyed both shows. Of course later this year the casts will likely be completely different, which can have a big impact on the show quality. If the ship matters to you, in my opinion there is no comparison between Symphony and Liberty. Symphony is my favorite Oasis class ship while Liberty is my least favorite Freedom class ship since she was never amped. 

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Odyssey has “The Effectors” as the main show in the Royal Theater. It’s not Broadway but it is excellent, though a tad short (45 minutes).

1 hour ago, GimmeOcean said:

Odyssey has “The Effectors” as the main show in the Royal Theater. It’s not Broadway but it is excellent, though a tad short (45 minutes).

I realize there is a lot of subjectivity when it comes to shows, but every version of Effectors I have seen has been really corny and not very good in my book, but not as bad as Voices on Wonder. 

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I realize there is a lot of subjectivity when it comes to shows, but every version of Effectors I have seen has been really corny and not very good in my book, but not as bad as Voices on Wonder. 

“Corny” is an excellent adjective; but yes entertainment is every bit as subjective as food. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Well, most Broadway-style musical productions are a bit on the corny side.

Thought the technical aspects of Effectors was excellent. Music & choreography too. Story such as it was a bit thin, and as I said it was a little on the short side, but I really enjoyed it. More so than “We Will Rock You” which I don’t think I’d bother to see twice.

Edited by GimmeOcean

15 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And I sure would not book a ship specifically to see that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I sure would not book a ship specifically to see that.

You and I are cut from the same cloth, however, my wife, a liberal arts and dance major from way back, thought it was one of the best things she has ever seen.

We went and saw it twice in one week

Edited by not-enough-cruising

Posted (edited)

Here's another live review from a CC'er on Liberty of the Seas, if you want to ask that question; oh, and another one from Odyssey!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3004462-live-review-solo-liberty-of-the-seas-5-day-april-22-2024/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3004394-live-from-odyssey-of-the-seas-transatlantic-april-21-2024-thru-may-5-2024/

Enjoy!

Edited by SilkySal
add

Saw on the show schedule what appears to be LASER TAG...  does that require advance reservations ...  we sail May 16 but it is not listed that I can see to reserve it...  does it open up once onboard?  or just show up..