Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

Hi we are currently on the beyond in a MC Sky Suite. We choose these rooms as we like the end view and the fact that they have loungers on them. We boarded and they weren’t there. Asked and was told that the removed loungers from all suites as on broke the glass on the Ascent during a sailing? I can’t believe that the upper suites have no loungers anyone know if this is true?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

there was an article a year or so ago about a glass panel on a balcony shattering but thought article explained was more likely from an inclusion in the tempered glass.    Not sure which ship

Those stupid chairs are uncomfortable without footstools, also removed, which is why we too had a MC suite, for the “comfort” of a lounger.    So what is on your balcony?  The 2 chairs and a table?     

40 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Infuriating! Why have a balcony if the chairs are to uncomfortable to sit on for more than a few minutes. 

Because you can’t spend money on your balcony 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12

We had an Edge SV in 2020 and had a lounger but in 2023 (same cabin), we were told no more loungers on account of safety stemming from people on the previous sailing and perhaps loungers going overboard.  We suspected we were fed a lie as we met other people in SV’s that had loungers.

As for this stated reasoning to the OP by Celebrity staff, I don’t think I believe it to be the reasoning

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Because you can’t spend money on your balcony 🤷🏻‍♀️

Right?!!!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

We had an Edge SV in 2020 and had a lounger but in 2023 (same cabin), we were told no more loungers on account of safety stemming from people on the previous sailing and perhaps loungers going overboard.  We suspected we were fed a lie as we met other people in SV’s that had loungers.

As for this stated reasoning to the OP by Celebrity staff, I don’t think I believe it to be the reasoning

Same thing for us. We were on Beyond in January and were told the same BS. Imagine my surprise when someone on our sailing posted a video of their balcony, same category as ours, with a lounger on it. 

• Like 4

We just did our first E class cruise on Beyond in a Sky Suite.  My husband, who enjoys an evening on the balcony, on a lounger, falling asleep, was more than disappointed.  He didn't demand a lounge from our butler, that isn't his style.  But that sunk it for E class ships.  Hopefully S class ships will not adopt this ridiculous policy.

• Like 3

Our butler had told us upon boarding when we asked that they weren’t allowed so I didn’t question it why would he say that. So after reading all these responses I went to the retreat lounge and just said to the concierge that we always sail in MC Sky Suite and always had loungers and they said we will get them put out for you right away! 
Right hand meet left hand

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, Muushka said:

We just did our first E class cruise on Beyond in a Sky Suite.  My husband, who enjoys an evening on the balcony, on a lounger, falling asleep, was more than disappointed.  He didn't demand a lounge from our butler, that isn't his style.  But that sunk it for E class ships.  Hopefully S class ships will not adopt this ridiculous policy.

Why would lounger be OK on one class of ship and not on the other? 

Safety? SMH, OMG, LOL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, asctony said:

Why would lounger be OK on one class of ship and not on the other? 

Safety? SMH, OMG, LOL

OK, I give up.  What is SMH?

As far as your question, I have no idea.  IHNI 😊

6 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Very suspicious, haven't they had loungers for decades?  Wouldn't be surprised if its a cutback, "want a lounger?  Book a suite!"

The OP is in a suite!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting ...we are on the Beyond now in a MC room. We asked the butler for 2 loungers for the balcony. We got them right away.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put it at all past them for a lounger to be an add-on purchase, like a beverage package, wifi, early boarding (premium pkg thing), room service, etc.  Yup, it'd be an "enhancement." 😆  Cha-ching.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 2