POCKET KNIFE ALLOWED ??

22 hours ago, Spyder2up said:

Thank you for the detailed rule…he may also decide to leave it in the car.

Will be interesting to hear what you find out.   I have a similar one I usually carry and left it at home on my last cruise.   I was tempted to put it in my shaving kit and see if I could get it aboard.

I later figured I wouldn't be able to bring it ashore and back to the ship so ditched the Idea.

22 hours ago, Spyder2up said:

We will be boarding Beyond next Saturday and my husband would like to take his small pocket knife (2 1/4 in long closed) , will it be allowed?

I would say if you cannot fly with it, you cannot sail with it.

My memory can be wrong these days, but I'm pretty sure the lists used to pretty specifically prohibit knives of any type and size. It's possible I'm thinking Royal, but I thought Celebrity said the same thing. It's not something I see a need for on the ship, and you never know what might not be allowed on one of your port stops. (Definitely don't take your target shooting day bag on your cruise...)

My husband recently reached out to ask if he could take his Sgian Dubh onboard as it’s part of his kilt outfit. He has a plastic bladed one which can be used for travel. A photo of it was supplied. The request was passed on to the security officer onboard Millenium who replied with an emphatic NO! You’d be hard pressed to cut through butter with the plastic bladed sgian dubh as it’s purely for decoration, but it’s still not allowed. 

5 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

My husband recently reached out to ask if he could take his Sgian Dubh onboard as it’s part of his kilt outfit. He has a plastic bladed one which can be used for travel. A photo of it was supplied. The request was passed on to the security officer onboard Millenium who replied with an emphatic NO! You’d be hard pressed to cut through butter with the plastic bladed sgian dubh as it’s purely for decoration, but it’s still not allowed. 

Someone could see it and not know it’s plastic…then they freak out and a lot of unneeded explaining has to be done..I can see their point on stuff like this..I don’t think toy guns are allowed either..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

Ouch plastic play knifes are verboten.  Sometime ago a kid gnawed on his pop tart and the teacher noticed it resembled a gun. The kid was kicked out of school.  Use caution when chewing on toast.  Security might have placed you on THE list!  😄

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Those would be a lot harder to do damage. And aren't as easily concealed.

This Sunday on a Norwegian cruise 1 passenger and two crew members were stabbed with scissors.  Unable to find out if the scissors were the concealable type.  Sorry.

It was on Encore outside Juneau. He attacked one passenger and four crew members, but only the passenger and two crew members were reportedly stabbed. I'm guessing the medical clinic wasn't using trauma shears, which usually have a safety tip on the end to prevent them from stabbing.

if you are flying, a Swiss Army style knife not allowed.  I forgot to remove a very small multi tool from my keychain…one of those things 5 in 1. small screw driver for fixing eye glasses,etc but it had a not even 1” saw type blade.    Holee crap. I thought I was going to be locked up.  Not worth the risk.     If they say not allowed, it isn’t.  

12 minutes ago, bessinfl said:

I had my Swiss Army knife taken away from me on Celebrity a few years ago. I picked it up when I left the ship. 

Did they take it away when you boarded?

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will be interesting to hear what you find out.   I have a similar one I usually carry and left it at home on my last cruise.   I was tempted to put it in my shaving kit and see if I could get it aboard.

I later figured I wouldn't be able to bring it ashore and back to the ship so ditched the Idea.

Funny you should say that Jim that is exactly where my husband said he might put it and see what happens! I will let you know if he goes thru with it and if it works🧳

Anything can be used as a weapon, my neighbor is a flight attention, she was trained as a last resort/life or death situation to smash a liquor/wine bottle and use the jagged glass as a weapon that causes more damage than a small pocket knife

There are reports from scuba divers that they are getting their dive knives on when they put it into a bag that goes to a porter, but not when carrying on.  Usually, when divers bring on dive knives it's because they'll be diving when in port and will "check out" the knife while diving in port and back in when returning.  Divers are supposed to self-report the dive knife to an employee who will call the ship's armorer but that reportedly can take over a half-hour

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Anything can be used as a weapon, my neighbor is a flight attention, she was trained as a last resort/life or death situation to smash a liquor/wine bottle and use the jagged glass as a weapon that causes more damage than a small pocket knife

There are reports from scuba divers that they are getting their dive knives on when they put it into a bag that goes to a porter, but not when carrying on.  Usually, when divers bring on dive knives it's because they'll be diving when in port and will "check out" the knife while diving in port and back in when returning.  Divers are supposed to self-report the dive knife to an employee who will call the ship's armorer but that reportedly can take over a half-hour

How do divers get the knife back on through security after the dive?

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I don't dive, but I'm pretty sure you turn it in when coming through security. That used to be a FAQ that I read one time out of curiosity. They had a system to manage them.

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The ship X-Ray should catch it and they'll call the ship's Armorer to "check-in" the dive knife

• Thanks 1