Couple of questions about Southampton embarkation

1 minute ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

Just booked my first P&O cruise. On my past cruises with 2 different cruise lines I had a choice of check-in times to choose from. From reading the comments on here it looks like P&O will just allocate me a boarding time - is that correct? Thanks.

Yes. You will get your boarding time when you do online check around three weeks before you sail.

• Thanks 1

We sail on Arvia this Sunday coming in a full suite and have been given an arrival time of 11:45. It’s a lottery of how long to get there though as the M25 is closed at the A3 junction so the world and his/her/their canine companion will be driving along the coast…..

On 5/1/2024 at 12:26 AM, Selbourne said:

I have a feeling that hospitality lounges were dispensed with during Covid and haven’t returned, or at least the complimentary drinks and snacks have gone?

We had a boarding time of 13.30 and breezed through, no time for lounges. Sometimes it pays to be a lower tier commoner.

• Haha 2

We sail Arvia 2 weeks on Sunday Baltic tier 11.30 am arrival slot .Pleased to say we drive down previous day and stay overnight . Would have to leave home around 6am if we had to drive down same day so can have a lay in both days 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sussexboy said:

We sail on Arvia this Sunday coming in a full suite and have been given an arrival time of 11:45. It’s a lottery of how long to get there though as the M25 is closed at the A3 junction so the world and his/her/their canine companion will be driving along the coast…..

33 minutes ago, Bin man said:

We sail Arvia 2 weeks on Sunday Baltic tier 11.30 am arrival slot .Pleased to say we drive down previous day and stay overnight . Would have to leave home around 6am if we had to drive down same day so can have a lay in both days 

Looks like they are getting anyone  with high priority on very early.  Hope it goes smoothly. 

• Like 2

Due to board Iona on Saturday, we're Mediterranean tier & been given 3.15 check in.

Doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern as we've had earlier times on previous sailings, regardless hope to be on for lunchtime, yes it's a seven night cruise but with these timings it's a 61/2 day cruise! 

29 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

Due to board Iona on Saturday, we're Mediterranean tier & been given 3.15 check in.

Doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern as we've had earlier times on previous sailings, regardless hope to be on for lunchtime, yes it's a seven night cruise but with these timings it's a 61/2 day cruise! 

Good luck, you may be lucky but we wasn't last week. 

They say it is allocated by floor, we were deck 8 on Britannia with a 3.15 boarding time, so I assume it goes from top to bottom. 

We tried our luck but had to wait, so no complaints here, we knew the rules. 

Andy 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

We are Med tier too and had 2.45 on Iona last week - deck 9, balcony. The two inside cabins in our group had 1.30 - again deck 9, but including cruise newbies! We kept to the timings as we had two cars and were swiftly processed. We don’t mind late check-in and we’re not in a hurry to leave on the last morning either. No point in rushing! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, the wandering two said:
53 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Good luck, you may be lucky but we wasn't last week. 

They say it is allocated by floor, we were deck 8 on Britannia with a 3.15 boarding time, so I assume it goes from top to bottom. 

We tried our luck but had to wait, so no complaints here, we knew the rules. 

Andy 

There is no logic!

We are in the Mediterranean tier and were on deck 14 on Arvia at Easter and our boarding time was 3.30 pm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, purplesea said:

There is no logic!

We are in the Mediterranean tier and were on deck 14 on Arvia at Easter and our boarding time was 3.30 pm.

That's my theory out of the window then😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's my theory out of the window then😂

Espcially as the previous year we were on deck 15 and had a boarding time of 12.15!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1