FLL post-cruise hotel, nice pool, w/bar, in less expensive area?

We’re arriving late (midnight) pre-cruise so we will probably just choose the Best Western for that night.

Post-cruise we are looking for a hotel for two nights (<~$200/night), away from the more expensive areas, with a nice pool and a decent property…We have a car and can drive to the Riverwalk and other areas…

Any recommendations? How is the Cambria and the pool there? Any restaurants nearby?

59 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

When are you going to be there? Peak season will make your desired budget challenging.

Yes I forgot to include that little tidbit, thanks!

This will be Monday, April 7 and Tuesday. April 8.

The Riverside in Los Alos would be our choice, but friends we are traveling with prefer a less expensive option. I will book a refundable room now, and check Hyatt Place through Value Trips when they release their prices year end, but they will be a bit high as well…

Cambria, for example, is~$140/night, and we can drive to see other areas and to recommended restaurants. But would like a decent place with a pool the girls would like!

TIA!

5 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

Value Trips for April will be about $260 a night. You are not going to find much under $200 in April, prices drop May 1.

Yes VT will not help…

There are hotels in the ~$200 range away from the prime areas (like Cambria, BW, etc), just looking for any recs on best options for pool, locations…

Any feedback on these two choices in the Danai Beach area as to location/restaurants, and pool?

April, 2025 -

Cambria - $136/nite

Springhill Suites - $180/nite

Reviews for the pricier Springhill are mixed, but it looks like a more walkable area, and a nicer pool perhaps?

Other suggestions are welcome.

I have not stayed there yet, but have reservations for August at the AC hotel by Marriott near the Fort Lauderdale airport. I know you don’t need an airport hotel but it has a nice looking pool, bar and restaurant, and is about a half a mile from Dania Pointe shopping center where there are lots of restaurants and shops.

I hesitate to recommend a place I haven’t been to but yet here I am doing it.

• Like 1

Sonder at Riverwalk is a limited service hotel embedded in the Society Las Olas apartment and we found it to be much cheaper than nearby hotels. The pool is huge and has bar service. The trains didn’t bother us, but it is right beside the rail line.  

• Like 1

We have stayed several times at the Gallery One Doubletree great price, nice large rooms on the water with a water taxi stop in front.  Great places to eat across the street at the mall.  You can walk to the beach.  A little more pricey would the the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort but it's right on the ocean with awesome views and amenities.  Plus we loved Lulu's Bait Shack on the beach for dinner and drinks.     

7 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I have not stayed there yet, but have reservations for August at the AC hotel by Marriott near the Fort Lauderdale airport. I know you don’t need an airport hotel but it has a nice looking pool, bar and restaurant, and is about a half a mile from Dania Pointe shopping center where there are lots of restaurants and shops.

I hesitate to recommend a place I haven’t been to but yet here I am doing it.

Thanks, AC is not available for our dates, but is over our budget at $382/night anyway…

5 hours ago, SkiPro62 said:

Sonder at Riverwalk is a limited service hotel embedded in the Society Las Olas apartment and we found it to be much cheaper than nearby hotels. The pool is huge and has bar service. The trains didn’t bother us, but it is right beside the rail line.  

Looks perfect, but no availability…😔

Check out Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL.  Is 100 yards from beach, bar that sells food, microwave, refrigerator, $ washer/dryer, walking distance to water taxi, clean rooms.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phabric said:

Check out Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL.  Is 100 yards from beach, bar that sells food, microwave, refrigerator, $ washer/dryer, walking distance to water taxi, clean rooms.

Thanks, but the rate is $305/nite. We’re trying o keep it at ~$200/nite.

No need to be close to the ocean or riverwalk, just looking for a decent hotel with a nice pool in a less expensive area…Thinking north or south of airport…

[EDIT] As mentioned we have a car to explore other areas…the main desire is a decent place to relax at the pool during the day…weather permitting! ☺️

Edited by blue_water

It’s about 20 minutes away but we stay in Deerfield beach area, south of Ft Lauderdale.  Several hotels to pick from, all less expensive than the Ft L area.  Since you have a car, this is straight down I95.  We stay there before cruise since we drive down before but go straight home.  Live on west side of Florida.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 11:22 AM, Trainer said:

It’s about 20 minutes away but we stay in Deerfield beach area, south of Ft Lauderdale.  Several hotels to pick from, all less expensive than the Ft L area.  Since you have a car, this is straight down I95.  We stay there before cruise since we drive down before but go straight home.  Live on west side of Florida.

I started looking at Deerfield Beach hotels, but it is north of FLL and the cruise port, correct?

11 hours ago, blue_water said:

I started looking at Deerfield Beach hotels, but it is north of FLL and the cruise port, correct?

Yes.  Depending on the hotel, it is at least a 30 minute drive to Port Everglades.  Working south from Deerfield Beach is Pompano Beach and Lauderdale by the Sea (along the ocean) and then Fort Lauderdale.

The I-95 Cypress Creek exit (#33) has a number of hotels located in both Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach and is about a 20 minute drive to Port Everglades.

Check "inland" along 95.  You're not going to find anything within your parameters anywhere east of the intercoastal.  May and April are the height of season.  I have a place in Boca and when people want to visit and there's too many for the condo, they change their minds really quick when they see the hotel rates for April and May.  🙂