Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

17 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m good with it. I mean its a 5th round pick and a

QB hadn’t been picked since 12 overall. If that was their next rated QB after the top 5, I’m thrilled to have him in the 5th round. I know we took Haener last year. But our offensive coaching staff was different. I’m all for drafting a QB in the 4th-5th round every year. It’s a lottery ticket and if you get your Brock Purdy it’s well worth it. Remember they spent three 1st round picks on Trey Lance.

I'm excited to see how it plays out. I love the coverage we picked up even in the Free agents. I'm not saying it's going to happen but an at home Super Bowl would be a Dream come true.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, starstruck05 said:

I'm excited to see how it plays out. I love the coverage we picked up even in the Free agents. I'm not saying it's going to happen but an at home Super Bowl would be a Dream come true.

I’m saying it’s not going to happen.

But hey who knows. After 99 I didn’t think we would be in the playoffs much less win a playoff game in 00.

And in 05 nobody thought we would be in the NFC championship game in 06. If the bears had that new indoor stadium they’re proposing I think we would’ve been champs that year.

And after the 08 season..i think we felt better having Payton and Brees..but I don’t think we expected a Super Bowl the next year.

But me I’m looking long-term. I’m not expecting anything big in the next two years.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Tobleronebar said:

Interesting that the same door was closed in January. 

The entire cruise? That would make me think it’s broke and they ain’t fixin it. Minor inconvenience compared to the retractable roof they ain’t fixin on Alaska bound Spirit. You heard it here first.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Remember back to the start of his Sophomore year at OU-the media had basically anointed him as the Heisman winner-until Caleb Williams had a big Texas/OU game

I believe there’s a lurker with a lot of knowledge that will not comment. 

• Haha 13

I haven't been on here in a while. Glad I logged in to see your review. This is my favorite class of ships, and we did the 8 day southern on Horizon couple years ago; was one of my favorite cruises. Next is Firenze in September. Have a great trip and I look forward to the commentary and pics.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The entire cruise? That would make me think it’s broke and they ain’t fixin it. Minor inconvenience compared to the retractable roof they ain’t fixin on Alaska bound Spirit. You heard it here first.

Yes- We used the revolving door or had to use the door near the smoking area.

• Like 1

It’s very very very very rare to see a CD welcoming people to a comedy show. Like I think this is the first time I’ve seen it in 25 carnival cruises and you know how many comedy shows.

IMG_7568.thumb.jpeg.7fb408dd2a5f94799b9214bb35149cbd.jpeg

IMG_7569.thumb.jpeg.7c79b9d8d2a2bbba5d8ea23f756d064b.jpeg

IMG_7570.thumb.jpeg.edd0add0e2c799b3bdd6c66c8d052fee.jpeg

• Like 16

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I noticed yesterday there was no card and the lights still worked. Maybe they have that “feature” disabled now.

IMG_7415.jpeg

On our last two cruises, they left a blank card in the slot.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MEUB1112 said:

On our last two cruises, they left a blank card in the slot.

I’ve seen that. I just haven’t seen no card in the slot, lights still work yet.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Interesting. If we got a bargain because of some high school video so be it..but it sounds a bit absurd to me. That is a crazy situation with no QBs picked between 12 and 150. I don’t think we were looking to draft one as we have five on the roster now…but I think he was too high on the board to pass up at that point. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13357911/Spencer-Rattler-fell-Netflix-QB1-Saints-NFL-Draft.html

I am a OU Sooner fan.  And the media here had anointed him the next Heisman quarterback following Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and Jalen Hurts from OU.  But he didn't live up to the hype and Caleb Williams had the big game against Texas and he became the starting quarterback and Spencer decided to transfer to South Carolina.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I am a OU Sooner fan.  And the media here had anointed him the next Heisman quarterback following Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, and Jalen Hurts from OU.  But he didn't live up to the hype and Caleb Williams had the big game against Texas and he became the starting quarterback and Spencer decided to transfer to South Carolina.  

Gotcha. If you had to put the two on a scale…I’m just going to throw a couple generic numbers at you… 1-150….how big is the gap?

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 5:06 PM, Saint Greg said:

These guys at the bar saying Miami is the worst airport ever. I shouldn’t comment maybe since I haven’t been to MIA yet but I wanted to throw Orlando into the mix. He starts comparing Miami to Nashville im like yeah. I could say San Angelo is the best ever they have one gate.

MIA was a huge mess after our cruise in March. TSA precheck security line was 45 mins..... regular line was almost 2 hours from what we could see. FB group complained about missed flights. Agents didn't appear to give a rat's behind.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Spring rolls. I’m skipping dessert for an extra appetizer I’ll do it every time for these

IMG_7615.thumb.jpeg.7da1da0bf7290fefe54a78a4a77adb3d.jpeg

All I need is chili sauce. I need to remember that

IMG_7616.thumb.jpeg.9e03c3b7069d3840a8d1415f352a001b.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 15