Rewards for positive reviews?

50 minutes ago, prmssk said:

There is usually a QR code in the daily planner part way through the cruise.   We have done this a few times.  Once, we even received a few chocolates in our cabin for taking the time to leave a comment. 

I remember having this on Royal a few summers ago when my friend and I were cruising to Greece. I commented how different it was from 2 years prior when my server always made it clear that if I didn't like the gluten-free options - or the ones that could be made gluten-free - there were other options. How on this cruise my servers were by the menu. - to the point that I didn't feel comfortable asking about other options. By the following night, the head server came over to check in and made it clear that I could order off-menu. If I hadn't done that survey mid-cruise, I would have been doing the every day chicken or steak the whole cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2024 at 1:05 AM, cruisestitch said:

I have sent the mid-cruise survey in to compliment specific workers and I have been told that one of the things they get are “scratchers”—-scratch-off cards that contain various rewards and gifts.  One crewmember saw me later and said that he got extra Wi-Fi on his card.

Exactly what happened to us.  There was a lovely woman at the pool who worked so hard and was so sweet.  I saw an officer and told him about her, and later she told me she got a scratch off and it was extra Wi-Fi.  She was very excited and certainly deserved it (plus my extra tip!!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

But position advancement can result in long-term extra money that isn't dependent on people continuing to tip as they have. IOW a positive mention has a lot more long-term effect than cash in the moment.

Of course , a positive mention is extremely important for the “ now and the future “, however a few “cash in the moment “ $$ (IMO ) would be nice to accompany the “appreciation for your great service” comment card.

They buy “ whatever “ with $$$$ , not comment cards.

A few extra $$ added to the cost of the cruise is no “big deal”.

It's not at all difficult to give someone a great review mid cruise.  Go to guest services and either request an attention to detail card or some Celebrity stationery and envelopes.  I always address the envelope to the hotel director.  I've received thank you letters back from the hotel director.  And thanks from the crew members.  It only takes a few minutes.  It's the least I can do for people who are working so hard to see that I have a wonderful cruise.  And, yes, I give additional tips, but I think the written recognition goes a long way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peteymil said:

Exactly what happened to us.  There was a lovely woman at the pool who worked so hard and was so sweet.  I saw an officer and told him about her, and later she told me she got a scratch off and it was extra Wi-Fi.  She was very excited and certainly deserved it (plus my extra tip!!).

So nice!  Was this on Celebrity?

I found this in the newsletter from day 3 of my cruise on the Millie about a year and a half ago:

Celebritywantstohear.jpg.ae669c29589feb9a4023d1843d357dd0.jpg''

So Celebrity DID solicit comments mid-cruise as others have told me they routinely do.  I missed it and I apologize for that.  I still feel that mid-cruise is far too early to leave comments of any kind, unless it's an immediate action item.  If something or someone is exceptional, I'm not likely to forget.  And then I'll note it in the post-cruise survey.  Also, I'm not a big fill-out-surveys kind of person and on vacation besides that, so something would really have to be extraordinary for me to bother doing something like this.  Never say never, but I can't see doing too much of this in the future.  Sorry. 🙃☹️

9 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Of course , a positive mention is extremely important for the “ now and the future “, however a few “cash in the moment “ $$ (IMO ) would be nice to accompany the “appreciation for your great service” comment card.

They buy “ whatever “ with $$$$ , not comment cards.

A few extra $$ added to the cost of the cruise is no “big deal”.

I never said not to give extra money.

But for long-term, that mention is ultimately more valuable. So do both.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

But position advancement can result in long-term extra money that isn't dependent on people continuing to tip as they have. IOW a positive mention has a lot more long-term effect than cash in the moment.

Yes and much better than a $2 bill at a bar or $50 cash at end of cruise.  The long game is more beneficial.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:55 AM, hcat said:

This is from positive comments via cards or scan of the  QR code in the daily (do they actually read those?,)

Yes. I had a crew member I praised in on of those tell me he was given extra time off in a port of call during that very cruise.  

I had a number of them that we had made positive comments about come up to me and thank us for our kind comments.  Apparently our comments were read to the entire team during the morning team meeting. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Yes and much better than a $2 bill at a bar or $50 cash at end of cruise.  The long game is more beneficial.

Doing both is even better! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I never said not to give extra money.

But for long-term, that mention is ultimately more valuable. So do both.

I m sure we were on the same page all along, but I wasn’t clear enough.

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 5:55 AM, hcat said:

They may receive group recognition, extra time off, telephone  cards/ calls home.. This is from positive comments via cards or scan of the  QR code in the daily (do they actually read those?,)

As for the survey..very unfortunate how it is designed and used...turns staff into beggars..less than 10 is trouble!

BUT, if you work it correctly, you can make it work.  Example:  click 10 for you would refer X to friends and family.  Next question will ask for you 2 or 3 reasons why you would make such referral.  Use that box to do detailed 'call outs" for named staff members.  DH says I write a novel for each survey.  Not quite true, but I provide multiple examples/situations why each particular crew member I have named is outstanding. (Yes, I keep notes when we cruise.)  I am verbose but have never run out of "character space".😂  And I believe that my comments along with other paz's resulted in promotions of my named crew members.  Downside: these 10+ minute surveys take me 1.5 hours+.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We once gave a shout out to our excellent stateroom attendant on a comment card part way through a cruise.  The next time he saw us he thanked us profusely and happily showed us the large Kit Kat chocolate bar that he got as a result.  No idea if it was through the scratch card that others have mentioned, or if he was allowed to pick something from the staff commissary/store or whatever, but it certainly was humbling to see how excited he was about the recognition and a small treat as a result. 

Had never thought to submit a compliment part way through a cruise until reading from other CC members how helpful it can be on many levels to the hard working staff (thank you fellow CC'ers).  We make a point of doing so every cruise now!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1