SOLSTICE SKY SUIT ?

Hello,

Sorry all, my first post I miswrote about the E class I meant about the Solstice class ship and don't know how to change the title so rewrote a new post here correctly, sorry about that error.

We are booked on sky suite 2129 and worried I will be up all night hearing rolling carts as the oceanview cafe is right above us, I am a light sleeper.  Has anybody experienced this stateroom (2125-2137) on the Equinox or any other Solstice class ship?  I like to hear if these cabins are very noisy with the oceanview cafe above or whether it was quiet.  I can downgrade to an aqua class stateroom, it is a blue chip offer.

If there was noise, what time did the noise start, I like to stay up late in the evenings and sleep until 9 lol.  Thank you.

On the S class cabin sticky there are 2 reviews of 2129, one from the Solstice other from the Eclipse, same as the Equinox. 

Both mention noise from rolling carts as an issue.  One party clearly found the noise to be a problem.  The other the noise was not a problem for husband but wife had problems with noise.  

There is a 3rd review but it is from the Silhouette where the ship layout is different so 2129 may be in a different location.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

Sorry all, my first post I miswrote about the E class I meant about the Solstice class ship and don't know how to change the title so rewrote a new post here correctly, sorry about that error.

We are booked on sky suite 2129 and worried I will be up all night hearing rolling carts as the oceanview cafe is right above us, I am a light sleeper.  Has anybody experienced this stateroom (2125-2137) on the Equinox or any other Solstice class ship?  I like to hear if these cabins are very noisy with the oceanview cafe above or whether it was quiet.  I can downgrade to an aqua class stateroom, it is a blue chip offer.

If there was noise, what time did the noise start, I like to stay up late in the evenings and sleep until 9 lol.  Thank you.

We were in #2148 Equinox.  No noise at all from above, below, beside.  If it were me, I wouldn't change and lose the perks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We were in #2148 Equinox.  No noise at all from above, below, beside.  If it were me, I wouldn't change and lose the perks.

Isn’t 2148 aft facing SS?  Which would not be under the Oceanview.

We were in 2125 in November (same cabin a year earlier). I don't recall excess noise. I'm sure there was some, but I don't remember it being problematic for either of us. But again, others may have different experiences and different tolerance for the sound. We have had rolling carts, but I don't remember which cabin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Isn’t 2148 aft facing SS?  Which would not be under the Oceanview.

Sorry....should be more careful.....Must have the cabin # wrong.....we were deck 12, Equinox, starboard side....no noise and I'm a light sleeper.

18 minutes ago, jwlane said:

OVC is not open all night.

They clean the OVC at night and that requires moving table etc. The cleaning happens in the middle of the night and many with rooms below are disturbed.

We have not sailed the equinox, but we were on the Reflection and had a room under the OVC.  We did not notice noise because the cabins are below the carpeted seating areas.  We have had a lot more noise under the sunset bar area.  Chairs being dragged across the deck mostly.  The best "Noise" was in the evenings when the guitarist was playing.  We could sit on our balcony and listen to the music.  😃 

• Like 1

We have been in 2129 on Equinox. No excessive rolling cart noise. But I was concerned beforehand, as the further toward the aft these Sky Suites go, the noisier they can be as you begin to be staying under tiled areas. I would not want to try anything further toward the aft than this. 

• Like 1