Mini-bar selections

Hello all.  We are cruising on the Voyager in a couple weeks and are working on our mini-bar selections.  

We were wondering, has anyone been able to request and get a liquor selection that ISN'T on the bar menu or the Butler form? A complimentary one I mean, not a connoisseur selection.  The options for Bourbon are pretty basic and limited.  Was hoping for maybe a Buffalo or something in that area.  I mean I've been on NCL countless times and they have many options at the bars, so figured Regent is likely going to have similar options as well given they source from the same place (NCL owns Regent).  But again, just wondering if anyone has been able to get something other that the 3 lousy options on the form/menu.  

TIA!

In all my cruising, I have never filled out a form. I just let the cabin person know and everything I want is in there within a couple of hours.

• Like 1

See this thread. For what it's worth, when we boarded Splendor last year, Grand Mariner wasn't on the list, but we like to have it occasionally, particularly when the weather is cool, and asked if it would be possible. I think that was a request the suite attendant hadn't encountered before, but when we got back to our suite, there was a 1L bottle of it just waiting for us. Ironically, we always got back from dinner too full and never even opened the bottle!

18 minutes ago, rev29k said:

Hello all.  We are cruising on the Voyager in a couple weeks and are working on our mini-bar selections.  

We were wondering, has anyone been able to request and get a liquor selection that ISN'T on the bar menu or the Butler form? A complimentary one I mean, not a connoisseur selection.  The options for Bourbon are pretty basic and limited.  Was hoping for maybe a Buffalo or something in that area.  I mean I've been on NCL countless times and they have many options at the bars, so figured Regent is likely going to have similar options as well given they source from the same place (NCL owns Regent).  But again, just wondering if anyone has been able to get something other that the 3 lousy options on the form/menu.  

TIA!

I asked on the pre-cruise form for either Baileys or Kahlua, and got full size bottles of both.  We were in a Grand Suite, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

All of those liquors mentioned are currently on the list.  I'm just not liking the American Whiskey options listed.  I have attached what is currently being referenced/provided by Regent when you ask for it. 

Pcardad, is anything you asked for not on this list.  Just curious.   

Bar Menu_MASTER_0322.pdf

41 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

I asked on the pre-cruise form for either Baileys or Kahlua, and got full size bottles of both.  We were in a Grand Suite, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I always get Baileys, and I am in a standard suite.

29 minutes ago, rev29k said:

All of those liquors mentioned are currently on the list.  I'm just not liking the American Whiskey options listed.  I have attached what is currently being referenced/provided by Regent when you ask for it. 

Pcardad, is anything you asked for not on this list.  Just curious.   

Bar Menu_MASTER_0322.pdf 94.62 kB · 3 downloads

In the past, they have sent a person off ship to buy something if they didn't have it. I don't know if they still do this. They have gotten me a bottle of Black Seal in the past as well as some mixers they didn't have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rev29k said:

TIA!

On our upcoming Gradeur cruise in July, these are the Bourbons available on our pre cruise form.

BOURBON
Bulleit Elijah Craig Evan Williams Jack Daniel’s
Wild Turkey Woodford reserve

Ok, it's good to see these selections from people that are or have been available.  I hope it's not a selection based on the ship, but I wouldn't see any logical reason for that.  

2 minutes ago, rev29k said:

Ok, it's good to see these selections from people that are or have been available.  I hope it's not a selection based on the ship, but I wouldn't see any logical reason for that.  

This is our full available selections on pre cruise form.

VODKA
Absolut Absolut Citrón Avorza Belvedere
Grey Goose Ketel One Smirnoff Tito’s Gluten Free
BOURBON
Bulleit Elijah Craig Evan Williams Jack Daniel’s
Wild Turkey Woodford reserve
CANADIAN WHISKY
Crown Royal Seagram’s V.O. Seagram’s Seven Crown 
BLENDED SCOTCH WHISKY
Ballantine's Chivas Regal Dewar’s White Label Famous Grouse
Grants J & B Rare Johnnie Walker Black Label Johnnie Walker Red Label
SINGLE MALTSCOTCH WHISKY
Glenfiddich Vat 1 Glenmorangie 10 Years Macallan Quest
IRISH WHISKEY
Bushmills Original Jameson
GIN
Aviation Beefeater, London Dry Hendrick's Mermaid
Bombay Sapphire, London Dry Tanqueray, Special Dry
TEQUILA
Patron Anejo Patron Silver Patron Reposado
RUM
Bacardi Carta Blanca Bacardi Limón Brugal 1888 Captain Morgan Spiced
Mount Gay Myers's
COGNAC
Hennessy V.S. Hennessy V.S.O.P. Laressingle V.S.O.P. Rémy Martin V.S.O.P.
WINE
Cabernet Sauvignon Chardonnay Pinot Grigio Pinot Noir
Sauvignon Blanc Shiraz Merlot

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know how many bottles you are allowed?  I'm not trying to have a fully stocked bar, but I would like a couple options, and the wife really only drinks wine.  I'm hearing 2 bottles, but hoping 3 or 4 is allowed by chance.  

Edited by rev29k

3 minutes ago, rev29k said:

Does anyone know how many bottles you are allowed?  I'm not trying to have a fully stocked bar, but I would like a couple options, and the wife really only drinks wine.  I'm hearing 2 bottles, but hoping 3 or 4 is allowed by chance.  

We will be in a Grand Suite and are allowed to pre-order up to 4 bottles. We have been in same suites on a couple Splendor cruises and have always asked butler for additional choices and have never had a problem getting our requests fulfilled. Suggest you order as many as you are allowed pre cruise, then ask butler or room attendant to add other choices. 

31 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

We will be in a Grand Suite and are allowed to pre-order up to 4 bottles. We have been in same suites on a couple Splendor cruises and have always asked butler for additional choices and have never had a problem getting our requests fulfilled. Suggest you order as many as you are allowed pre cruise, then ask butler or room attendant to add other choices. 

We are on Explorer in two weeks and I can't find anywhere to order liquor for the room "pre cruise".   

Unless you are in a suite with a butler, there is no place to submit your request online. You will need to make your request directly with guest services, or thru your TA.  Or just make your request with your attendant when you get on board. You will have it within a couple hours.

you can also email the special request pre cruise and if buffalo trace is on their distributors list they may be able to get it.

O

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

you can also email the special request pre cruise and if buffalo trace is on their distributors list they may be able to get it.

Others have said the got it so it likely is.  Also, I know NCL does and that's who owns them (NCLH technically).  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Does anyone have a copy of the Suite "premium" selections? The ones beyond the standard list.

On our Grand Suite pre-order form, connoisseur/premium alcohol choices do not show up. Rather, you have to request whatever it is you may want. Probably best for either you or your or TA to contact RSSC for their offerings. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:05 AM, rev29k said:

When I was on Splendor, I got a single bottle of Bulleit bourbon.  When I finished it, another one magically appeared in its place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:05 AM, rev29k said:

In a Penthouse, you can preorder 2, but you can check with your butler about something additional. If you have thoughts of fully stocking a bar in your cabin and aren't in a very high level suite, you'll need to pay for it. If you have a suite lower than Penthouse, you don't have a butler. Your room attendant should be able to get you 2 bottles delivered to your cabin. After the first day onboard, I would expect an empty bottle to be replaced, but finding your attendant to ask for something else can sometimes take a few days, especially if you are off the ship during the day on excursions.

On 5/3/2024 at 2:26 AM, wcsdkqh said:

Unless you are in a suite with a butler, there is no place to submit your request online. You will need to make your request directly with guest services, or thru your TA.  Or just make your request with your attendant when you get on board. You will have it within a couple hours.

We were just on Navigator in a Conciege Suite - so no butler.
When the Steward came and introduced herself on the first day of the cruise I told her what we wanted - alcoholic and non alcoholic. It was stocked later that day and items replaced as we used them.

• Like 3

I normally do not keep any bottles in the room, except for an occasional drink from room service, since I am quite happy to have company in the bars, but I wonder if you can just as at the bars to have a bottle sent to your room.

15 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

but finding your attendant to ask for something else can sometimes take a few days, especially if you are off the ship during the day on excursions.

Just leave a note on the desk for your attendant with your request. I hand them a note even when I see them in person!

• Like 1