59 min Connect at ORD

EmmasNana

And if your first flight is delayed, what are your options then? Are you flying during a peak travel time? How early or late in the day? Assuming you are flying in for a cruise, are you flying day before or day of?  All things you need to factor in to your decision. 

Pardon my asking, but why would you fly from Dallas to Chicago to Ft Lauderdale when American has numerous non-stops from Dallas to both FLL and MIA?  About 20 daily between the two destinations.

Seems to be overly complicating things.

• Like 3

We live in the Chicago area & fly out of OHare often. Agree that assuming your first flight is on time, both flights are on AA you should be ok, at least not in the winter time. Agree with Flyer Talker's comment, much safer, even if a little more expensive. Two days ago we had to wait one hour for our luggage (longest ever)although hopefully in transit transfers get priority.

9 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Will a 59 min. connection time be enough time at ORD domestic flight on American? DFW - ORD - FLL

Thanks!

Always have a Plan B, but in this case, it's especially important, as a missed connection isn't all that improbable, unfortunately.

IF the flight is on time, you should be fine!

GC

On 5/4/2024 at 10:39 AM, FlyerTalker said:

Pardon my asking, but why would you fly from Dallas to Chicago to Ft Lauderdale when American has numerous non-stops from Dallas to both FLL and MIA?  About 20 daily between the two destinations.

Seems to be overly complicating things.

I am using miles and my choices are limited. Not wanting to use 65k miles pp.

I changed my flight. It will still be DFW - ORD - FLL, but I will have 2.5 hours between flights. 

Now my question is for the return flight. FLL - DFW (I am cruising out of Miami), will an 11:30 flight be doable assuming the ship ports on time.

19 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

I changed my flight. It will still be DFW - ORD - FLL, but I will have 2.5 hours between flights. 

Now my question is for the return flight. FLL - DFW (I am cruising out of Miami), will an 11:30 flight be doable assuming the ship ports on time.

Wise choice for changing your flights.

The ground logistics to make a 11:30 flight out of FLL when sailing out of PortMiami are discussed on the Florida Departures board daily. Remember, its a 45 minute or so drive, and you will be arriving in the middle of the crush from Port Everglades. You can do it, but its not going to be a relaxing morning.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 12:43 PM, EmmasNana said:

I am using miles and my choices are limited. Not wanting to use 65k miles pp.

I am not sure when you are going, but watch for schedule changes. If any of them have a big enough change, you would be able to move to any other flights between DFW-FLL at no extra cost. Actually a lot of people do exactly what you did EXPECTING a change before departure that would allow them to do this.

Edited by zdcatc12
  • Like 1