Newbie Question

Not new to cruising but have generally sailed on NCL and never on HAL.  I'm toying with the idea of a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  My question is specific to the "Have It All" package.  Am I correct that there is ONE specialty dinner included in the package?  That's how I read it but a friend read it as every night, which would certainly tip the scales toward that option (literally) 🙂

Apologies in advance if this was discussed elsewhere.  I started on the "New to HAL" thread but didn't have the stamina to get through 293 pages.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

The number of specialty dinners with the HIA package depends on the length of the cruise.  For 7 day it is usually only 1 night, 14 day - 2 nights.  It is not every night and you are usually restricted on which specialty restaurant is offered - usually Canaletto and/or Pinnacle Grill.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Nickelpenny
spelling
  • Like 5

Welcome to HAL! The HIA package basically includes 1 specialty dining per 7 days, not per day. I think I've seen the max is 3 dinners, but could be wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Thanks everyone, sadly as I suspected 🙂  Appreciate everyone's prompt replies.  I'll be back if my friends and I book it!

If you do, please opine your experience. Especially as it compares to current NCL. 

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

restricted on which specialty restaurant is offered - usually Canaletto and/or Pinnacle Grill. 

If your ship has a Tamarind, then the first two choices are Pinnacle and Tamarind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Welcome to HAL! The HIA package basically includes 1 specialty dining per 7 days, not per day. I think I've seen the max is 3 dinners, but could be wrong.

We have an upcoming 35 night cruise, and 3 specialty dining dinners.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mary229 said:

There is also Club Orange which if purchased has a separate dining room and a few specialty menu items.

The first part of your post, and people are continuing to post that, so others are believing it. It is not accurate! 

It is only the 3 Pinnacle class ships (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, and Rotterdam) which have the separate dining room. The remaining ships have a separate line for CO passengers, which effectively cuts them to the head of the line---IF they are open seating. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RuthC said:

The first part of your post, and people are continuing to post that, so others are believing it. It is not accurate! 

It is only the 3 Pinnacle class ships (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, and Rotterdam) which have the separate dining room. The remaining ships have a separate line for CO passengers, which effectively cuts them to the head of the line---IF they are open seating. 

But the OP is on a Pinnacle class ship and club orange may be the source of his confusion 

38 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

But the OP is on a Pinnacle class ship and club orange may be the source of his confusion 

I'm sorry. I should have just pointed out that it is only those three ships. You are right. 
I apologize. 

I do know there is a lot of confusion about dining when you have CO, both as to which ships have a special room, and whether or not there is a special area on the ships without the separate dining room. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuthC said:

I'm sorry. I should have just pointed out that it is only those three ships. You are right. 
I apologize. 

I do know there is a lot of confusion about dining when you have CO, both as to which ships have a special room, and whether or not there is a special area on the ships without the separate dining room. 

That’s ok.  I assumed it might be the source of his confusion so I mentioned it as a possible option he might enjoy 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

If your ship has a Tamarind, then the first two choices are Pinnacle and Tamarind.

We always opt for Tamarind if on our ship, IMO it is the best specialty restaurant of any cruise line. The N. Statendam has Tamarind and a separate CO dining room. This would be a great ship for your first HAL cruise.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

OP we are on our first HAL cruise right now. It’s not your question but I want you to know that we are finding the food so much better than it was on our NCL cruise 

• Like 6