Onboard Guest Services

Is there an email address for asking a question about a future cruise, and whether I can expect something specific?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, May B said:

Is there an email address for asking a question about a future cruise, and whether I can expect something specific?

Someone here may be able to answer your question, if you tell us what you are referring to as "something specific".  

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Someone here may be able to answer your question, if you tell us what you are referring to as "something specific".  

Do Royal ships have a rabbi onboard for Rosh Hashanah?

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I would imagine that those concerned about observing Rosh Hashana would not be cruising at this time. Though, I suppose finding a spot for Tashlich will be easy.

We're normally in synagogue for the holidays but managed to unknowingly book a cruise that was on 1st day of Rosh Hashanah.   There was no rabbi but services were self-led.  They provided prayer books, challah, and wine.sinc3 it was a TA we had met some the other attendees at Friday night services.   If you want something special call or email mbayley@rccl.com and someone will help.  Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I would imagine that those concerned about observing Rosh Hashana would not be cruising at this time. Though, I suppose finding a spot for Tashlich will be easy.

And with many choices of bread.

Believe me, I was truly surprised that my friend who attends a.m. minyan twice a week and a Shabbat service, pretty much always, has purchased a cruise over Rosh Hashanah. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

We're normally in synagogue for the holidays but managed to unknowingly book a cruise that was on 1st day of Rosh Hashanah.   There was no rabbi but services were self-led.  They provided prayer books, challah, and wine.sinc3 it was a TA we had met some the other attendees at Friday night services.   If you want something special call or email mbayley@rccl.com and someone will help.  Enjoy your trip.

It isn’t I, but I’ll pass along that email address, for sure. Thank you!

Was the prayer book a holiday prayer book? I think they have Gates of Heaven, and perhaps it’s Shabbat and holiday in the same book.

Unknowingly, I can understand. On purpose, was more surprising to me.

That must’ve been quite nice, when you had already met the cruisers at a Friday night. Challah and wine and safe candles are on every cruise line, I think. For a special treat, Crystal also has gefilte fish. On Viking, who made our tenth for minyan? The captain of the vessel! 

6 minutes ago, May B said:

It isn’t I, but I’ll pass along that email address, for sure. Thank you!

Was the prayer book a holiday prayer book? I think they have Gates of Heaven, and perhaps it’s Shabbat and holiday in the same book.

Unknowingly, I can understand. On purpose, was more surprising to me.

That must’ve been quite nice, when you had already met the cruisers at a Friday night. Challah and wine and safe candles are on every cruise line, I think. For a special treat, Crystal also has gefilte fish. On Viking, who made our tenth for minyan? The captain of the vessel! 

The candles are electric because they're very afraid of fire.  Niether of recalls which prayer book.  They seem to be different on each.ship.  on one ship we were the only ones who spoke English as their first language!  Made life interesting.   We go with the flow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, njkruzer said:

The candles are electric because they're very afraid of fire.  Niether of recalls which prayer book.  They seem to be different on each.ship.  on one ship we were the only ones who spoke English as their first language!  Made life interesting.   We go with the flow.

I believe battery-operated is more accurate, but of course not real fire.

Except once on Azamara, the Israeli security guy was allowed to light real candles.

That must’ve been a fascinating experience, on the ship where you were the only English-speaking worshippers. Do you recall what the prayer book had? When we went into the shul in Florence on Shavuot, the prayer book was (of course) Italian and Hebrew. We had to sit separately, and neither of us ever could figure out where we were in the book! In Istanbul, we arrived for the tail end of morning minyan, and again, we sat separately. I can’t remember that prayer book! Perhaps it was just in Hebrew.

8 minutes ago, May B said:

I believe battery-operated is more accurate, but of course not real fire.

Except once on Azamara, the Israeli security guy was allowed to light real candles.

That must’ve been a fascinating experience, on the ship where you were the only English-speaking worshippers. Do you recall what the prayer book had? When we went into the shul in Florence on Shavuot, the prayer book was (of course) Italian and Hebrew. We had to sit separately, and neither of us ever could figure out where we were in the book! In Istanbul, we arrived for the tail end of morning minyan, and again, we sat separately. I can’t remember that prayer book! Perhaps it was just in Hebrew.

No, don't recall the book. We were sailing out of San Juan the others were not all Spanish speaking.  Thankfully dh was able to communicate with everyone.  No minyan but ok.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 11:42 AM, May B said:

Do Royal ships have a rabbi onboard for Rosh Hashanah?

There was not one on Oasis last year.  I zoomed into my own synagogue's service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

There was not one on Oasis last year.  I zoomed into my own synagogue's service.

Agree seldom there but they do try to do something. 

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

This is so right up my alley, I’m amazed that I didn’t figure it out myself. Thank you!

And this gentleman has three different congregations he visits regularly (two different cities). One of them appears to have their various High Holy Day services archived on You Tube!

23 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

It will probably be a cruise line put together booklet. Not a formal Mahzor. I also wouldn't expect to see one Torah, let alone 2. Nor would I expect a round Challah.

The Torah is the first thing Mr B said would be missing. True about a Mahzor. Tbh, this gentleman uses his own siddur for daily minyan, when he attends at my congregation. I can offer to lend him my Mahzor, given to Chai members. It’s really a good one. 

Maybe he was just teasing me when he said he’d email Special Needs. 😁