Electrical outlets in Westerdam bathroom usable for a Waterpik?

I have a newly completed dental implant and my dentist strongly recommends a Waterpik. Do the bathrooms on Westerdam have an electrical outlet that will power a Waterpik?  I know sometimes there's a low power outlet meant just for an electric razor.but this thing needs to plug into a real outlet. It's not something that's rechargeable. Has anyone actually used a plug-in Waterpik in a Westerdam bathroom? If it makes a difference we'll be in a vista veranda cabin.

59 minutes ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

I have a newly completed dental implant and my dentist strongly recommends a Waterpik. Do the bathrooms on Westerdam have an electrical outlet that will power a Waterpik?  I know sometimes there's a low power outlet meant just for an electric razor.but this thing needs to plug into a real outlet. It's not something that's rechargeable. Has anyone actually used a plug-in Waterpik in a Westerdam bathroom? If it makes a difference we'll be in a vista veranda cabin.

I've not been on the Westerdam but mine didn't fit in the bathroom outlet on the Zaandam and the Neiuw Amsterdam, my plug was polarized, the socket was not. I have since got a rechargable waterpik for travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, electro said:

I've not been on the Westerdam but mine didn't fit in the bathroom outlet on the Zaandam and the Neiuw Amsterdam, my plug was polarized, the socket was not. I have since got a rechargable waterpik for travel.

Exactly this!  I encountered the same problem on a few different ships, and after using my waterpik over a garbage can at the vanity in the main room a couple of times with terribly messy results, I caved and bought the rechargeable one... wayyyyy easier and way less mess too!! HAHA!!! 

• Thanks 1

Just got off Zuiderdam.  I used an adapter with my waterpik to get it to fit the outlet.  I had to hold it in the socket with one hand and use the pik with the other.  Not easy and quite messy...I think I'll look at a rechargeable one for my next long cruise.

Posted (edited)

I use a plug-in travel waterpik sidekick.  It plugged into the bathroom outlet and it worked fine on six cruises, until a Koningsdam cruise last month.  On that cruise the plug was loose (post 5).  I inserted a European adapter into the outlet and the waterpik plug into the adapter.  It worked fine.  
IMG_0414.thumb.png.aeb4465e0eb15b06543f81c1df44d6e6.png

Edited by electricguy

This is the one I bought at my local Costco here in Canada... it was $69.99 in store... and has a larger home use unit, as well as the portable wireless re-chargeable unit for travel - I love it!!!

image.png.8e7e6dd851400f8f9cca7d9cee02d8ae.png

• Like 2