Diamond complimentary drink vouchers

You can use diamond vouchers for specialty coffees at cafe270 and there may be a barista in WJ or any other location other than Starbucks.  You can use the specialty coffee machine in DL without having to use a voucher.

They cannot be used at any Starbuck locations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruceristamsc said:

Can I used my complimentary drink vouchers to buy specialty coffee on Ovation of the seas even though they sell starbucks coffee?  Im confused with the Starbucks exclusion. 

There is no stand alone Starbucks on Ovation, just places that use Starbuck’s beans, so you are good with vouchers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl might have changed but the cafe I went to used Seattle's best which is sold by Starbucks., 

While the "Starbucks" marketing might suck people in, the fact is ships use a variety of beans from different makers like Lavazza and others.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, cruceristamsc said:

Can I used my complimentary drink vouchers to buy specialty coffee on Ovation of the seas even though they sell starbucks coffee?  Im confused with the Starbucks exclusion. 

The Starbucks Exclusion is for a standalone Starbucks Brand Counter.  

It's like the difference between getting ice cream in the MDR or Windjammer, or going to the specialty ice cream store.  You had/have to pay for ice cream at Ben & Jerry's or the Sugar Beach sweet shop, but the ice cream in the MDR is included.  

Drink vouchers CANNOT be used here (note that not all ships have a Starbucks Brand Counter):

RCI_AL-Starbucks.jpg.47122e9156420646966c287e601241c1.jpg

Drink vouchers CAN be used here:

allure-cafe-promenade-car-venue-food-dining.webp.9b65fdca2e7cb7c8d1ba165d7bb903c1.webp

image.png.db98af7945f43153a4654fc0f8c5f187.png.d389b277a30de7c7ef3156bd667efe6a.png

Hope that helps.

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, cruceristamsc said:

Vouchers were good at 270 cafe and in the Windjammer coffee bar.  Crown lounge coffee machine has several good choices. This was last year on Ovation Alaska.  We used our 10 vouchers per day for cocktails only, and most were used in the MDR and Vintages.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Crown lounge coffee machine has several good choices. This was last year on Ovation Alaska.  We used our 10 vouchers per day for cocktails only

Yep, the coffee machine is my 2nd favorite perk after the vouchers. Unless you're very particular about your coffee and must have something more complex than a standard cappuccino, latte, americano, etc., I'd use the machine and save the vouchers. I have multiple cappuccinos from the machine every morning.

No judgment intended if you prefer fancier coffee; we all like what we like. I drink cheap stuff from my Mr. Coffee at home so anything from the CL machine is a step up for me, lol.

• Like 2

I've used my drink vouchers many times at Cafe270.  As a matter of fact I HIGHLY recommend getting your coffee there.  The coffee / pastry shop in the promenade usually has a huge line, while Cafe270 doesn't.  (If you like chai tea lattes, there's is excellent, BTW).