How Strict is the Dress Code on a Nude Cruise?

To each their own.  This would never interest me in the least and I would not want to be on board.  But kudos to those that think this is fun.  I wont judge anyone but I had a weird experience at a nude beach once.  I dont get into nudity at all.  But when I moved to Florida I kept hearing how beautiful this one beach was and a part of it was a nude beach.  I thought no big deal people are sun bathing in the nude.  I kept in my trunks but I sort of got a weird vibe.  I got the vibe that people loved to get up, walk around, and let people see them naked.  It really creeped me out.  I wanted the naked people to stay on their towels.  Most of the people were really old too which is a whole different conversation.  So I think the pool area would not be for me. 🙉🙈

Does anyone remember the Golden Girls episode where Rose books them at a nudist camp by accident.  They wait all weekend to get up the courage to partake in the festivities and go to dinner naked only to have everyone laugh at them as the waiter says "we wear clothes for dinner."

So funny! 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AlaskaGoer said:

I've never even heard of a cruise like this before...

This is a review of what a nude cruise is like.  I'm far too inhibited for that and would have a panic attack in those mirrored elevators.

Nudist cruise ship: What's it like on a boat with 2,000 people not wearing clothes? | The Independent | The Independent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, littlegit said:

This is a review of what a nude cruise is like.  I'm far too inhibited for that and would have a panic attack in those mirrored elevators.

Nudist cruise ship: What's it like on a boat with 2,000 people not wearing clothes? | The Independent | The Independent

Thanks for the link. That was an interesting read.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:40 AM, ColeThornton said:

NCL is only doing this to cut back on people working in the laundry!!!!

I don’t know about this…naturalist etiquette is to always place a towel wherever they sit nude, g string or thong. That’s a lot of towels and a lot of bleach.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Has anyone ever been on a cruise like this before?

No, but I used to enjoy the clothing optional freestyle deck on NCL cruises back in the day.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Has anyone ever been on a cruise like this before?

Never have but I used to sail on Windjammer Barefoot and they occasionally had them. So by chance the following cruise I was on was one. As I watched the crew unload 2 pallets of bleach and extra towels I said to the Captain “ well I guess the crew will have it easy with less luggage” the reply was “ you would be surprised,it is more luggage….accessories .” 

Edited by kelib

8 hours ago, AlaskaGoer said:

I've never even heard of a cruise like this before...

They are not that uncommon. Carnival has at least one annually but as far as I know, a first for NCL. There was a solo cruiser on our Viva cruise who does them and was booked for the NCL cruise.

15 hours ago, littlegit said:

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read. The shiny d*ck comment had me spitting out my coffee. Author definitely has a way with words. Not sure nude cruising would be for me even though I throughly enjoyed a few nude beaches in my younger days. 

The pool deck is scary enough on a regular cruise.  As for the mirrors in the elevators, that big florescent lit bathroom mirror in the stateroom bathroom is a real buzz kill when getting out of the shower but at least there are no witnesses.   

• Haha 4

On 5/2/2024 at 1:36 PM, OrtonPark said:

I went to a nudist camp a few years back, and trust me – it’s nothing they haven’t seen before!I went to a nudist camp a few years back, and trust me – it’s nothing they haven’t seen before!

My grandparents would have loved this cruise. They used to spend the summer at a nudist camp in the the Berkshires back in the 70's and 80's. I never went, just not for me. I agree with the comment about having seen it all before. We encountered a group of nudists on a special snorkeling  excursion at an island off St. Maarten. We were there on a "regular" ship excursion. They were not quite nude as they all had on masks and flippers. It was quite interesting people watching! We had been forewarned of there being possible nudity seen on this excursion. I believe we were on a Royal ship at the time.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:17 PM, 1025cruise said:

While I have no personal experience with this group, it is my understanding that they actually do dress quite well for dinner. 

That makes sense since they don't have to pack a lot of casual clothes.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:56 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I’ve been to a clothing optional beach in St Maarten and no one, I mean NO ONE, who was nude needed to be seen without clothing 🤮

But the best part of the day was watching two boys, maybe 11 or 12.  They were bouncing on a big floaty th No in the water when a couple came down the beach and they both fell off because they were so distracted.  And they couldn’t get back until there fast enough for more of the show.  It was years ago and we still talk about it.

Ha! Our two young-teen aged sons slept in the morning the rest of the family went to that beach, otherwise that would have been them.  I told them that they really missed out and their father darn near got whiplash, lol.

My brother took me to a nudist beach in California years ago. I told him I would not partake but he was free to do so if he wanted. Out of respect for me it opted out but still wanted to show me the beach. I sat there fully clothed and a nude guy walked over and asked me if I was cold.....I said, "No, are you hot?" LOL   I'm pretty sure it made him uncomfortable that I was dressed and he was being sarcastic. I think the only reason my brother took me there was to see my reaction. 

I love to skinnydip but have no interest in just being naked all day. Furthermore I couldn't afford all the sunscreen it would take to protect my lily white lady bits.

• Haha 2