Stabbing on Crown Princess???

Posted (edited)

The posts about the “alleged” stabbing and fight said there was an evacuation off of the coast of Oregon. The other poster on the cruise who felt Princess should have done more was an evac to a Victoria, BC hospital and unrelated.

I am pretty sure if one was a victim of an assault on a Princess ship procedures hey would get more care/follow up  than the usual medical/injury evacuation. 

Edited by sunviking90

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

This is where we disagree:  if someone gets stabbed on a ship I fully expect the cruise line to take extra care of them after medi-vac off. It's necessary PR to have extra TLC for a crime victim.

That said: if medivac off because of illness or injury not caused by another then its appropriate to get the person to the appropriate transportation to the correct medical facility.

@RV Queen hope he has a full & complete recovery. 

RV Queen did not say her husband was stabbed, only that he was evacuated 

The question of a stabbing seems more rumor than fact at this point..

Considering that there is no confirmation from any news source by now makes it seems even less of a possibility.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, TRLD said:
2 hours ago, Ombud said:

This is where we disagree:  if someone gets stabbed on a ship I fully expect the cruise line to take extra care of them after medi-vac off. It's necessary PR to have extra TLC for a crime victim.

That said: if medivac off because of illness or injury not caused by another then its appropriate to get the person to the appropriate transportation to the correct medical facility.

RV Queen did not say her husband was stabbed, only that he was evacuated 

The question of a stabbing seems more rumor than fact at this point..

Considering that there is no confirmation from any news source by now makes it seems even less of a possibility.

PCL Responsibility IMHO:

If ill : responsibility ends once moved to medical transport

If stabbed : responsibility continues thru hospitalization 

My opinion hasn't changed. RV Queens spouse is one or the other and I've always thought that Canadian medical care was excellent. 

Edited by Ombud

The stabbing rumor is sounding more and more unlikely as time passes.

Someone would have likely spilled the story by now if there was a stabbing.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

PCL Responsibility IMHO:

If ill : responsibility ends once moved to medical transport

If stabbed : responsibility continues thru hospitalization 

My opinion hasn't changed. RV Queens spouse is one or the other and I've always thought that Canadian medical care was excellent. 

Except there does not appear to have been a stabbing and it was a normal.medical evacuation with the patient successfully transfered.

In such a case the cruise line does not book flights or hotel, though the port agent in some cases might recommend a hotel.

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

As far as I can tell from this thread there was no stabbing or injury caused by another it was a a rumor. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, memoak said:

As far as I can tell from this thread there was no stabbing or injury caused by another it was a a rumor. 

I seem to recall a stabbing happening on a Nile river cruise.  

• Haha 5

It is a scary thing when a loved one has to be transported off the ship and to a hospital. I can't imagine being airlifted. We were fortunate that we were in port at anchor in Port Vendres, France when they brought paramedics onboard to attend to my wife who was suffering from congestive heart failure.  They took her to a nearby hospital in Perpignan.  I gathered up some clothes and our passports and met the port agents at the pier.  They took me to the hospital to be with her.  She was stable by the time they got her to the hospital.  The agents stayed with me until she was checked in and made hotel arrangements for me. Then drove me to the hotel to get checked in and back to the hospital.  They even called me the next day to check on her.  

I guess the same doesn't happen if you are not in port, but you would think that the cruise-line would have systems and procedures in place to offer assistance,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

It is a scary thing when a loved one has to be transported off the ship and to a hospital. I can't imagine being airlifted. We were fortunate that we were in port at anchor in Port Vendres, France when they brought paramedics onboard to attend to my wife who was suffering from congestive heart failure.  They took her to a nearby hospital in Perpignan.  I gathered up some clothes and our passports and met the port agents at the pier.  They took me to the hospital to be with her.  She was stable by the time they got her to the hospital.  The agents stayed with me until she was checked in and made hotel arrangements for me. Then drove me to the hotel to get checked in and back to the hospital.  They even called me the next day to check on her.  

I guess the same doesn't happen if you are not in port, but you would think that the cruise-line would have systems and procedures in place to offer assistance,  

They got them to the hospital which I believe their responsibility ends. A complaint that they didn’t arrange flights home I don’t understand 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

They got them to the hospital which I believe their responsibility ends. A complaint that they didn’t arrange flights home I don’t understand 

Me either.  That is why you get insurance!  

• Like 3

We always have Medjet. If we are hospitalized anywhere in the world they will fly us back home to our local hospital. It not only covers us when we sail but also when we do our multi-week camping trips in the US. It's cheap insurance against what could otherwise be a disaster.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2024 at 4:29 PM, memoak said:

Maybe they thought they were on a Carnival cruise. LOL

My first thought!

13 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

My first thought!

While it's amusing to make jokes about Carnival, it's beyond naive to think a cruiseline will take care of you in an emergency.  You hope to be given adequate medical care on the ship and a safe evacuation if necessary.  I'm sure some ships do, some don't ... but a pax certainly cannot count on it.  Nobody should be travelling anywhere without personal insurance to take care of emergencies of every kind.  Same concept as travelling with one credit card that is maxed out halfway through your trip.  We have to take responsibility for ourselves in this cold, cruel world.

• Like 1

Since it looks like there may not have been a stabbing and the posts have gone way off the Crown, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7