Wrong name on reservation

Help! We just booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean today and when I got the confirmation email, I noticed one of the names is wrong (one name is listed twice, one name is missing). Is this an issue to fix?

4 minutes ago, Cruista said:

Help! We just booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean today and when I got the confirmation email, I noticed one of the names is wrong (one name is listed twice, one name is missing). Is this an issue to fix?

There should have been a phone number and/or return-email-addy to correct any errors with RCCL. You should do this ASAP, of course.

5 minutes ago, Cruista said:

It shouldn't be a problem *IF* you let them know immediately!

Otherwise, it could later be seen to be a way to change a passenger when that isn't allowed.

GC

1 minute ago, Cruista said:

Yes- particularly if air travel is in the deal. But, theoretically (even without air), one of you will not appear on the manifest while the other will appear twice. 
You’d think that RC software would catch the double. But, would you really trust a cruise line that possibly created the issue to begin with. (Please don’t tell us that you erroneously registered the same person twice 😳.

In any case, you need to fix it now.

17 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Otherwise, it could later be seen to be a way to change a passenger when that isn't allowed.

FYI - You can change a passenger up to approx. 3 days prior to sailing (as long as one of the original passenger names remain).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

There should have been a phone number and/or return-email-addy to correct any errors with RCCL. You should do this ASAP, of course.

I called RCCL as soon as I noticed, but they were closed (apparently their 24/7 number isn’t 24/7). I did email though and will call first thing in the am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruista said:

I called RCCL as soon as I noticed, but they were closed (apparently their 24/7 number isn’t 24/7). I did email though and will call first thing in the am.

Probably have to wait for Monday, to get a person not just reading from a script in a cubicle... but that will be fine.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

FYI - You can change a passenger up to approx. 3 days prior to sailing (as long as one of the original passenger names remain).

Exactly.  It's definitely something that eventually needs to be corrected but there is absolutely no reason to panic or feel like you need to rush.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

It shouldn't be a problem *IF* you let them know immediately!

GC

Since when? 

8 hours ago, Cruista said:

The customer service number is 24/7 if you hit the option to book a new cruise.

They always take those calls

• Like 3

You definitely need to call and get this fixed -- do it Monday morning and get the chore off your plate.  

The same thing's happened to us multiple times:  My husband's a Jr., and people tend to leave that off, but it's part of his legal name, it's on all his identification documents, and -- though it's a very small detail -- we're not willing to take a chance at the port.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Essentially since forever. 

That is not true.  Many have reported changing passenger names without issue.  Note that we are talking cruise ships, not airlines.

23 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That is not true.  Many have reported changing passenger names without issue.  Note that we are talking cruise ships, not airlines.

Yes they have - when done in a timely way - but not at the last minute.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

This  post  did not exclude last minute name changes - and for many the last minute is when it would become an issue - when one passenger was ill or just changed plans.

Edited by navybankerteacher

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Essentially since forever. 

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Yes they have - when done in a timely way - but not at the last minute.

You can change names up to 72 hours prior to embarkation, happens all the time 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Less than 72 hours IS last minute - and last minute is what I have been talking about .

And we knew that's what YOU were talking about how?  

If you read the OP, "We just booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean today", odds are they're not within the 72 hour window. (Oh, and at the time I write this post, the OP was 17 hours previously).  

And considering the OP goes on to say "one name is listed twice, one name is missing", even if they DID book a cruise leaving in less than 72 hours, I would think Royal would be accommodating.  

Even airline tickets you can generally change with no issues within the first 24 hours following booking. 

• Like 1