Disembarkation

jshli

Thank you everyone who have been so helpful in answering my questions as this is my first Princess cruise.

If my cruise docks at Fort Lauderdale at 6AM, would an 11AM flight be realistic if I have priority disembarkation?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jshli said:

Thank you everyone who have been so helpful in answering my questions as this is my first Princess cruise.

If my cruise docks at Fort Lauderdale at 6AM, would an 11AM flight be realistic if I have priority disembarkation?

This is from the Princess website.  Handy tool.  
5 hours International or 4.5 hours domestic flights from arrival time.

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/flight_guideline_ports/

Edited by PacnGoNow

Very realistic, if you plan to make your own way to the airport.  If all goes as planned, first groups will be let off between 7 and 7:30 am.  FLL is 15 to 20 minutes from the Port Everglades WITH traffic.

UBER "may be" faster than taxi line.  Some one once told me that taxi's are heavily regulated.  NOT....i was cheated:  oh, meter doesn't work, etc.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

UBER "may be" faster than taxi line.  Some one once told me that taxi's are heavily regulated.  NOT....i was cheated:  oh, meter doesn't work, etc.  

Grab a taxi van and split it with a stranger in the taxi line from the cruise.  When we do this, at most its $30 total, so $15 per couple.

• Like 1

You will want to walk off.  11am will be good if something weird does not happen.

We have had Customs and Immigration have the "blue flu" and getting out of the terminal take 3.5 HOURS.  A fatal.accident on the entrance road to LAX.  We walked about a mile to get to the terminal.

And of course had a hurricane delay our arrival in Miami.

11am is reasonable.   If domestic would book 11am, especially if a later flight was possible.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jshli said:

Assuming the ship is cleared in a timely manner it should be fine. Disembarkation for walk-off passengers carrying their own luggage can start as early as 6:30. We have been as late as 9:40 for the first walk-off though once when clearance was delayed. 

Are you flying domestic or international? Do you have bags to check? Do you have TSA pre-check? 

3 hours ago, jshli said:

Easily.  We fly home Saturday and have a 10am flight  I typically don't book before 9:30am, but 11am is easy.  Don't rush either, leaving the ship around 8am is plenty of time. Have a nice relaxing breakfast. 

• Like 2

And if your airline participates in the Easy Check (I think that's what it's called), and most do, it's totally worth the $25/bag charge! You set your bags outside your room the night before, as usual, but you don't see them again until you get to your home airport. You can walk off the ship when you want and go straight through Immigration and out the door. 

4 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

And if your airline participates in the Easy Check (I think that's what it's called), and most do, it's totally worth the $25/bag charge! You set your bags outside your room the night before, as usual, but you don't see them again until you get to your home airport. You can walk off the ship when you want and go straight through Immigration and out the door. 

EZ check works for any flight leaving AFTER 10:30 AM and not a minute before (validated by experience).

• Thanks 1

Yes, that sounds correct.  I had a flight out with Delta.  Delta changed the time.  I had it timed perfectly.  I could not convince Customer Service to waive my request.  Thanks for providing correct information.

27 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

Make that 11:30, and not 11:29.

When we used EZ check years ago, it was $25/per person charge not per bag. Because of my FFY status the cruise line put both bags in my name since I get 2 free with the airlines and only charged me 25.  We will be using EZ Check again in June, is that not the case anymore or maybe the cruise line made a mistake the first time. (It wasn’t Princess)