Why are 12 packs of waters or sodas not available online?

I went into my account to purchase some sodas and 12 packs of water to be delivered to my cabin for my upcoming cruise but it’s not available. I checked all of my future cruises and it’s not available on any of them. There are six packs of sodas or waters with cooler bags for purchase but that’s not what I want. I don’t want an expensive cooler bag, I just want the sodas and the waters. And alcohol isn’t available for pre purchase either. Did this get taken away? Is it not available anymore?

Soda and water is available on my cruise in July-go to manage your account, categories, In-room food and beverages, In-room beverages- water. I also found 6 packs of soda. I don’t recall there ever being a 12 pack of soda available, but there are 6 packs. 

IMG_1013.png

• Like 1

I had no idea you could get sodas through Carnival, not as the soda package that's nearly 10 bucks a day... That's a game-changer... I may need to re-think the soda package, although they say it's "non-refundable" and I've already paid for it. Looks like I have some research to do...

44 minutes ago, Noledad77 said:

I had no idea you could get sodas through Carnival, not as the soda package that's nearly 10 bucks a day... That's a game-changer... I may need to re-think the soda package, although they say it's "non-refundable" and I've already paid for it. Looks like I have some research to do...

You can cancel the soda package as long as you do it before you leave. 

59 minutes ago, Noledad77 said:

You can also take your own sodas on with you (12pk per person) and buy more in ports if you run out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Available on my next two cruises. Both water and what passes for soda, Pepsi.

lol that’s hilarious! I’m not a fan of Pepsi either. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Soda and water is available on my cruise in July-go to manage your account, categories, In-room food and beverages, In-room beverages- water. I also found 6 packs of soda. I don’t recall there ever being a 12 pack of soda available, but there are 6 packs. 

IMG_1013.png

In room food and beverage isn’t showing on mine. Weird. 

7 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Sounds like user error.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 071719.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 071757.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 071834.png

I’ve been cruising over 20 years and I’m Diamond, I promise you it’s not user error. In room food and beverage isn’t showing up at all for me. I thought they’d discontinued that category or something. Must be a glitch in the system. 

22 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

You can purchase this online.  From within your Cruise Manager, click on Categories and then In Room Food & Beverages.

Capture.PNG

In room food and beverage disappeared on my bookings. I think it’s another one of those glitches in the system. I’m going to go try again. I hate Carnivals website it’s so glitchy. 

I went back in and it still didn’t show up. So I switched from my phone to my computer and it was all there. I don’t know if it was because of my phone or if it was a glitch in the system, but I got my order in. Thanks for your help guys. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

I went back in and it still didn’t show up. So I switched from my phone to my computer and it was all there. I don’t know if it was because of my phone or if it was a glitch in the system, but I got my order in. Thanks for your help guys. 

I will infer it was a glitch using whatever browser that was on your phone as opposed to a glitch in Carnivals system.

As soon as you attempted via your PC, everything was fine and your order got entered without difficulty.

2 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I will infer it was a glitch using whatever browser that was on your phone as opposed to a glitch in Carnivals system.

As soon as you attempted via your PC, everything was fine and your order got entered without difficulty.

Yeah I’ve had troubles on carnivals website when using my phone. I think I’ll check via computer before I post next time. I just panicked because I love to order a few drinks and waters for our room. 

Posted (edited)

Carnival Splendor is not offering bottled water for our cruise in February. This is our first cruise out of Sydney. So, maybe this is the norm.

Edited by bubba_m
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 12:31 AM, Linsuesue said:

IMG_1013.png

I don't have in room food and beverage as an option. Can you screen shot that? I have drink and decor or food and decor, beverage gift packs. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:19 AM, teknoge3k said:

Sounds like user error.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 071719.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 071757.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 071834.png

Those prices are absolutely obscene. The water not so much I guess, but the rest of the prices are ridiculous. It's cheaper at Disney World, and they actually give you Coke there.

9 hours ago, buddyjo143 said:

I don't have in room food and beverage as an option. Can you screen shot that? I have drink and decor or food and decor, beverage gift packs. 

Do you not have In room food and beverages under categories? If you do, just scroll down and soda and water are listed. 

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

Those prices are absolutely obscene. The water not so much I guess, but the rest of the prices are ridiculous. It's cheaper at Disney World, and they actually give you Coke there.

On NCL, a 12 pack of half liter waters are $23.94!

5 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

On NCL, a 12 pack of half liter waters are $23.94!

If I was on the NCL board I'd probably complain about it there too.

I found the "glitch" for me. When you select cruise manager, about 6 to 8 choices show up. The in  room beverage doesn't show up there. You have to use the pull down categories menu in the upper left corner. So, not user friendly for me. You think you know what I want, Carnival, but you were wrong. LOL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Do you not have In room food and beverages under categories? If you do, just scroll down and soda and water are listed. 

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

Thank you so very much. I got a menu of choices when I logged in, but didn't catch the upper left corner for categories. I sometimes need that visual prompt.;

• Like 2