Possible Celebrity Newbie - Captain's Club Status Question

Posted (edited)

Hi all. I'm an experienced cruiser who has only been on Carnival (a couple times) and Royal Caribbean (several times). I see that my RC Platinum status will be honored as Captain's Club Select status. One of the Select perks says "One pre-cruise category upgrade up to AquaClass® (based on availiability at time of booking)." What exactly does that mean?

Edited by metsfan1968
misspelling

You could book a C1 and pay for a C2 (Concierge), or a higher lever veranda and pay at the rate just below what you booked. It does not apply to Aqua Class or Suites. You have to request it at the time of booking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metsfan1968 said:

Thank you. I'm guessing that means you need to speak with someone to book it and make the request?

Yes, and I think the category you’re paying for has to be available so they can get the pricing right.

If there are two categories of Aqua class or Concierge, the upgrade would go from the less expensive to the more, within that category.

It’s not much money but what the heck … money is money!

It does apply to aqua class but not suites.   Here is a chart use the bottom blue chart.  If the category you want to book isn't listed it's not part of the program.

CCOneCatUpgrade.jpg.a263225cb39387910896cb75cd9bd4fa.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

You could book a C1 and pay for a C2 (Concierge), or a higher lever veranda and pay at the rate just below what you booked. It does not apply to Aqua Class or Suites. You have to request it at the time of booking.

It does apply to Aqua per the chart A2 —-> A1

Edited by cruisestitch

Somewhat related question.  I have never taken a Celebrity cruise.  If I book a Celebrity cruise does my RC ststus mstch start on the first cruise or the second cruise.

At one time you weren't considered psrt of thrir loyalty program until you took your first cruise.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, gatour said:

If I book a Celebrity cruise does my RC ststus mstch start on the first cruise or the second cruise.

you can call them in advance of your cruise and get the match. We did that for me and my husband before our very first X cruise earlier this month. So, on our very first Celebrity cruise we were already Select.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you can call them in advance of your cruise and get the match. We did that for me and my husband before our very first X cruise earlier this month. So, on our very first Celebrity cruise we were already Select.

Thanks,  haven't quite that far.  Still need to run this by the wife as Celebrity will be new to us.  I am pretty easy going, get me on a ship that is running an itinerary I am interested in and I am happy, my wife on the other hand....    😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gatour said:

Somewhat related question.  I have never taken a Celebrity cruise.  If I book a Celebrity cruise does my RC ststus mstch start on the first cruise or the second cruise.

At one time you weren't considered psrt of thrir loyalty program until you took your first cruise.

Your first.

You aren't 'part of their loyalty programme" you are getting a "status match" so you have in effect  already done the cruise.

22 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It does apply to aqua class but not suites.   Here is a chart use the bottom blue chart.  If the category you want to book isn't listed it's not part of the program.

CCOneCatUpgrade.jpg.a263225cb39387910896cb75cd9bd4fa.jpg

Thanks all! I'm looking at a short cruise on Reflection. Looks like I should be able to get a regular veranda cabin (V2) for the price of an obstructed view veranda (V3). Am I reading that right?

2 hours ago, metsfan1968 said:

Thanks all! I'm looking at a short cruise on Reflection. Looks like I should be able to get a regular veranda cabin (V2) for the price of an obstructed view veranda (V3). Am I reading that right?

Yes, must be done at time of booking.

Just wanted to pop back here to say thank you for the help and document my experience in case it helps others.

I was able to get my Captain's Club number setup with Select status by calling Celebrity directly. They used my Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor number to verify my C&A status - then matched the level for CC (they can also look up your C&A info using name, date of birth, etc., if you don't know your C&A number). Celebrity put a hold on a V2 for me at V3 price. Knowing what my rate should be, I then spoke with a travel agent who called Celebrity to get the same upgrade and book me a cabin - again got a V2 for the V3 price but since I went through the agent, I also got their onboard credit promotion. They couldn't "takeover" the booking that was on hold directly with Celebrity (or maybe didn't try since I've had agents takeover bookings I've had with Royal Caribbean in the past) - so we got a different cabin number - but we're happy with the results overall.

Thanks again for the help.